SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:06:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 113
Author Topic: SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)  (Read 102660 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2325 on: July 14, 2022, 11:55:49 AM »

Your attempt to frame anti-immigration views as the true socially progressive answer would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Nobody is buying it.
Answer this directly - how do American blacks and gays directly benefit from importing more foreigners?
Many of the former are the latter.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2326 on: July 14, 2022, 12:37:03 PM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2327 on: July 14, 2022, 12:37:22 PM »

Your attempt to frame anti-immigration views as the true socially progressive answer would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Nobody is buying it.
Answer this directly - how do American blacks and gays directly benefit from importing more foreigners?

The gain more from immigration than a nation adopting right wing nativism. Because that ideology never comes alone.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #2328 on: July 14, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »

The gain more from immigration than a nation adopting right wing nativism. Because that ideology never comes alone.
So you admit they don't gain from importing foreigners. Thanks for clarifying.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2329 on: July 14, 2022, 12:44:58 PM »

Please stop derailing this thread.  Take the immigration discussion elsewhere.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2330 on: July 14, 2022, 01:00:24 PM »

So you admit they don't gain from importing foreigners. Thanks for clarifying.

I said exactly the opposite.

Please stop derailing this thread.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #2331 on: July 14, 2022, 01:14:24 PM »

This is where we're at this country now:

Jim Bopp, an Indiana lawyer who authored the model legislation in advance of the Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade, told POLITICO on Thursday that his law only provides exceptions when the pregnant person’s life is in danger.

“She would have had the baby, and as many women who have had babies as a result of rape, we would hope that she would understand the reason and ultimately the benefit of having the child,” Bopp said in a phone interview on Thursday.

This is disgusting. And apparently a 10-year-old child is a woman too.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2332 on: July 14, 2022, 01:31:33 PM »

This is where we're at this country now:

Jim Bopp, an Indiana lawyer who authored the model legislation in advance of the Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade, told POLITICO on Thursday that his law only provides exceptions when the pregnant person’s life is in danger.

“She would have had the baby, and as many women who have had babies as a result of rape, we would hope that she would understand the reason and ultimately the benefit of having the child,” Bopp said in a phone interview on Thursday.

This is disgusting. And apparently a 10-year-old child is a woman too.

But see, the Democrats are sexualizing kids by…having men wear dresses at the library!
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #2333 on: July 14, 2022, 02:16:49 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2022, 02:31:14 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

It's incredibly difficult to imagine how the Republican Party manages to avoid taking massive electoral losses in the future if this continues to be the optics of the pro-life movement and their elected representatives. It may not manifest during this midterm, but it's almost certainly coming down the line if the party doesn't get their extremist ideologues under control.

This kind of messaging and draconian policy framework completely undercuts the Republican's core message of being the party of liberty and portrays them as an intrusive, overreaching party of authoritarian religious zealots that want to force women to have rape babies under the mandate of the state and deny access to life-saving medication and procedures under the theoretical possibility they could induce abortions.

The pro-life movement is biting off way more than it can chew.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2334 on: July 14, 2022, 02:40:16 PM »

1. Referring to immigration as "importing foreigners" is xenophobic, Great Replacement language and you should stop using it.

2. They benefit from immigration the same way that everyone benefits from immigration - it's beneficial for the economy, and cultural diversity is a positive in and of itself.

3. The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that immigration puts "blacks and gays" at risk.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2335 on: July 14, 2022, 02:48:19 PM »

Until white social conservatism starts to merge with less savory parts of middle eastern tradition into a nasty, extremely homophobic entity. See George Galloway for example.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2336 on: July 14, 2022, 03:33:03 PM »

Until white social conservatism starts to merge with less savory parts of middle eastern tradition into a nasty, extremely homophobic entity. See George Galloway for example.

I mean, on many objectives, Bible Belt states have more in common legally and culturally with Semitic and Indo-Iranian Muslim states than European Christian ones.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2337 on: July 14, 2022, 03:35:13 PM »

I mean, on many objectives, Bible Belt states have more in common legally and culturally with Semitic and Indo-Iranian Muslim states than European Christian ones.

Most certainly, and in 10 years when the Boomers are gone and 9/11 an even more distant memory, they will begin to collaborate more openly.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2338 on: July 14, 2022, 04:43:19 PM »

Most certainly, and in 10 years when the Boomers are gone and 9/11 an even more distant memory, they will begin to collaborate more openly.
Trump’s foreign policy did tip the hand a little bit about the orcs eventually openly cooperating against civilization.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2339 on: July 14, 2022, 09:47:06 PM »

its a real shame the republicans became such big govt commies over the last few years, wtf happened
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2340 on: July 15, 2022, 03:30:58 PM »

Honestly, I will probably vote for and donate to democrats in the fall. I'm not happy with this. I am consistent and steadfast in my belief that America is overpopulated. The fact that republicans want more people in this country is not great. I oppose immigration, but I also oppose a high birthrate.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2341 on: July 15, 2022, 05:37:44 PM »

Honestly, I will probably vote for and donate to democrats in the fall. I'm not happy with this. I am consistent and steadfast in my belief that America is overpopulated. The fact that republicans want more people in this country is not great. I oppose immigration, but I also oppose a high birthrate.

I've never felt so mixed in reaction to anything as much as this post. Yay?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2342 on: July 15, 2022, 05:45:49 PM »

If you feel the U.S. is overpopulated, there are several very nice industrialized countries with lower population densities.  Perhaps you should consider emigrating.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2343 on: July 15, 2022, 06:04:36 PM »

If you feel the U.S. is overpopulated, there are several very nice industrialized countries with lower population densities.  Perhaps you should consider emigrating.
I love America and every single person already here, even illegals. I just don't want anymore here. Either imported or generated stock.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2344 on: July 15, 2022, 08:02:09 PM »

If you feel the U.S. is overpopulated, there are several very nice industrialized countries with lower population densities.  Perhaps you should consider emigrating.
I love America and every single person already here, even illegals. I just don't want anymore here. Either imported or generated stock.

Please don't refer to human brings as 'stock'. They are not animals.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2345 on: July 15, 2022, 08:08:14 PM »

This is a rather silly objection. 'Stock' has been used without implicitly referring to the humans as animals, in the English language, going back centuries.
Anyway, this thread is not mainly about immigration...please keep that in mind, y'all.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #2346 on: July 15, 2022, 08:43:15 PM »

An example: For several years, the public schools in Youngstown, Ohio, were showing creationist videos produced by the Turkish Moslem creationist and conspiracy theorist Harun Yahya (real name: Adnan Oktar).   

https://vindyarchives.com/news/2016/may/20/city-schools-creationism-video-raises-qu/

And Turkish creationism started in the 1990's when expatriate Turks started sending materials from the (American) Institute for Creation Research back home.  The ICR reported on this themselves, and did not mind at all.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2347 on: July 16, 2022, 12:39:37 PM »

The Mask came off
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2348 on: July 16, 2022, 01:17:23 PM »

America doesn't need any more foreigners. It also doesn't need any more babies. Stop importing foreigners. Stop manufacturing mouths.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2349 on: July 16, 2022, 01:30:15 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 113  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies