French political discussion megathread: Yellow Vest Redux (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:56:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French political discussion megathread: Yellow Vest Redux (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French political discussion megathread: Yellow Vest Redux  (Read 30025 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: May 22, 2022, 04:18:34 PM »

Macron replaces minister of Edu. Previously occupied by a 'anti-woke' rightist, now the position would be held by a historian who is a expert on racism in the West.
Dear god... Truly someone who will Work to destroy France from inside by teaching children how much they should hate their countries because the cops actually do their job of arresting the criminals like the traore
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 08:03:07 AM »

I don't have the desire to contribute anything to this discussion other than to remind posters to keep it civil. It's not an issue that deserves that level of personal investment.

There are a great number of uncharitable assumptions being made about the personal lives of posters with whom I'm good friends and of whose personal lives I thus know these assumptions to be untrue, yes.

Then stop behaving as an ass hole with people disagreeing with you on allowing Burkinis would be a great start.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 08:21:44 AM »

The french are now massively pro nuclear (75% in favour).

Hopefully everything will be working for this winter.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 08:49:55 AM »

Adrien Quattenens has resigned from his LFI portfolio because it was leaked that he slapped his wife.

Melenchon's reaction : a three pronged mainstream media, police and social media conspiracy and the wife beater deserves credit for bravery.

Quattenens proves yet again LFI as an organism cannot be relied on because the individuals who follow the cult leader are as bad as the cult leader. .

Be interesting to hear how the pro-Nupes people here justify wife beaters. Bouhafs was given some leeway for being from a North African background. So ginger people deserve some slack too I imagine...

This is an example among many other examples why I don't support NUPES. It's very low to defend wife beaters.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 03:03:38 PM »

Adrien Quattenens has resigned from his LFI portfolio because it was leaked that he slapped his wife.

Melenchon's reaction : a three pronged mainstream media, police and social media conspiracy and the wife beater deserves credit for bravery.

Quattenens proves yet again LFI as an organism cannot be relied on because the individuals who follow the cult leader are as bad as the cult leader. .

Be interesting to hear how the pro-Nupes people here justify wife beaters. Bouhafs was given some leeway for being from a North African background. So ginger people deserve some slack too I imagine...

This is an example among many other examples why I don't support NUPES. It's very low to defend wife beaters.

There's a good chunk of abstentionnists and Macron's electorate that could be convinced to get behind a genuine, minimalist left-wing platform rather than a social fascist or caricatures created by the media like Sandrine Rousseau. But alas the Meluche cultists got their way. That's why it angers me even more than any fash flash in the pan : a total missed opportunity thanks to the mythology of LFI somehow being populated by remotely credible people.

The two main reasons that the left is such in a bad shape now: Valls (his rightwing policies ) and Melenchon who has turned La France Insoumise into a sect.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 03:50:50 PM »

An another key member of the NUPES, Julien Bayou, has been accused of having beaten his wife as well.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 12:53:30 AM »

An another key member of the NUPES, Julien Bayou, has been accused of having beaten his wife as well.

I think your allegation is quite libellious, as Sandrine Rousseau only talked about ''actions who endanger the moral health'' and is not yet calling to him to be suspended from his party positions. Don't jump the shark in your anti-NUPES position.

Well he has been accused by an another important member of the NUPES and this is what I reported. I didn't Say he did it.

So please explain me how this was "libellous"?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 03:42:50 AM »

The European Left's obnoxious self obsession with doing whatever the opposite of what the Americans do has now culminated in them standing up for wife-beating homophobic anti-Semites to own the Jews.
*Totalitarian far left as NUPES is
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 05:34:40 AM »

The European Left's obnoxious self obsession with doing whatever the opposite of what the Americans do has now culminated in them standing up for wife-beating homophobic anti-Semites to own the Jews.
*Totalitarian far left as NUPES is

Does France have an actual left? I don't remember any major candidates on that side other than Melenchon

It used to frankly. Now the mainstream left is mostly divided between En Marche and PS (part of NUPES).
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 12:19:03 PM »

Jupiter apparently thinks this is a good idea to dissolve the National Assembly if the representatives don"t vote his 65 years retirement bill.

He really has 0 political instinct, he's a very mediocre politician
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2022, 10:40:44 AM »

Jupiter apparently thinks this is a good idea to dissolve the National Assembly if the representatives don"t vote his 65 years retirement bill.

He really has 0 political instinct, he's a very mediocre politician

It will result in a worse result for LREM, and may even lead to RN forming government...
A LFI-RN government!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2022, 01:58:08 PM »

Nicolas Sarkozy is threatening to leave LR if Bruno Retailleau is elected party president. The latter said he wanted to make the right "actually rightwing".

If Sarkozy, who was seen as really rightwing back in the day, thinks the party has moved too far right, that really says a lot.
Was he really rightwing thought? I must admit his reelection campaign was particularly rightwing but how did he govern:
-Biggest stimulus plan ever against the subprime crisis
- Reaching out the center left by appointing a ton of them to key posts: Kouchner,...

It seems to be he was trying more than anything to expand his coalition both to the center left and to the far right
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 07:15:26 PM »

Regarding Jean Luc Melenchon,
It's obvious that he simply doesn't want to retire from politics so he's appointing as his heir Manual Bompard who is his not particularly smart groupie.
I truly wonder what is going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if some splits happen in the future.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2022, 08:29:57 AM »

Regarding the left,
I have the feeling the NUPES is going to be completely reshaped in the next few years. There are so many ideological different factions inside it I do not expect to live in harmony with each others in a post Melenchon World.
Bompard doesn't have Melenchon 's skills and doesn't have his legitimacy either
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2022, 08:58:21 AM »

In their own ways, both Macron and Melenchon seem pretty irreplaceable. Of course, this is always likely to be a problem if you have moved so much towards "boss" politics as France currently has - strong party systems are often criticised, but they also have their uses.
To be fair,
This is why autocracies never last. The transition to a new political leader is Always a mess
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2023, 03:01:29 PM »

Both sides in the PS congress stuffing ballots. Really? How surprising!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2023, 03:53:56 PM »

Honestly I don't see how France doesn't end up into some kind of civil war. It's clearly being divided into three camps who hate each others. It's already a banana republic given Macron passes important laws by decrees anyway but things are going to deteriorate.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2023, 01:39:54 PM »

How is this any worse than what labor rioters do? 15 years ago weren't labor rioters literally kidnapping bosses demanding not to be fired?
Yes frankly. It's a typical lumpenproletariat riot. Nothing New.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2023, 02:11:34 PM »

It’s funny seeing liberals call this a lumpen riot. There are a lot of regular people out there on the street, if anything it seems more upscale than the black demographic during the George Floyd protests.
I'm not talking about the strikes against the pension reform. But clearly the riots the past few days were clearly from very poor urban people
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2023, 04:34:12 PM »

The fact that the killer has the exact same profile as the murderer of Samuel Paty from three years ago is a tragedy. It is obvious that France made a mistake allowing these chechen "refugees" in. This might not be politically correct to say but there really seems to be a problem with Islam. If I were french, I'd certainly vote for Lepen over Melenchon.

Honestly I will defend the chechens emigrees. Most of them are clearly fine people who are doing nothing wrong and are clearly Well integrated into the french society in various security jobs apparently.

It is true however that a tiny minority of them have fallen Much more to dijadism than the other immigrants from Muslim background
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2023, 12:07:39 PM »

The issue is the massive proliferation of mosques with extremist views, with French authorities allowed Saudi and Qatari wallets to fund.

I'm not sure what happened to the "Islam de France" idea but it wasn't exactly the worst one.
I'm not going to Say this isn't a problem but I'm optimistic this about to be resolved.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2024, 04:03:30 PM »

Attal has his boyfriend Stéphane Séjourné as Foreign Minister. It's very much a sign that Macron doesn't give a sh**t anymore, he just wants his close circle given nice positions. He's going out with a whimper.
No one gives a s*it about that in France. Royal, Hollande's previous wife, was the number 3 of his government after Hollande and Valls lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies