Which race are Republicans more likely to win, PA-GOV or MI-GOV?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:14:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which race are Republicans more likely to win, PA-GOV or MI-GOV?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Well?
PA-GOV

MI-GOV

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Which race are Republicans more likely to win, PA-GOV or MI-GOV?  (Read 2073 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2022, 01:20:55 PM »

I’d say MI, but narrowly.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 03:10:52 PM »

MI and its not even close. I think GOP wins both though
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 03:26:33 PM »

MI and its not even close. I think GOP wins both though
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 03:27:36 PM »

PA, bite me.

They're both pretty similar, but Josh Shapiro is the single most overrated candidate this cycle thus far. He's a very partisan Dem who has very little demonstrated crossover appeal, overperforming Biden by 3 against a poorly known opponent. In addition, Tom Wolf is even more unpopular than Whitmer is right now, and he's served alongside him and has to defend his record. It's just not realistic to think he's going to do much better than Whitmer.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 03:40:34 PM »

PA, bite me.

They're both pretty similar, but Josh Shapiro is the single most overrated candidate this cycle thus far. He's a very partisan Dem who has very little demonstrated crossover appeal, overperforming Biden by 3 against a poorly known opponent. In addition, Tom Wolf is even more unpopular than Whitmer is right now, and he's served alongside him and has to defend his record. It's just not realistic to think he's going to do much better than Whitmer.
I agree Shapiro is overrated but Craig is easily one of the strongest recruits of the cycle. Hes a former Democrat and could use that card to appeal to traditionally d but r trending groups. With his sheriff background,  he can beat his chest about law and order in a climate where crime is high. Mastriano on the other hand is a dreadful candidate. Lake, Masters, Oz can say they are political outsiders because they weren't in elected office before, Mastriano can't do that. Hes got the worst elements of Lake,, Laxalt etc.. with few of the positives. Other than being a veteran he's got nothing. Also, every other Democrat on the ticket in PA underperformed Biden to the point they lost, so I don't think you can dismiss Shapiro overperforming Biden in a year where Generic D did worse in most places.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 06:42:27 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2022, 06:45:40 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Neither, the ME poll in conjunction with GCB shows were gonna hold the 278 or 303 blue wall, we're up by Three by Political Tracking on GCB and Biden is tracking 45/50 we won 50/45 anyways but Turnout may be high 135 K which means wave insurance, partisan trends in IA and OH aren't the same as in Prez because Trump voters don't come out like they do in Prez Election they turned out in VA but didn't turnout in Cali recall Steve Konraki said so

We have beaten Rs on the GCB in every Election except for 2010/14 and 2010 was 11 percent unemployment

I don't know why Rs think they're the majority last time it was 80/75 M, D's are the Majority

We dominate every state except Mnt W and FL and TX
Shapiro is our strongest recruit aside from Mark Kelly
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 07:26:20 PM »

PA, bite me.

It's not that Shapiro is strong but that Mastriano is an insane extremist. With the suburban-heavy environment midterms usually are, that could be a tough sell.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 12:29:36 AM »

Craig is not guaranteed to be the R nominee in MI. He’s not a shoo-in for the Trump endorsement and his momentum has been fading recently.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2022, 12:34:39 AM »

Both are Safe D because Craig and Mastriano are unelectable extremists. Republicans are much more likely to hold MD-GOV if they nominate a reasonable moderate.
Craig isn't an extremist LMAO. He's a Generic R
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2022, 08:27:59 AM »

Both are Safe D because Craig and Mastriano are unelectable extremists. Republicans are much more likely to hold MD-GOV if they nominate a reasonable moderate.
Craig isn't an extremist LMAO. He's a Generic R
Is your sarcasm detector not working?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2022, 08:46:44 AM »

PA, bite me.

This isn't true at all, but okay.

And Heidelbaugh was the same level as Garrity, and Garrity still won. Both were awful candidates, Garrity was even more fringe than Heidelbaugh was. Shapiro got more votes than Joe Biden did in PA. You sound bitter.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2022, 10:58:04 AM »

PA, bite me.

This isn't true at all, but okay.

And Heidelbaugh was the same level as Garrity, and Garrity still won. Both were awful candidates, Garrity was even more fringe than Heidelbaugh was. Shapiro got more votes than Joe Biden did in PA. You sound bitter.

Not to mention he definitely has more crossover appeal than Doug Mastriano lol. It’s Michigan by a long shot. I think PA will be tough for the GOP no matter what, but MI is 50/50 at worst for them.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2022, 11:02:50 AM »

Craig is not guaranteed to be the R nominee in MI. He’s not a shoo-in for the Trump endorsement and his momentum has been fading recently.
I did notice that. I still think he will win the primary though. I don't think Trump endorses in this race
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2022, 10:18:12 AM »

Bumping this — curious to see how results might change now that we have a better idea of the nominees and more polling. Right now, the results of the poll are 70.4% (19 votes) for MI and 29.6% (8 votes) for PA.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2022, 10:20:04 AM »

Neither will
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2022, 10:45:48 AM »

I would say PA slightly, bc Whitmer gets a few extra points for incumbent advantage. Shapiro is kind of like an incumbent, but Whitmer has extra strength due to being the official I.

Mastriano is among the worst, but Kelley is pretty damn close (and Dixon not much better)
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 10:24:30 PM »

Switched my vote from Michigan to Pennsylvania.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2022, 10:31:44 PM »

Pennsylvania. Shapiro while solid doesn't seem like a particuarly great candidate and while Mastriano has his fair share of problems, we've seem Republicans like this still do ok if not outperform electorally, heck, just look at Scott Perry.

Michigan is slightly bluer as a baseline, Whitmer seems to be genuinely "popular" or at least relatively well liked as an incumbent, and the GOP primary so far has been a complete mess. Also, there's the abortion question on the ballot in Michigan. For all of those who argue the whole abortion thing favors Dems, wouldn't it favor them more strongly in a state like MI where it's directly on the ballot and where there is clearly a lot of enthusiasm backing it.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 08:13:10 AM »

Pennsylvania. Shapiro while solid doesn't seem like a particuarly great candidate and while Mastriano has his fair share of problems, we've seem Republicans like this still do ok if not outperform electorally, heck, just look at Scott Perry.

Michigan is slightly bluer as a baseline, Whitmer seems to be genuinely "popular" or at least relatively well liked as an incumbent, and the GOP primary so far has been a complete mess. Also, there's the abortion question on the ballot in Michigan. For all of those who argue the whole abortion thing favors Dems, wouldn't it favor them more strongly in a state like MI where it's directly on the ballot and where there is clearly a lot of enthusiasm backing it.

He won PA by 5 in 2020 when Biden won by 1 and the two other Ds lost.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 10:14:06 AM »

He won PA by 5 in 2020 when Biden won by 1 and the two other Ds lost.

He was an incumbent running against a nobody though. Idk how much of that overperformance is actually because of him rather than the greater circumstances around that race.

Also decent chunks of his overperformance seemed like residual down ballot lag.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2022, 08:12:49 PM »

With Craig out of the race in MI, I’d say PA now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2022, 08:57:14 PM »

Mastriano is Losing in PA too
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2022, 09:37:02 PM »

Mastriano IMO hasn't actually ran a particularly bad campaign, and also doesn't have to run against an incumbent. He's more likely to win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2022, 09:41:14 PM »

Mastriano IMO hasn't actually ran a particularly bad campaign, and also doesn't have to run against an incumbent. He's more likely to win.

He's losing ANYWAYS
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2022, 09:50:57 PM »

Definitely PA right now, although both nominees may turn out to be January 6thers.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies