Spark/IBNU for President/Vice President - Thanks for everything!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:57:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/IBNU for President/Vice President - Thanks for everything!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Spark/IBNU for President/Vice President - Thanks for everything!  (Read 1648 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2022, 09:09:42 PM »
« edited: June 08, 2022, 05:42:06 PM by Delegate Spark »

Statement on Criminal justice reform

Hello, Baton Rouge!

Today I would like to address criminal justice reform. As a Catholic, I am pro-life for the whole life. I believe in rehabilitative justice. If I am elected your next President I will work to reduce recidivism rates and non-violent incarceration rates. I am in beautiful Louisiana today because this is the state with the highest incarceration rate in our great nation.

I believe that rehabilitation is possible and that it is something that we should strive for so I will work with the new Congress to expand access to educational resources in prison. If prisoners have a chance to access religion, education, and job skills in prison, then they will represent a reduced recidivism risk when released and they may become individuals who will contribute to society, the nation, and their local communities.

I will also work to reduce non-violent incarceration rates as President because we have an over-incarceration problem in this country. Rehabilitation and punishment are the purposes of prison but we should pursue alternative sentencing for minor offenders, such as community service, counseling, etc.

Thank you, Baton Rouge!

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2022, 03:39:44 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2022, 10:46:50 AM by Delegate Spark »

DDNN presidential debate 1 - Opening Statement

My fellow Atlasians, it is a pleasure to be with you today. I'd like to thank Magmafeather for his willingness to host this debate. Atlasia is currently facing a litany of challenges from an activity crisis to a constitutional one. I am running to restore Atlasias promise for all citizens. For far too long, we've become content with the status quo and it is my job to tell you that we should not be satisfied. We need to continue striving forward and that means to not let bitter partisan divides separate us from a better future. I have three simple priorities for my administration.

If elected President, you know what to expect from me on day 1. To fix our economy and help it rebound, I will institute up to a 75% national grocery tax rebate, passing the Childcare Opportunity Act, cut taxes by 15% through the Atlasian Tax Cut and Economic Incentivization Act, and raise the number of earned income tax credits for our families. It is important for us to counteract inflation by taking the burden off our citizens. To account for this cost, I will contract out infrastructure services for the Republic. I plan to establish an additional cabinet position and councils to spur activity within Atlasia. Secondly, I will do all I can within my power to ensure that our activity levels increase exponentially. I ensure you that will happen under a Spark administration. We need to establish a bipartisan commission on fixing the activity crisis and solutions must come from all parties. Thirdly, we will appoint requisite personnel to all cabinet posts to ensure we have all hands on deck for running our federal government. There are many more ideas that I have to help reinvigorate our nation, as those are just a few.

My running mate for Vice President, IBNU, is a staunch fighter and advocate for Atlasia. He has served in a number of capacities and most recently as Secretary of State. He brings a litany of foreign policy experience. This couple with my domestic accomplishments make for a successful team. I look forward to debating all the issues here. My primary opponent, Joseph Cao, I believe is better suited in Congress. We cannot afford to have an inactive Congress especially during this inactivity crisis. Mr. Cao has had an impeccable legislative career and will continue to do well in that role if I am elected President. I have worked with Mr Cao and those on the opposite side of the aisle on countless occasions. I understand what it means to work with the other side for Atlasia's benefit and I plan to do that when I am President.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2022, 05:13:59 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2022, 05:42:31 PM by Delegate Spark »

Statement on a Potential Future Judicial Nomination

Atlasian Supreme Court, Nyman, D.C.

Hello, Nyman, and hello, Atlasia!

I believe that we have a fine Supreme Court that has been doing its job in interpreting the law of this country in an impartial way and most importantly, in standing up for our democratic republic and the rule of law in its hour of need. Should a vacancy present itself, I will appoint a pro-life, pro-religious freedom conservative judge to the Supreme Court who respects our democratic institutions.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2022, 10:46:17 AM »

Debate 1, Round 1 Responses

"All right, thank you. As a note, any other candidates observing are more than welcome to chime in at any time and rebuttals are welcome throughout":

Questions for All Candidates:

1. Lots of candidates talk about activity, but fail to deliver. Perhaps because of a general lack of care for the game, or perhaps because it is more pleasant to deal with an inactive legislature of supporters than an active legislature of opponents, many have ended up only managing the decline rather than actually making a difference. What assurances and evidence can you give the public that you actually still care about the game and will work to make it more reliably active?

I care about the game because I know about inactivity through experience. When a legislature is inactive, people are less inspired to make a change because it is akin to a stonewalled legislature. Nothing advances. We cannot afford that in Atlasia.

Mr. Cao alluded to the fact that him running Congress is like "day-care", I say that Congress is the most important vessel in our country and I won't hesitate to work with leaders in Congress to help advance the country forward. Mr. Cao seems non-chalant about his current office and I think a President Cao will contribute to an already declining game. Him gaining the nomination and becoming President will not solve the activity crisis, it will only make things worse because of a void left in Congress.

What we need to solve the activity crisis is encouragement of old players to rejoin the game and guide it while new users join. The new users need to work in tandem to make the game work for everybody. I have relationships with both new and old users alike and won't hesitate to bring this to fruition through issuing an executive order to reinvigorate this game. The executive order will involve creating a bi-partisan commission on activity of the Republic, and members will be from the public who are experienced as well as new users.

Regarding the question of avoidance of working with opponents, during my time in Congress, I did not hesitate to work across the aisle regarding many public policy issues. We cannot fix Atlasia alone, and it is foolish to believe that. As President, I plan to hear all sides of an issue and come to an effective and swift resolution. That's what a President does. I fear that partisanship in Atlasia will increase under presidencies of any of my opponents here today. In fact, two candidates are former presidents. We need to offer new, and bold solutions to make Atlasia work again. Let's move into the future and not back into the past.

2. COVID-19, while in a weakened state, remains a potential threat to Atlasia in the coming months. Do you believe our nation is currently mounting an effective response to the virus, and are there any additional measures, such as a vaccine mandate, that you believe should be enacted?

COVID-19 is still a real and existential threat, as it continues to claim the lives of many Atlasians. I trust science on the matter, and believe that we can eradicate this disease by encouraging masking and social distancing, as well as other proven scientific issues. Politicizing this issue will only stall our progress toward eliminating it. That being said, I do not support imposing mandates upon our citizens. That is up to them to decide. However, I do believe that the federal government should issue guidance based on public health recommendations to the regions and localities. Many are still hesitant to receive the vaccine, and establishing additional vaccine clinics in rural and remote areas is necessary to ensure all citizen can receive a vaccine if they intend to get one. A Spark administration will work together with regions to ensure every Atlasian has access to a COVID-19 vaccine.

3. Should the next administration seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban or enact other gun legislation? If not, how should we respond to mass shootings beyond offering our condolences?

Gun control, as we know, is a very sensitive topic. We continue to see tragedies mount day in and day out. More lives lost and nothing being done about it. The fact of the matter is our country has the most firearms accessible and the most deaths due to gun violence. I think we need to balance the constitutional rights and freedoms of our law-abiding citizens with gun control measures. Solving this crisis cannot just be done with more laws around guns.

The federal government needs to increase funding for mental health to community centers and social service agencies through substantial grants. Establishing a federal gun violence prevention program is wise. This program would bring together researchers and professionals from all over Atlasia together to devise solutions and use existing ones to combat this gun violence epidemic. The federal government can then use those solutions to resolve the crisis. I do support an AWB but only to ban high capacity magazines, and AR-style weapons. We need to be careful with blanket banning firearms due to the protections of the 2nd amendment, lest the right is not absolute.

4. In the event of a vacancy on the Supreme Court, what standards would you use in evaluating who to nominate? What weight would ideological consistency hold as compared to fitness for the role? Would you condition your decision on an agreement to vote against any current precedent of the court?

As I've said on my campaign thread, I will not use a litmus test for our next Supreme Court Justice. The justice must be qualified beyond measure regarding their record and familiarity with case law and precedent. Ideological consistency is important, but not the end all be all. Overall, a justice must be committed to the rule of law, fervent supporter of rights of the unborn, and someone who values and will protect religious freedom. I would not base my decision on overturning precedent in nominating a justice.

Question for Spark: In the October Election, you were emphatically rejected, receiving only the votes of yourself and your running mate. Why should voters go against that consensus now?

I believe that voters know they have a choice here. They have not elected a Federalist President since 2019. Voters desire change. We saw that in the midterm elections. Voters know I've learned from my past behaviors and have worked to improve relations with everyone in game. I can commit to them today that I will be a President for all Atlasians and work hard every day to ensure their lives will be better.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2022, 10:47:40 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2022, 05:42:40 PM by Delegate Spark »

Statement on Accountability in Fairfax, VA

Hello, Virginia!

If I am elected President, I will make a great effort to run an accountable, down-to-earth administration. As part of my effort to do this, I will be active in interacting with the White House press corps. I pledge to tell the public what we are doing and why we are doing it. I will engage with the public about what challenges we are facing and what roadblocks lie ahead as we strive to enact our agenda into law. As part of this pledge, I will also be holding a weekly address on the progress of our administration’s initiatives.

Thank you, Virginia, and God Bless!

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2022, 05:05:31 PM »

Presidential debate questions, Round 2

Questions, Round 2

1. The Neolib Administration has presided over an expansion to the presidential cabinet, namely the reinstation of the Secretary of Internal Affairs and separating the offices of SOFE and RG. Do you agree with these changes? If so, would you seek to further expand the cabinet by say adding back the national archivist or adding a deputy GM?

Yes, I am in support of these measures by the current administration. We need all hands on deck to run the federal government. I believe that the SOIA is a vital position that handles matters related to domestic policy. The President cannot do it all alone and it helps to have a cabinet that is active. I would look to expand the cabinet position even further adding the two positions mentioned, a national archivist and deputy GM to support existing offices. At times, the position of GM can be demanding, and having a deputy can offset that hefty workload.

I'd bring back the Secretary of Defense position via executive order to better inform me of foreign policy and military situations that require immediate action. The SoD will be influential in advising me regarding the status of potential military actions that Atlasian military would take. The SoD would consult with the Joint Chiefs of Staff and through deliberation, I could make better informed decisions. Under a Spark administration, the national security council will take a decisive role in my decision-making process regarding foreign affairs as well. Diplomacy will be my priority but I will not hesitate to use coercion to deter an adversary. As we've witnessed, things abroad have gotten out of hand and deteriorated quickly and we cannot afford indecision at this crucial point.

2. Was Politics Fan vs The South, which says there is a right to abortion in the Atlasian Constitution, correctly decided?

This is settled law. If elected President, we need to think realistically that amending the Constitution is very impractical, if not nearly impossible. That is not to say we should not try to amend the Constitution if the people demand it, but merely to change the language in the Constitution regarding this issue will not solve the problem in my view. We need to lessen the need to get an abortion procedure and discourage the practice by minimizing funding to abortion clinics. Planned Parenthood is an exemplification of this fact.

While PP does have family planning and other important services, abortion should not be funded by taxpayers. I am very firmly pro-life and an opponent of abortion, but we must be realistic. Putting women through dangerous procedures is as unjust as murdering a potential human being. I'm all for exceptions and in those cases, I am comfortable leaving it up to women and their doctors as well as the regions. I would not take measures to actively overturn existing precedent in the law, but I can say that I will fight against abortion through advocacy and restrict its funding.

3. Do you believe Atlasia is currently doing enough to fight climate change and develop renewable energy? If not, what additional measures would you enact?

Atlasia needs to be more vigilant against climate change as it affects all of us. Our planet is in a dire condition and this will only get worse if the government does not take action. Consider that the warming of Earth is found conclusively to worsen by anthropogenic means and fossil fuels will be exhausted by 2050.

We need to pivot toward renewable energy technologies such as wind, solar, hydro-power, and electric to supplement our existing ones such as natural gas and coal. It needs to be a gradual phase out and not an abrupt one that will totally disrupt those industries through structural unemployment. We need to understand that workers have livelihoods that should not be eradicated overnight. As a result, I have a plan that will put Atlasia on a path to energy independence by 2030. It involves reducing the cost of electricity by 1/3rd per household and installing countless electric charging stations at nearly every roadside. These are just the first steps of what we need to do to prepare for the future.

4. What reforms, if any, should Atlasia enact for its police force to help prevent events of "police brutality"? Is it appropriate to "defund" the police (figuratively or literally)?

Atlasia's police are definitely in need of reform. We must retrain police to shift away from weapons training and the propensity to use deadly force and more toward de-escalation training and mental fitness. Police are under a tremendous amount of stress while doing their jobs, and the government needs to do everything possible that police are acting with integrity to the fullest extent.

Police are in positions of authority and it is important for them to operate within the confines of the law. Often times, police will abuse their position using color of law to justify their actions. As a result, some police officers are punished less strictly than an ordinary citizen. We must hold police accountable for wrongdoing and establish a national police registry for misconduct to issue early terminations for officers who abuse their power.

Overall though we should not be "defunding" the police, as that will only exacerbate the problem and increase crime rates. Police departments need more funding, not less. Police must have the basic equipment, resources, and personnel necessary to deal with situations in a non-violent way unless the situation rises to deadly force. For example, unlawfully killing a mentally ill citizen with a knife is not an excuse for use of deadly force. Police departments need to have social service workers who are trained in a crisis to be deployed so that police do not experience a role overload.

I appreciate these questions.

- Spark

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2022, 05:08:50 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2022, 05:42:47 PM by Delegate Spark »

Statement on Past Personal Controversies in Salem, OR

Hello, Salem!

Today, I would like to talk about second chances. I have made some mistakes in the past and for those transgressions, I am deeply regretful. I have apologized for my past mistakes and I have strived to do better. I also have paid for my past actions through the criminal justice system. I have paid my debt to society and I hope I can earn your support in the presidential election this month on the basis of my experience, activity, platform, and my commitment to the Constitution and to renewing the Atlasian Dream.

This campaign is about equality, fairness, justice, equal opportunity, and success and innovation through economic competition. Let's all join in this campaign to create a successful nation that is on the move!

Thank you, Salem!

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2022, 02:33:44 PM »

Speech on Experience and Readiness to Serve in Carbondale, IL

Hello, Carbondale!

Let's talk about experience. Many of the candidates in the field have a great deal of experience in government and I have that also. I have the experience to be ready to serve on Day 1 of my presidency. I have an agenda and I have a plan. I also have a slate of prospective nominees ready to serve in this new government should we be elected.

In terms of my experience, I have served in the executive branch on the Domestic Policy Council under President Yankee. I have also served as a regional legislator in Lincoln and in the South. I am a proud Southerner but most importantly, a proud Atlasian, and my residency and governmental tenure in the South and Lincoln is a testament to that. I have experience in leading in the legislature such as when I served as Deputy and then Acting Speaker of the Chamber of Delegates. I also served as a Representative at-large under the previous Constitution. As a representative for all Atlasia, I have consistently worked to represent my constituents from every part of this country. This is a campaign for all Atlasians.

I have worked to reach out to the other side of the political aisle. I have once ran for President with a member of the Democratic Alliance and I am now running alongside the highly respectable IBNU, an Independent and former member of the DA. I also served as Leader of the Opposition in an effort to reach out across the aisle and I have been an Independent in the past.

Thank you, Carbondale, and I hope I can earn your vote in this election!

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2022, 07:21:33 PM »

Questions, Final Round:

1. Do you see our society as systemically racist? To what extent, if any, is it appropriate to teach "critical race theory" in schools? If so, define the term and how you would want it to be taught.

I believe that society is in vast need of reform. When people still unable to acquire mortgages due to their zip codes, and unarmed African Americans are gunned down on our streets, we know we have more work to do.

Critical theory race is based upon the fact that all American institutions are inherently racist. I don't think that critical race theory should be taught in our schools until at least high school when students are more able to effectively understand the legacy of racism throughout American history. There is a fine line between explanation and indoctrination and we want our students to come to determinations on their own. That requires a developed and independent mind. Younger children simply are not capable of that yet during that point in their development.

2. In light of the challenges faced by students during the COVID-19 pandemic, do you support any measures to forgive student loan debt? If so, how much would you forgive?

Yes, absolutely. Students faced wide ranging challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic from the social-emotional impact due to lack of effective social interactions to academic impacts of missing time in the school building. Students became overwhelmed with demands and the line between school and home responsibilities became blurred.

We need to aid our students during this time of transition and lift the burden for our older students. Cancelling student debt should be a national priority. The President is perfectly capable of cancelling  debt through executive order. Cancelling student debt will add at least $3 billion back into the economy, because consumers are forced to make decisions about their discretionary spending.

It is a matter of buying a new television or investing more in your retirement account rather than paying your student loan bill. I am in favor of immediately cancelling at least $10,000 per borrower upon taking office as the President of Atlasia, effectively $45 billion. I am open to cancelling more than this amount. As many of the benefits to the economy will be realized in years to come, it is important that we take this step to level the playing field for all citizens.

3. What focus, if any, would you put on expanding space exploration? Is it appropriate for us to be funding this while we are still running a deficit?

As previously stated, I will establish a space policy council upon taking office. The space policy council's purpose will be to investigate the feasibility of terra-forming technology for this century and the next. We need to be on the cutting edge of scientific research, technology, and innovation. I believe this is done best through the free market in Atlasia. I also expect the council to work on a manned mission to the Moon and Mars by the end of my second term.

Leading in space is essential if we want to continue our status as leaders of the world. Demilitarizing space is important and I see my administration working with our allies and adversaries alike to continue establishing space as an area that prohibits combat. Space is to be used for scientific research only. If warfare proliferates into space, it will be the greatest tragedy for humanity because space exploration benefits all of us. My administration will devise a treaty that reaffirms the commitment to nonviolence during space exploration, and mutual cooperation regarding scientific research.

4. Generally speaking, to work towards a balanced budget, should we be looking at tax increases, changes to entitlements, cuts to defense spending, or cuts to discretionary spending? Why?

A balanced budget is a noble goal in Atlasia and I will work to make that happen. The fact is, despite having a surplus now, difficult times call for difficult measures. We are still mired in a pandemic, and protecting a surplus is important. We need to look to cuts to discretionary spending areas such as foreign and defense aid. I will cut this up to 15%, as well as arms spending up to 20%. Then we must look to contracting out infrastructure services to reputable non-profit agencies. This will also save us billions in revenue. The federal government needs to encourage revenue-sharing between localities. Smaller localities can work together with larger ones and merge services to cut costs for their bottom line if acquiesced. This will reduce the burden upon the federal government and free up additional funding if necessary in an emergency.

I have plans for one of the largest middle class tax cuts in history through the Atlasian Tax Reduction and Economic Incentivization Act. This bill would cut taxes for the middle and lower tax brackets by between 15 and 25%. During these hard times, we need to put more money in the pockets of our citizens that are struggling due to inflationary pressures. I also have plans for a grocery tax rebate of up to 25% and tax credit incentives for companies to relocate to Atlasia. This will spur business confidence, and I plan to be the most pro-business President that Atlasia has ever seen.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2022, 07:33:07 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 07:37:27 AM by Delegate Spark »

Speech at the Democratic Alliance National Convention

Fort Walton Beach

Delegates, friends, and members of the Democratic Alliance, I come before you today to seek an endorsement for President of Atlasia. Rest assured, that under a Spark administration, the DA's interests will be represented fully and fairly. I will consider all viewpoints before making decisions. My running mate, the honorable IBNU, was a former member of the DA.

The future is at stake in this election and I am the most active and most committed candidate to repair the crises we face right now. I urge all of you to consider my candidacy.

Thank you.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2022, 09:07:55 AM »

Statement on Infrastructure in Cleveland, OH

Hello, Cleveland!

If I am elected your next President, I will work on contracting out infrastructure services to private companies and strengthening the transportation grid. In working to combat climate change and unemployment, I believe expanding and repairing existing infrastructure and public transportation should be a major goal for our country.

A better infrastructure and transportation system for Atlasia creates good-paying jobs across the country, encourages business and inter-state trade, and helps our environment as public transportation serves as a climate-conscious alternative to driving where it is a viable alternative to driving.

I would also like to stress that car-pooling, where public transportation remains insufficient, is a great cost-effective and climate-conscious alternative for those who are able to do so.

Thank you, Cleveland and God Bless!

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2022, 09:19:37 AM »

Statement on Kansas

Topeka, Kansas

My fellow Atlasians, protecting the sovereignty of the state of Kansas will remain a top priority in my administration. As we saw before, former President OBD trampled on the very rights of many Kansans. He placed our nation against itself. I can firmly affirm today that I will do all in my power to respect the right of Kansas as a soveriegn state to decide its own affairs. The Constitution of Atlasia succinctly states that Kansas is part of the Southern region. As a proud Southerner, I understand the tensions and witnessed them firsthand. A President's duty is to unite, not divide. I will bring people together to solve these tenuous issues on my first days in office.

I've worked side by side with former President Tmth, a native Kansan. Now, I seek to become the first elected Federalist since his election in 2019. We can do this together - to forge a better path ahead. A future devoid of any partisan rancor, rebellious sedition, or outright unjust actions. A moderate, pragmatic alternative to this divisiveness is the solution to our woes. I've watched countless people all over this nation struggle and suffer due to poorly thought out, self-centered decisions. That time is now behind us. I'll bring together people from all parties to form a multi-partisan band of solutions to our issues. That is what is most needed at this time.

We can do this.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2022, 11:17:45 AM »

June 11th, 2022

Spark for president: Really, what’s the worst that could happen?

The editorial board of THE ROSE FLAG has decided to endorse Southern Delegate Spark for president of Atlasia. While the policy positions of Spark and THE ROSE FLAG do clearly not align and few parts of Spark’s vision seem desirable, the editorial board is convinced that electing Spark president of the nation would reignite fierce policy debates, support political polarization, and help the formation of a united left-wing opposition against a most likely very ineffective head of government.
Spark’s lukewarm policies on economic issues will soon prove to be quite unsatisfying for all who truly want to overcome the exploitive capitalistic society, and his reactionary stances on social issues will galvanize a broad and passionate opposition. As Spark has very little support in the federalist party, the editorial board is fairly certain that few of his policies will be implemented into law. For us, Spark shall be a modern-day John Tyler– a figure estranged from the popular demands as well as of his own party. While it seems counter-intuitive for anyone who longs for the postmodern neo-Marxist revolution to finally arrive, the board is convinced that sometimes one has to take a step back to make a leap ahead. Sometimes, to ignite a fire, one needs a Spark.
The editorial board wishes the revolutionary communist ticket of MB well and endorses this ticket for second preference. The deafening silence of the revolutionary communist ticket on issues of social emancipation, however, leaves the editorial board unconvinced that the presidency of MB would be as transformative, as revolutionary as he claims to be. While MB is, policy-wise, the preferred choice (among the declared candidates), strategic concerns, in this case, outweigh the policy.
No vote should be given to a laborite, for obvious reasons.

Transgender youths are safe in Frémont.

As the Frémont Parliament debates a new data-protection bill introduced by the First Minister, a majority of members have indicated their support for a section that would protect the privacy of transgender youths from being disclosed to government authorities. Section Two of the Right to Privacy Act is an important measure in the fight against the marginalization of transgender citizens. This can be understood as a response to current proceedings in the South, where the legislature, amongst a ton of other, nonconsequential text, has, often without substantial debate, passed various social uniformity laws, assaulting various marginalized groups by promoting its faulty version of social cohesion. It remains to be observed how the region of Lincoln positions itself on these matters and whether its pathologically inactive legislature will take a neutral stance, knowing very well that in matters of marginalization: neutral equals hostile! The new sectional line is drawn by social issues. Future tensions are to be expected.

A Word from the Editor.

Tennery.”
- Amanda Huggenkiss, chief editor

Statement on Rose Flag Anti-endorsement

I would humbly like to thank the Rose Flag editorial board for their endorsement of this campaign. It means very much to me. During my administration, I plan to hear the ideas of Neo-Marxists, but that is not to say that they will be implemented. I believe I will not be John Tyler, but Abraham Lincoln, to bring Atlasia toward a more perfect union.

People know that I have sensible solutions to difficult problems. Let's forge ahead!

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2022, 08:39:54 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2022, 08:58:16 AM by Delegate Spark »

Statement on the State of the Race

Evansville, Indiana

Hello folks,

Today I would like to address one of my campaign opponents, former President MB. While I have no personal qualms with MB I feel that if he is elected to another term he would pull the country significantly to the left, to territory bordering on communism.

Mr. MB’s unabashed leftism and membership in the Revolutionary Communist Party suggests that he supports a hard-left economic agenda not favored by most Atlasians. Many other candidates in this race supported the actions of former President OBD, who I wholeheartedly condemn.

I believe the Atlasian people want a mixed economy system where you can create a business and succeed if you have a great idea for a product or service. I believe in a capitalist system with a social safety net to protect the poor, and the disabled, and to discourage unemployment and economic stagnation. I do not believe, however, in hard-left economic policy.

I encourage everyone to think carefully about the future of Atlasia and the kind of country we want to have when they go to vote this election.

Thank you.

- Spark
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2022, 08:49:28 AM »

The people of Atlasia won’t create/do business here if you win.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2022, 09:06:24 AM »

The people of Atlasia won’t create/do business here if you win.

Indeed they will. I will cut regulations so that it is easier to start a business. Lessen that red tape so it will make it easier for businesses to come here. I'm also looking into establishing those tax incentives of $500,000 for every business that relocates to Atlasia.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2022, 04:19:35 PM »

Speech on Party Unity

Summit, Utah

Hello folks,

I come before you to say that I will accept the results of the convention vote should I fall short in my effort to become the Federalist Party nominee for President.

I have every intention of winning this campaign for the Atlasian people and for realizing our vision for improving this nation. I believe that Senator Joseph Cao continuing to lead in the Senate and myself in the White House would make a great combination for Atlasia. However, I will accept the result of our party primary if Mr. Cao is victorious and I will do everything I can to ensure that he wins if he is nominated.

There will be no independent campaign in this election from me. Our party has to come together to win and we must also seek common solutions as we work to make a better Atlasia. If I am elected your next President, I will make every effort possible to reach out and have a national discourse, within our party and outside of it.

Thank you.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2022, 10:23:51 PM »

Statement on Critical Race Theory

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Hello, Minneapolis!

I believe in an Atlasia where all people are treated fairly and equally and where everyone can succeed.

I oppose critical race theory until high school. I believe that teaching critical race theory in elementary or middle school could be harmful to students who may be told that they have inherent privilege or that they or their ancestors are responsible for racism in the past and present. I believe, however, that high school students are mature enough to have a discussion about racism in the past and present and its causes.

Thank you, and God Bless!

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2022, 03:34:16 PM »

Statement on Education in Phoenix

Hello, Phoenix!

I strongly believe in the power of education to help people remake themselves, to change careers, to succeed even if their ancestors were not lucky enough to have that economic opportunity provided by educational access. As President, major priorities for my administration for education will be reduced class sizes, portfolio-based assessments, and shifting away from national standardized testing.

I believe that students should not be discarded because they are not great test takers. This is not the purpose of our educational system. I believe that students should be encouraged to learn how to think logically instead of to partake in pure rote memorization.

I also believe that higher education should be accessible and I will support legislation increasing college grants for low-income students as President.

Thank you, Phoenix, and thank you to all of the educators in the audience today!

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2022, 05:12:27 PM »

Debate Part 2, Round 1 Responses

First Round of Questions:

1. (From Really Super) Question for all candidates: If elected, will you recognize the independence of kō Hawaiʻi Pae ʻĀina, reaffirm the continuity of Hawaiian sovereignty and restore official Atlasian diplomatic recognition of the independent Hawaiian nation-state?

2. (From Reactionary) Given the dramatic increase in federal spending over the last year and the discovery that there is already a 100% on the rich is there a way to pay for the budget that doesnt involve tax increases on the middle class?

3. Do you support repealing the New Great Society Act, in part or in full? If you would repeal only part of it, specify what you would strike.

1. No, the Fremont region deems Hawaii as part of it as do I. Hawaii is part of Atlasia, but that doesn't mean we should disregard its history and heritage. By executive order, I pledge to establish National Hawaiian Heritage Weekend each year in the third week of May. This ensures a continuity of celebrations for Native Hawaiians and Hawaiian Americans.

2. Of course there is. We need to reduce spending substantially in the areas of foreign and defense aid. This will help to balance out the other aforementioned tax credits and tax cuts I plan to implement.

3. No, I do not plan to repeal any part of the New Great Society Act. I deem this legislation effective for providing for our most vulnerable, and it helps to stimulate the economy. However, we need to ensure that this program is managed soundly.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2022, 05:43:55 AM »

Statement on Federalist Convention

Hello everyone, voting has started at the Federalist Convention. I urge all Federalists to vote Spark/IBNU for a true change in Atlasia. I am very committed to solving all of the crises that our nation faces. The reason you should vote for me is because I am proactive, pragmatic, and bipartisan. I keep the interests of my party in mind and will find agreeable solutions to education, gun violence, criminal justice, among other areas.

I have been a Federalist since I began in this game back in 2016, when I won my first election to the Lincoln legislature. It would be an honor to represent the Federalist Party in this election. I believe I am the most active candidate in this race and will work in tandem with those in Congress to bring Atlasia forward. Together with my running mate IBNU, we are prepared to meet the international challenges of our time. I do hope that you consider voting for our campaign.

Thank you.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2022, 05:01:58 PM »

Statement on Immigration

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Hello, folks!

I believe that immigrants make our country stronger by contributing their ideas, their labor, and their dreams and initiative to our country. Everyone can become a productive member of American society and so many across the world dream the Atlasian dream in the hopes of coming here and contributing to our society.

I believe that the rule of law should be respected with regard to border security and that the immigration process should be made easier to discourage illegal immigration.

Thank you.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2022, 07:42:49 PM »

Statement on Federalist Nomination

Good evening, the results are in for the Federalist Convention and the party delegates have clearly spoken. I wish Mr. Cao all the best of luck in representing our party in this weekend's presidential election. We have a real chance to take back the White House for the people this time around. I endorse Joseph Cao fully for President of Atlasia and believe he will do a great job. Due to these results, I hereby withdraw from the race for President upon the final vote count of the convention. I also will not be running an independent bid and it is unclear if I will run for President again in the future.

I've done all I could in this primary and it appears that Federalist leaders feared my candidacy time and time again. That's because I am a populist and an independent thinker. Let's take our ideas in this campaign and continue to advocate for their implementation on a national scale. I plan to be a close advisor to Joseph Cao regarding many matters of policy. Today, I can also announce I will be running for at-large Senate. The nation needs us at this dire hour.

Thank you for everything.

- Spark
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2022, 09:36:06 PM »

I like that you had an active public campaign thread. Thank you for making the effort and good luck for the future.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies