WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:02:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All  (Read 23316 times)
Spectator
United States

« on: January 28, 2023, 12:33:14 AM »

This race wouldn’t be particularly close with Justice, but the idea that Republicans need Justice in order for this not to be close or particularly competitive is obviously ludicrous. Daines has already indicated that Manchin (along with Brown and Tester) is going to be nuked throughout 2023 with negative ads defining him before he can reinvent himself just in time for the election. The key to winning this race is driving down Manchin's favorables among Rs/Is, and if they manage to do that, any Republican will be favored in what will be a R+40 state.

Honestly not sure which red state Democrat is most overrated at this point.

Yes, my take is that a Democrat is more likely to beat Ted Cruz than that any of the three red state Dems win again.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 10:35:01 AM »

I don’t think Collins and Murkowski are the type of Republicans you brag about endorsing you in a state like WV.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 11:58:34 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/data.php?year=2020&fips=8&f=0&off=0&elect=0&def=tnd&datatype=county
Spectator
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 10:18:08 AM »

Justice is probably the best Republican that Democrats could hope for here in a state where it’s an auto-flip no matter who the nominees are.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023, 05:51:11 PM »

Justice is probably the best Republican that Democrats could hope for here in a state where it’s an auto-flip no matter who the nominees are.

This is mostly just liberal cope. Justice (if he runs) is going to be a reliable vote for the national GOP's agenda, replacing a Senator who always blocked the national GOP's agenda/enabled Democratic priorities when his vote was needed and pushing the GOP one seat closer to a majority.

Whether Justice is less "outspoken" than other Republican candidates would be is completely irrelevant. It’s his vote that counts.

No, Justice has remained relatively pro gay rights, for instance. If a future Republican trifecta tries to take those away (likely) better him than Mooney or one of the other crackheads.

How Justice would vote on a bill chipping away at gay marriage rights is about as relevant as entertaining how he’d vote on a bill that would end all wars. 

Justice is a reliable vote against Schumer, Manchin is (and has always been) a reliable vote for Schumer, and that’s really all there’s to it. For Democrats, there is no upside to Justice being the Republican nominee here.

Obviously he’d be a reliable vote for McConnell. He’d also be much more likely than Mooney to split on 2% of thing so. Justice is the kind of person that would occasionally break ranks, much like Portman, Burr, and Toomey often did.

It speaks to the stupidity of the NRSC that they feel the need to “recruit” Justice into the Senate race when any Republican would get the job done.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 01:18:14 PM »

I will not stop laughing if Manchin somehow underperforms Biden because a lack of D enthusiasm. It would be a fitting end and apt punishment for him blocking so much.

He’s been DOA since his November 7, 2018. You’d think he would’ve been smart enough to sense that this was his last term no matter what and start voting like he represented San Francisco.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 10:59:26 AM »

What a sad end to a career. He might set the new record for an incumbent losing in the modern era.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2023, 06:59:04 AM »

Has Jim gained even more weight since he was elected in 2016? I stopped paying attention to him in 2017 after he switched back to Republican.

Obviously I've always known him to be huge, but nowadays -- highlighted by the Kilmeade interview -- he appears flat out massive.

Same, I knew he was heavier, but I was shocked when I saw how obese he was in the Fox News video.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies