French political discussion megathread: Yellow Vest Redux (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:10:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French political discussion megathread: Yellow Vest Redux (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French political discussion megathread: Yellow Vest Redux  (Read 29981 times)
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« on: March 19, 2023, 10:59:59 AM »
« edited: March 19, 2023, 11:09:16 AM by Farmlands »

Most moderate French protesters

So edgy. The left in France really needs to improve their organizational skills and project a better image than what's currently happening if they want to gain back a hold in the country. But they'll just probably just put up Mélenchon again in the next election anyways...
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 08:41:21 AM »

Violent riots are always the wrong approach and lead to nothing other than more innocent people or their property getting hurt. What happened is a tragedy and disgrace, but two wrongs don't make a right. Protests should always be peaceful, otherwise it's no protest.
That's not how things work in the real world

You're right. Sometimes we on Atlas lose touch with the common people, and forget that working-class folks love having their cars and upstart businesses torched in democratic socities, where there's just no political or media avenues to pursue changes we want to see enacted. /s

Though, I don't want to leave this comment without saying that I do think the identity of the teen played a part in why he was shot and murdered with zero need and I hope justice eventually prevails.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies