Spark/IBNU for President/Vice President - Thanks for everything!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:26:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/IBNU for President/Vice President - Thanks for everything!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Spark/IBNU for President/Vice President - Thanks for everything!  (Read 1629 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2022, 05:53:54 PM »
« edited: June 15, 2022, 07:43:23 PM by Delegate Spark »

Spark498
Campaign Headquarters

Tampa Bay, Florida

Welcome to my HQ for all news related to my June 2022 presidential campaign.

Candidates

For President of Atlasia: Spark498 (Federalist, DPP - South)
For Vice President of Atlasia: IBNU (Independent - Fremont)

Announced candidacy: May 12
Seeking Federalist nomination: TBD
Election: June 17-20

Proposed Cabinet of the Republic of Atlasia:

President - Spark498

Vice President - IBNU

Secretary of State -  Mr. Reactionary

Secretary of Internal Affairs - WestMidlander

Secretary of Defense - Old School Republican

Attorney General - Reagente

National Security Council - Wulfric, Tea Party Hater, Mr. R, IBNU, Scott

Domestic Policy Council - WestMidlander, Reagente, AGA, PSOL, Tim Turner, Joseph Cao, Abdullah

Climate Planning Council - alancia

Space Policy Council - ReaganClinton, Louisville Thunder

Other posts:

Chief of Staff - DeadPrez

Deputy Chief of Staff - UlmerFudd

Press Secretary - WestMidlander

Comptroller General - lfromNJ

Game Moderator - Lumine

Deputy Game Moderator - Thumb21

Forum Coordinator - TimTurner

Debate Moderator - Wulfric

Registrar General - fhtagn

Secretary of Federal Elections - Muaddib

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 06:17:19 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:14:13 AM by Delegate Spark »

Presidential campaign announcement

Orlando, Florida

My fellow Atlasians, far and wide we have seen the calamities of those who do not have the best interest of our country in mind. I will work to restore relationships and trust in our government after what we have witnessed. President OBD was impeached by the Atlasian Congress and it necessitated his resignation. We cannot afford to go down this path of lawlessness and destruction. Fortunately, incumbent President UtahNeoLib may be able to chart Atlasia a better course. Alas, I remained concerned for this game's future. I am best positioned to succeed the current President and restore vitality to this game. I've served under many presidential administrations and have worked with each President since North Carolina Yankee in 2018. I've was a Senator and leader in Congress, a regional legislator for 6 terms, served on the Domestic Policy Council, and coordinated policy on multiple scales. Through these experiences, I am more than qualified to assume the office of President on day 1.

Over the next few weeks, I hope to continue rebuilding relationships with many across this game to regain their trust in me and in Atlasia. It is imperative for me to start the presidential term with a full and complete cabinet and I plan to appoint the most qualified individuals to key posts in our federal government.

The era of dishonesty and subversion must end. Our game has been suffering for far too long and I cannot stand on the sidelines watching this transpire. For those who may be concerned about a Spark candidacy, I assure you I respect my office and the people who vote for me. Former Secretary of State wxtransit said it himself, that I can fix this game and restore its activity. Party leaders know I am an independent thinker, but will heed advice and seek pragmatic solutions. I am a true moderate, and understand the worries of excess partisanship. This has led to dramatic and often unnecessary tension. We need to lower the temperature and come together as a nation. One people, for a better future. Atlasia is destined for greatness and we need to work to achieve that.

My resume and bio is below:

https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=Spark498

Campaign platform:

I have accomplished all of the above in my previous capacities. As President, I plan to uphold the rule of law, bring promise to every corner of Atlasia, root out injustice, and be a champion for our working people. Some of my plans if elected, include:

-Modernizing our transportation grid to enable rural Atlasians access to work
-Protecting the sanctity of life by introducing the Right to Life referendum to the regions' Constitutions.
-Provide ethanol subsidies to farmers in regions dependent on agriculture
-Establishing a carbon capture program by granting tax incentives for businesses while not raising taxes
-Reform our immigration system to enable for easier legal immigration while protecting our borders
-Negotiating trade deals to strengthen our auto and manufacturing sectors - Cars not Bars Agreement with Japan
-Investing in autonomous technologies by passing the Autonomous Vehicles Research Innovation Initiative - bringing top CEOs together from around the nation to research and develop new autonomous technology
-Establishing a national work transitory program for coal miners that are affected by automation
-Passing the Safe Schools Initiative to provide training to school safety personnel each month on responsiveness and preparedness training against active shooters
-Focusing on criminal justice reform and promoting federal training and advocacy programs for de-escalation training for police, committing to a federal national registry for police misconduct
-Supporting renewable energies such as wind, solar, and hydro-power while maintaining and expanding our offshore oil wells
-Establishing transitional services for workers, especially miners, to combat unemployment caused by impending automation
-Establish a 25% national grocery tax rebate as part of the ATCEI Act
-Pass a Union worker bill of rights by supporting unions' collective bargaining rights
-Expanding the federal highway system, modernizing our transportation grid
-Passing the Atlasian Tax Cut and Economic Incentivization Act to reform the tax code and reduce the income tax by 15% for middle and low earners
-Reduce energy costs by 25% for citizens in our regions by establishing a national energy authority to audit the regions electricity costs. Incentivize electric vehicle production by raising the national gas tax by 0.01%, raising $1 million in revenue.
-Cut defense and foreign aid spending by 25% and by contracting out infrastructure services to nonprofit agencies.
-Balance the federal budget, reaffirming a commitment to firm fiscal responsibility by redirecting social and foreign affairs spending
-Passing the Childcare Opportunity Act by doubling the childcare tax credit and increasing funding for childcare centers
-Revive and maintain the offices of Secretary of Internal Affairs and Secretary of Defense
-Appoint a Comptroller General to evaluate the federal government's fiscal accountability
-Create the Atlasian space council and appoint qualified members
-Declassifying reports concerning aliens and space exploration
-Mission to the moon by my second month in office and Mars by the final month in office
-Sanction our adversaries with tariffs in Eastern Asia for their subversive practices where appropriate while expanding trade with other nations. Chinese Tariff Resolution.
-Extend and expand mandatory minimum sentences for violent crimes, reduce sentencing for non-violent crimes
-Appoint conservative justices who respect religious freedom, the right to life.
-Regulate monopolies that comprise greater than 25% market share to protect consumers
-Provide a weekly address through the Press Corps to the public on key initiatives and progress.
-Working with our regional and local partners to aid in combating homelessness and vagrancy.

Best,

Spark
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 06:19:04 PM »

-Revive the offices of Secretary of Internal Affairs and Secretary of Defense
Wait so what job do I have? What am I doing? Who am I? AAAAAAA
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 06:22:06 PM »

I am indeed a former Secretary of State

I am also a current Secretary of State
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 06:24:05 PM »

-Revive and maintain the offices of Secretary of Internal Affairs and Secretary of Defense
Wait so what job do I have? What am I doing? Who am I? AAAAAAA

Fixed.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 06:35:52 PM »

The fifth constitution has been around for nearly a year dude
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 06:41:15 PM »

lol
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 07:02:22 PM »

Ah sh**t, here we go again.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 07:07:12 PM »

Did he copy the platform from the last time he ran?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2022, 07:07:48 PM »

Yes, I have similar priorities because the game is in a very similar state. I also plan to introduce new platform ideas.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2022, 07:19:47 PM »

When he first posted this it said that he was running in the October 2021 election; I think that answers you.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 07:20:06 PM »

the fact that spark copied his platform and forgot the office he was running for at first shows a lot

Find something better to do. I got work to do for this country.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2022, 07:29:16 PM »

we're srsly doin this again? lmao
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 08:28:11 PM »

the fact that spark copied his platform and forgot the office he was running for at first shows a lot

Find something better to do. I got work to do for this country.
Work to do like losing
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2022, 06:17:58 AM »

Endorsed for a high preference.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2022, 07:47:01 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2022, 07:52:01 PM by Southern Delegate Spark »

Transportation

Jacksonville, Florida

Hello Jacksonville! Our transportation hubs need to be upgraded now more than ever. Our rail-lines, bus routes, and stations are interconnected across the nation. That being said, it is important that our citizens be able to reach different places. I plan to make this happen if elected President. Not only am I proposing 100% of our rural areas having broadband access, I hope to increase the speed of our metro lines. We must reduce this congestion we are seeing in many areas.

Transportation is the hallmark of Atlasian prosperity. It provides a center for commerce, tourism, and to foster more employment opportunities. We will make that happen together.

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2022, 07:51:17 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:10:09 AM by Delegate Spark »

Right to Life

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hello everyone, I thought I would inform you of my position regarding abortion. It is my firm belief that life begins at conception. I am a strong proponent of the consistent life ethic. That does not mean that I will intertwine my religious beliefs and impose them on who I am governing.

I recognize that a separation of church and state exists in Atlasia. That is the reason I am in support of exceptions for rape, danger to the life of the mother or child, and incest. We must understand that there are current legal protections in place. The mother needs to make a decision that affects others and must understand the legal ramifications of such an action.

That being said, I will appoint justices to the Supreme Court of Atlasia that have the rights of the unborn in mind first and foremost. I support legislation like the Texas Heartbeat bill IRL and would work with each of the regions. I do not think it is the federal government's job to be interfering in the matter and think it is best left to the regions to decide on abortion. That means that I do not support a federal abortion ban. Let's work together to come to a solution of what works best for all.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2022, 07:54:23 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:10:24 AM by Delegate Spark »

Statement regarding Cabinet offices of the Republic of Atlasia

Louisville, Kentucky

Hello, I wanted to let you know of where I stand on cabinet offices in our nation. If elected President in June, I will maintain all cabinet offices in the Republic. I believe that President UtahNeolib reviving the Secretary of Internal Affairs position is prudent. We need additional cabinet offices for the government to run efficiently and effectively.

If elected President, I plan to maintain all current offices and re-establish the Secretary of Defense role. It is vital to our interests that we have a SoD to monitor ongoing situations abroad, especially the one with China. Our national security interests cannot only rest upon the National Security Council. The SoD can be influential in providing advice as to which strategic military steps can be taken and how to best provide for the common defense.

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2022, 07:57:44 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:10:42 AM by Delegate Spark »

Statement regarding Vice Presidential search

Teton, Wyoming

Hello my fellow Atlasians, I assure you that I am properly vetting at least 5 vice presidential candidates to stand for nomination at the Federalist convention. I can currently pledge to you that my vice president will be someone who is non-partisan and preferably a member of the Democratic Alliance. It is my utmost priority to ensure unity and integrity in office. Our vice president must serve with confidence, fidelity, and it must be a public official in which we can place our trust. My vice president will serve as a close confidant regarding all major decisions for our beloved nation. In addition, the vice president will need to stand in during my absence, which I do not anticipate to be often. My selection for vice president will be very soon but I do need to ensure that the candidate has gravitas, experience, and candor required for the position.

Of course, I will be accepted interested candidates via PM as well. Please reach out for the selection process if interested.

Thank you.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2022, 06:52:46 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:10:54 AM by Delegate Spark »

Nomination for Vice President

Fresno, California

Hello everyone, today I come before you with important news in my search for a vice presidential running-mate. I have the pleasure and honor of introducing former Secretary of State IBNU. Secretary IBNU has served under two former Presidents of Atlasia including SevenEleven and Scott. I chose to extend this nomination to IBNU because of his impeccable qualifications and that I want to show bipartisan unity for Atlasia.

With my running-mate being a former member of the Democratic Alliance and independent, it is important to put partisanship aside while running for the nation's highest office. IBNU has extensive foreign policy credentials and was instrumental in negotiating trade agreements with Canada. He understands the importance of maintaining important alliances and trading relationships with other nations including the sensitive situation with the PRC. As a former Senator, I had the privilege of questioning IBNU and I had no doubts regarding his ability to be a staunch advocate and thorough foreign policy expert.

It's time to put aside the quarreling and fight for something bigger and better in Atlasia. In tandem with IBNU's foreign policy experience, I can utilize my domestic experiences to improve the activity crisis and put more money put into the pockets of our families. We need to continue helping to improve the quality of life for our citizens and that is what I will do as President. IBNU understands this notion.

I believe we will be a tireless team for sending Atlasia to a better future.

Thank you.

Spark, candidate for President
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2022, 07:06:37 AM »

IBNU is an independent.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2022, 09:04:02 AM »

I am honoured by this nomination and gratefully accept, working with President Spark I will help provide the leadership that Atlasia desperately needs.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2022, 02:56:11 PM »

Glad someone finally answered your collect calls
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2022, 08:21:03 PM »

Autonomous Technology

Savannah, Georgia

Hello Georgia!

It is important that Atlasia invest in self-driving vehicle technologies to remain globally competitive for the future. If elected President, I would help to pass the Autonomous Vehicles Research Innovation Initiative. I'd bring top CEOs together from around the nation to research and develop new autonomous technology. Competition in the free market is what generates innovation in each industrial sector. It is my firm belief for industries to flourish, we must incentivize doing business right here in Atlasia. This is the reason I support tax breaks for companies to relocate in our regions.In addition, we must pay our workers a fair wage. I'd incrementally raise the minimum wage and adjust it to inflation each year.

Our businesses have been hit hard by the COVID pandemic but mark my words, they will come roaring back into Atlasia once I am President.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2022, 08:28:24 PM »

Nashville, Tennessee

Taxation and Budget

Hello Tennessee! Today, I come before you to speak more about my plan for taxes in the Republic. As President, I will work with the Congress to pass the Atlasian Tax Reduction and Economic Incentivization Act to reform the tax code and reduce the income tax by 25% for middle and low earners. This plan will include property tax abatements, at least $500,000 tax credit incentives for companies to relocate, and a 25% grocery tax rebate. I plan to pay for these cuts by reducing spending in a number of executive departments including the state department by cutting foreign aid by 15% and reducing arms spending by 20%.

We need to focus less on our affairs overseas and more on feeding our poor at home. I promise to you that I will be an ardent champion for our working poor. All people deserve to have a quality lifestyle and not be left on the sidelines by our government. We have too many people dying each day due to homelessness. The only way to eliminate this travesty is to properly fund initiatives for our regional and local communities via block grants and categorical grants to our nonprofits and community service agencies. As Senator and regional legislator, I worked to improve the quality of life for residents by introducing the FAST Act for job training programs. With inflation causing the cost of living to rise across the board, it has made basic necessities more expensive and less affordable. These actions will seek to lessen that burden.

-Spark
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies