WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:34:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All  (Read 23780 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: January 13, 2023, 03:41:24 PM »

Hot take: With Justice running, there’s a serious chance Manchin does worse than Blanche and he could possibly top Wesley Jones’ 1932 defeat if he stays in, and I think Manchin knows that. I expect he retires if/when Justice makes it official.

What's up with all these septuagenarians running to become freshmen senators?

In this case, I suspect it’s a consequence of the rivalry Manchin+Justice developed shortly after Justice’s party switch.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 09:52:25 PM »

This race wouldn’t be particularly close with Justice, but the idea that Republicans need Justice in order for this not to be close or particularly competitive is obviously ludicrous. Daines has already indicated that Manchin (along with Brown and Tester) is going to be nuked throughout 2023 with negative ads defining him before he can reinvent himself just in time for the election. The key to winning this race is driving down Manchin's favorables among Rs/Is, and if they manage to do that, any Republican will be favored in what will be a R+40 state.

Honestly not sure which red state Democrat is most overrated at this point.

I agree that all three are pretty overrated and I think Democrats are setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think we have a reasonable chance of holding the Senate next year. I think Brown is the most overrated honestly since everyone seems to think he's in a Tossup race which is such a dumb idea given how well Vance did against a candidate almost as good as Brown, and the fact that the Republican nominee is very likely going to be a far better candidate than Vance.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 03:37:37 PM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 01:45:36 AM »

Honestly not sure which red state Democrat is most overrated at this point.

I agree that all three are pretty overrated and I think Democrats are setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think we have a reasonable chance of holding the Senate next year.

I thought that 2022 would have taught us to avoid making these sorts of extremely confident predictions, but alas...

It is not extremely confident to say that “I think Democrats have a pretty uphill battle to hold the Senate” next year. All of the evidence points that way, also after 2016+2020, I thought that people would give up on the Bloomerism.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 01:13:08 PM »

I will not stop laughing if Manchin somehow underperforms Biden because a lack of D enthusiasm. It would be a fitting end and apt punishment for him blocking so much.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 01:22:02 PM »

I will not stop laughing if Manchin somehow underperforms Biden because a lack of D enthusiasm. It would be a fitting end and apt punishment for him blocking so much.

He’s been DOA since his November 7, 2018. You’d think he would’ve been smart enough to sense that this was his last term no matter what and start voting like he represented San Francisco.

This has been obvious to every American other than Joe Manchin, one wonders if he is just dumb or delusional or both.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 09:36:54 PM »

Joe Manchin has resorted to trashing his own bill. As the comments make note of, the obvious rejoinder here is why did he ever vote for it then. Perhaps an interesting exercise in how to create attack ads for your opponent.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023, 06:43:46 PM »

I think some democrats on this forum want Manchin to lose lol

Well I’m not going to shed any tears when he does. He is useless and it will be entertaining watching him get Blanched.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies