Would George Washington made it to the year 1800 with today’s health care? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:05:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Would George Washington made it to the year 1800 with today’s health care? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would he if the doctors weren’t so incompetent?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Would George Washington made it to the year 1800 with today’s health care?  (Read 1289 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 10, 2022, 01:44:54 PM »

I wonder if he would have publicly supported Adams had he lived, so that he would have been re-elected in 1800. But then again, Hamilton was against Adams at this point, so Washington might have been also.

Washington would not have picked sides one way or another. He'd have stayed out of it.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 08:55:16 PM »

I wonder if he would have publicly supported Adams had he lived, so that he would have been re-elected in 1800. But then again, Hamilton was against Adams at this point, so Washington might have been also.

Washington would not have picked sides one way or another. He'd have stayed out of it.
This is incorrect. For all his talk about nonpartisanship, Washington had become quite the Federalist partisan by the end of his life. He spent his last couple years trying to use his influence for the benefit of various Federalist candidates, and he and Jefferson were not on speaking terms at the end of his life.

I do know he joined the Federalists during his presidency, but I was always under the impression that he generally lamented partisanship and was fairly moderate and pragmatic. Most certainly I was unaware of the bolded - that he and Jefferson had a rocky relationship later on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies