SB 109-05: RETCON Act (Veto Overridden) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:31:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 109-05: RETCON Act (Veto Overridden) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 109-05: RETCON Act (Veto Overridden)  (Read 1730 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: May 18, 2022, 03:17:41 AM »

Thus far it hasn't been formally possible to retcon what the GM has stated (not post-reset anyway, some GM's who went too far pre-reset were arguably ignored, Yankee probably remembers this better than I). It has made sense in so far as we've had reliable GM's or people who, while not perfect, maintain at least a semblance of impartiality or a desire to remain at least somewhat realistic.

Crane could certainly have gone much further than he did and, should this become law, there's only one specific point I'd raise before the Senate for their approval. Nonetheless, I think the precedent sent for a GM being part of a conspiracy and/or destructive effort - we can quibble about the specifics, the general principle is what matters - showcases why absoute power poses a potential issue for the future. Normally a GM that would go rogue would not be confirmed in the first place, but you never know.

I can outline similar thoughts in a more detailed fashion, but without wanting to introduce too much in Senate debate, I think this is a useful safeguard in the short term, at least until the Game Engine is reformed. I'd certainly prefer a context in which a future and firm consensus can repair damage caused by any successor in this office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies