Spark/IBNU for President/Vice President - Thanks for everything!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:12:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/IBNU for President/Vice President - Thanks for everything!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Spark/IBNU for President/Vice President - Thanks for everything!  (Read 1636 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2022, 08:41:41 PM »

Autonomous Technology

It is important that Atlasia invest in self-driving vehicle technologies to remain globally competitive for the future. If elected President, I would help to pass the Autonomous Vehicles Research Innovation Initiative. I'd bring top CEOs together from around the nation to research and develop new autonomous technology.

You sir, are are a threat to the long term job security and employment of those Atlasian battlers in the transport industry. I am glad to have protected these battlers futures from Utopian air headed dreams like this.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2022, 08:50:57 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2022, 08:54:18 PM by The Wizard of Dr. Oz »

Autonomous Technology

It is important that Atlasia invest in self-driving vehicle technologies to remain globally competitive for the future. If elected President, I would help to pass the Autonomous Vehicles Research Innovation Initiative. I'd bring top CEOs together from around the nation to research and develop new autonomous technology.

You sir, are are a threat to the long term job security and employment of those Atlasian battlers in the transport industry. I am glad to have protected these battlers futures from Utopian air headed dreams like this.

I support a free market and R&D for companies. For truckers and other transportation workers, I support transitional job training programs which I also plan to establish in my term as President. So these workers will not be left behind, nor will coal miners. Automation is inevitable, so we must prepare for it.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2022, 09:02:24 PM »

Townhall

Ask all questions related to my campaign and priorities! This townhall will run until Sunday, May 22 at 10 PM.

Thanks.

- Spark
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2022, 09:13:24 PM »

Autonomous Technology

I support a free market and R&D for companies. For truckers and other transportation workers, I support transitional job training programs which I also plan to establish in my term as President. So these workers will not be left behind, nor will coal miners. Automation is inevitable, so we must prepare for it.

By accelerating it?

What jobs are you looking to transition these workers to? What type of training programs are you looking to move them into to prepare them for those jobs? Are these jobs that will guarantee those workers the same pay rate or better than they were making in their previous fields?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2022, 09:48:25 PM »

Autonomous Technology

By accelerating it?

What jobs are you looking to transition these workers to? What type of training programs are you looking to move them into to prepare them for those jobs? Are these jobs that will guarantee those workers the same pay rate or better than they were making in their previous fields?

We need to transition these workers into technical and vocational fields like mechanics, operators, and warehouse workers. It is clear that truckers have a transferrable skill set to these positions and it won't cause a substantial job loss due to attrition in our economy.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2022, 09:57:24 PM »

Autonomous Technology

By accelerating it?

We need to transition these workers into technical and vocational fields like mechanics, operators, and warehouse workers. It is clear that truckers have a transferrable skill set to these positions and it won't cause a substantial job loss due to attrition in our economy.

Are you aware of the pay difference between a warehouse worker and a truck driver? You'd be forcing them to give up their jobs for a role that is significantly harsher on their body and for a significant pay cut.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2022, 05:07:38 AM »

Autonomous Technology

By accelerating it?

Are you aware of the pay difference between a warehouse worker and a truck driver? You'd be forcing them to give up their jobs for a role that is significantly harsher on their body and for a significant pay cut.

This is just one option. Workers can choose which of these fields to enter.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2022, 07:19:14 AM »

Autonomous Technology

By accelerating it?

Or you could just not replace their jobs with machines.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2022, 09:10:48 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:11:23 AM by Delegate Spark »

Trade deals

Mobile, Alabama

Hi everyone, this evening I come before you with yet another statement on trade policy. I believe it is in our fundamental best interest to have favorable outcomes for trade. However, our expectations must remain high and trade needs to be fair. I cannot stress that enough. For far too long, many countries took advantage of Atlasia with their "most favored nation" principle, when too many of these countries were already developed. This gave an unfair advantage to those nations, especially the People's Republic of China. China also manipulates its currency and it does not float. It pegs its currency, which provides yet another unfair advantage.

To mitigate this, we need to foster stronger relationships in East Asia and the Pacific. Under a Spark administration, you can count on me strengthening the trade relationship between Atlasia and Japan as well as South Korea. Japan imports many automobiles all over the world. I hope to implement a trade agreement with Japan that will augment trading terms to make them more favorable for us. For each Japanese car imported into Atlasia, Japan will need to purchase at least two Atlasian luxury goods. As President, I will ensure that our farmers are well compensated by exporting thousands of bales of grain, bushels of corn, and more to countries like Japan, and Mexico.

It is time for manipulative trade to end, and for prosperity in world trade to begin. This does not mean I would haphazardly slap tariffs on any nation, however, it does mean I am willing to stand up for Atlasia's interests abroad.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2022, 06:54:57 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:11:34 AM by Delegate Spark »

School safety

Raleigh, North Carolina

My fellow Atlasians, after what we have witnessed in recent days IRL this subject cannot be ignored any longer. Many on the left and right battle over gun laws and the extent of access to firearms.

I believe the 2nd amendment provides the right of individuals and law-abiding citizens to defend themselves from harm. I also believe the 2nd amendment guarantees this protection for citizens to hunt, shoot for sport, and stand their ground. In the event of a tyrannical government arising, it remains the right of the people to abolish that government.

We have witnessed countless numbers of school shootings as well as at malls, grocery stores, and theaters. Specifically, as it pertains to schools we must do much more to safeguard our children who must be our top priority. As President, I will prioritize passing the Safe Schools Initiative on my first day in office to provide training to school safety personnel each month on responsiveness and preparedness training against active shooters. I will also encourage regions and localities to fund initiatives within their schools to identify destructive and anti-social behaviors to quell these incidences before they happen. A Spark administration will work steadfastly with law enforcement agencies across Atlasia to investigate each tip in earnest to stop these mass acts of violence in their tracks.

It is time we put our children first and not lobbyists who have tremendous influence over our politicians. It is truly ruining our country and we must act now.

Together, we will forge ahead to a better and safer tomorrow.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2022, 07:33:23 PM »

Townhall

Ask me any questions!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2022, 07:52:36 PM »

1. Would you support the Southern Region bidding on the TVA when the federal government auctions it off?

2. Do you support the 18 bills currently pending in the South starting here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=427216.msg8605014#msg8605014
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2022, 09:29:45 PM »

Autonomous Technology

By accelerating it?

Or you could just not replace their jobs with machines.
Absurd, Progress demands that that we mechanize and improve productivity. Why should people work when robots could do it instead, increasing productivty and freeing up human potenial.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2022, 09:40:03 PM »

Why are you calling other candidates to drop out?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2022, 09:04:31 AM »

I am asking this question to all presidential candidates: if elected, will you uphold the tenets of the New Great Society Act?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2022, 09:12:25 AM »

1. Would you support the Southern Region bidding on the TVA when the federal government auctions it off?

2. Do you support the 18 bills currently pending in the South starting here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=427216.msg8605014#msg8605014

1. Yes, to both.
2. Absolutely, I support the majority of bills proposed by the leadership of our Chamber
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2022, 09:14:57 AM »

Because we need to unify in order to defeat Labor. Cao has already lost once in the race for President. It is only customary that the runner-up should be the nominee.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2022, 09:15:56 AM »

I am asking this question to all presidential candidates: if elected, will you uphold the tenets of the New Great Society Act?

Yes, I will. I plan to manage this program responsibly and make sure it functions soundly.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2022, 04:44:54 PM »

Request for public debate

I hereby request a public debate between myself and the other presidential candidates to provide the people with transparency regarding our differing positions on the issues. I prefer Magmafeather (Wulfric) to host but I welcome others as well.

A vice presidential debate is welcome as well.

Here's to a better nation.

- Spark

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2022, 04:49:57 PM »

Because we need to unify in order to defeat Labor. Cao has already lost once in the race for President. It is only customary that the runner-up should be the nominee.
The runner up is MB who is running but ok.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2022, 04:57:30 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:11:51 AM by Delegate Spark »

Statement on the Great Society Act

Danville, Indiana

Former President Scott had a great question if I would preserve the New Great Society. My answer is a firm yes. I believe this program is not only valuable but important for our most vulnerable citizens. I will ensure that this program does not become mismanaged or cut entirely. I pledge to you we will protect social security and expand educational access across the nation where possible. I will encourage substantial block grants to the states for education. Without our children being educated, there is no future.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2022, 09:19:45 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:12:02 AM by Delegate Spark »

Statement on activity within Atlasia

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

If elected President, I will establish a bi-partisan commission to aid activity within the game. One of the members on said commission will include the Game Moderator, members of the Domestic policy council, and others as necessary and permitted by law. I believe that we can come to a timely agreement on how to best move forward in Atlasia.

We need to make it easier for new users to register within the game but at the same time warding off zombies who try to influence elections. As you know, as Southern delegate and Senator I was a fierce advocate for preventing unlawful interference in our elections. Many registered a day or two before an election and voted simply to influence the outcome. As a result of my past mistakes, I made it a point to respect the integrity of elections while in office by supporting the bill to change the registration window.

Recruiting from Discord should be encouraged after users go through the requisite registration process. This is how to spur new activity within the game. We must incentivize those new users to bring others that they know onto the platform who are interested in politics. This should go hand in hand with NPC elections. Expansion of this engine is useful in creating interest and excitement within the game.

Best,

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2022, 09:38:59 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:12:13 AM by Delegate Spark »

Space exploration

Greenwich, Connecticut

As we know being on the cutting edge of science and research and development is essential for our prosperity and competitiveness on the global stage. If elected President, I will establish the Atlasian space council. The mission of the space council will be to investigate how Atlasia can best plan for scientific exploration pertaining to a mission to the moon and Mars by my second month in office.

I will also direct the space council to focus on advising the Secretary of Defense against domestic, foreign, and intergalactic threats. The council would begin research on developing technologies for terra forming planets for habitation. We need to think beyond our planet in case it is unable to be saved. We, as a nation, can only control our affairs, however, that does not mean we should not work with global partners in order to reduce carbon emissions.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2022, 09:59:24 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:12:24 AM by Delegate Spark »

Statement on Joseph Cao's candidacy

Peoria, Illinois

My fellow Atlasians, we must all recognize and commend Senator and President Pro Tempore Joseph Cao for his dedication and hard work. As you know, Senator Cao and I are running for the Federalist nomination because we both believe in the promise of this nation and to make it better. I believe I am a pragmatic, reliable, and consistent voice for you.

It would be better, in my view, for Senator Cao to remain in Congress as I know he will be an important partner for me during my administration. We can pass bills that are in favor with the Federalist Party. I will also reach out to Vice President Scott about his insight for the left as well as the center with the Democratic Alliance. I want voters to know that all parties will be represented at the table in a Spark administration. My fear is that under Cao we may devolve into even more of a partisan divide and even more inactivity as a result.

Again, Senator Cao has my utmost respect and I wish him well in this race.

- Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2022, 07:48:50 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2022, 09:12:32 AM by Delegate Spark »

Statement on wxTransit's deregistration

Waco, Texas

My fellow Atlasians, it is with an uneasy mind that I comment on Transit's deregistration from the game. Transit served honorably and was a dignified Secretary of State for a number of years. He put the best interests of our nation first. His presence will be missed in the game greatly, and I do wish him well on the future.

As a result of this news, I am happy to announce some major news of my own that I've applied to be the nation's next secretary of state through my own accord. It is what the nation needs. If selected, I will withdraw my candidacy for President to help Atlasia during this transitory period. I believe I am more than qualified for the role and that the position is vital to Atlasia's affairs abroad. We face many growing threats outside of our borders and need to safeguard the nation during this time.

- Spark
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies