Acosta and MTG have heated exchange outside Capitol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:09:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Acosta and MTG have heated exchange outside Capitol
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Acosta and MTG have heated exchange outside Capitol  (Read 738 times)
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -6.26

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2022, 05:48:15 PM »

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 08:15:17 PM »

She said: "You know what your problem is? You're a liar." I don't know, Acosta seems to call them as he sees them, he doesn't have to lie.

MTG, on the other hand.... says things like, I don't remember stuff that has already been recorded for me to see in actual reality. I'd rather argue that you are a liar. Because I don't really know what I'm talking about except that Satan is in Churches. She reasons like this, it appears to me.

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 08:16:36 PM »

She said: "You know what your problem is? You're a liar." I don't know, Acosta seems to call them as he sees them, he doesn't have to lie.

MTG, on the other hand.... says things like, I don't remember stuff that has already been recorded for me to see in actual reality. I'd rather argue that you are a liar. Because I don't really know what I'm talking about except that Satan is in Churches. She reasons like this, it appears to me.

how dare you imply there isn’t a Jewish space laser!!!!!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 08:20:32 PM »

I don't keep up with all the weird stuff she says. I just keep wondering what the people are like in her part of the state that voted her in? Are they just as seemingly crazy as she?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 08:25:04 PM »

I don't keep up with all the weird stuff she says. I just keep wondering what the people are like in her part of the state that voted her in? Are they just as seemingly crazy as she?

She got in similar to Cawthorn. An open safe seat in a runoff primary state. About a dozen people run and she just happened to be in the top two so could consolidate the far right vote over the establishment vote
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 11:07:07 PM »

Does she not consider that the "way she behaves" makes people "sick to their stomach"?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 11:37:32 PM »

Lots of alternating between “that’s not what the text means” and “I didn’t say that” lmao
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 11:49:53 PM »

I think she would come out better if she said "yeah I wanted martial law, what about it?" then the "I don't know what I said" silliness.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 07:50:21 AM »

There are people who like this woman.

People on this forum.

It's mind-boggling.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2022, 09:07:47 AM »

Can somebody please explain to me why in recent years, more and more first-term members of Congress are getting so much attention in the press? It happened 2-3 years ago with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and now it's happening with MTG, Boebert, and Cawthorn. First-termers should be quietly casting votes and angling to get on a prestigious committee (Appropriations, Energy & Commerce, Rules, or Ways & Means), but the press should be ignoring the freshmen and focusing their attention on members of Congress who have more seniority.

Just my beef du jour.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2022, 09:21:27 AM »

Can somebody please explain to me why in recent years, more and more first-term members of Congress are getting so much attention in the press? It happened 2-3 years ago with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and now it's happening with MTG, Boebert, and Cawthorn. First-termers should be quietly casting votes and angling to get on a prestigious committee (Appropriations, Energy & Commerce, Rules, or Ways & Means), but the press should be ignoring the freshmen and focusing their attention on members of Congress who have more seniority.

Just my beef du jour.

Because they are very active on social media and are going out of their way to get into the news.

You don't hear about Sara Jacobs or Cliff Bentz or Victoria Lange because they just do their job quietly. (Case in point - 2 of those 3 people are real freshman members of congress, 1 is made-up. Can you tell which it is?)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2022, 12:36:20 PM »

The way she's talking in this video is reminiscent of gaslighting.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2022, 12:45:13 PM »

So now she doesn't act so tough. If she was really as tough as she claims to be she would own all those text and everything else she's done by saying "sure enough did".
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2022, 01:41:03 PM »

Lots of alternating between “that’s not what the text means” and “I didn’t say that” lmao

She goes back-and-forth in the video about her demand to Acosta to just read the text, to see what it says verbatim ... but yet makes claim that it's not her text. So then why the (her) huge defense of wanting to know exactly what it says? If it's not her text, she should not be interested in trying to defend what it "actually says."
She is such a NutJob Fool.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2022, 01:47:39 PM »

Just my beef du jour.

Because they are very active on social media and are going out of their way to get into the news.

You don't hear about Sara Jacobs or Cliff Bentz or Victoria Lange because they just do their job quietly. (Case in point - 2 of those 3 people are real freshman members of congress, 1 is made-up. Can you tell which it is?)

Maybe it's just because I'm a nerd about politics, but it's Lange who's fictional. I was skepitcal there was a Victoria Lange in Congress even before I read the bolded section of your post (though there is a Ukranian-American first-term Republican, Victoria Spartz, from IN05 north of Indianpolis), but I do know of Sara Jacobs (D-CA) and Cliff Bentz (R-OR02).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2022, 01:50:47 PM »

Just my beef du jour.

That's how it should be, yes, that's how it used to be and that's how it still is most of the time. However, certain newer members of Congress - Cawthorn, MTG, and Omar and Tlaib when they were in their first term - crave attention and, to use Washingtonian lexicon, are more interested in being showhorses than workhorses. Especially Cawthorn - he's a clown who's spet a lot less time legislating than he in the news for saying and doing dumb and dangerous things. And when he is actually in Congress, he can't resist attention-seeking behaviour:

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2022, 01:58:44 PM »

Acosta is extremely punchable, but so is she.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2022, 02:06:59 PM »

Acosta is extremely punchable, but so is she.

Say this about a Democrat/liberal and the red avatars would be all over you for "EnDoRsInG vIoLeNcE aGaInsT wOmEn". Not that I disagree (by the way, Jimmy Kimmel also agrees with you).

Just my beef du jour.

That's how it should be, yes, that's how it used to be and that's how it still is most of the time. However, certain newer members of Congress - Cawthorn, MTG, and Omar and Tlaib when they were in their first term - crave attention and, to use Washingtonian lexicon, are more interested in being showhorses than workhorses. Especially Cawthorn - he's a clown who's spet a lot less time legislating than he in the news for saying and doing dumb and dangerous things. And when he is actually in Congress, he can't resist attention-seeking behaviour:

Yes, I can readily understand why they SEEK attention, but my question is why do the media GIVE them attention? Reporters can choose who deserves to get attention and who doesn't, and lately the judgment of most reporters seems so questionable.

Just my beef du jour.

Maybe it's just because I'm a nerd about politics, but it's Lange who's fictional. I was skepitcal there was a Victoria Lange in Congress even before I read the bolded section of your post (though there is a Ukranian-American first-term Republican, Victoria Spartz, from IN05 north of Indianpolis), but I do know of Sara Jacobs (D-CA) and Cliff Bentz (R-OR02).

Thank you. I didn't feel like joining Ferguson97's enticement to join a Sesame Street game of "Which of these things is not like the other?"

I will be deleting this post later today.

Because it generates more views and it's what people want to hear. Why not give/tell the people what they want to hear and report on stories they're interested in? And in all fairness, I can't blame Americans for being less interested in something obscure in Congress than they are in a member of Congress discussing being invited to an orgy.

That said, journalists really should focus more on government instead of headline-grabbers from attention-seekers and horse race journalism, whether or not it helps with the base.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 02:09:23 PM »

People should realize she's a just shameless attention wh*re doing all this BS for publicity and ignore it.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 02:17:24 PM »

Not a fan of MTG, but it was great when she forced him to actually read the text he was lying about and exposed his dishonesty. Acosta kept saying her text called for martial law but when he read it she clearly did NOT call for martial law. This is the DeSantis strategy of making dishonest "journalists" actually read out loud on camera the stuff they are deliberately misinterpreting. There is plenty to attack MTG on without lying.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2022, 02:20:36 PM »

Not a fan of MTG, but it was great when she forced him to actually read the text he was lying about and exposed his dishonesty. Acosta kept saying her text called for martial law but when he read it she clearly did NOT call for martial law. This is the DeSantis strategy of making dishonest "journalists" actually read out loud on camera the stuff they are deliberately misinterpreting. There is plenty to attack MTG on without lying.
What does the text mean in context?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2022, 04:25:28 PM »

That she didnt have a position on other people calling for martial law.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2022, 06:22:20 PM »

Wait, did news media make up the text, whole cloth?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2022, 07:18:36 PM »

She sent out a text and said "some people have called for martial law but I am not decided on that matter."
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2022, 09:26:11 PM »

She sent out a text and said "some people have called for martial law but I am not decided on that matter."

Okay so no, Acosta didn't lie. "I don't have a position on Trump declaring martial law to stop the peaceful transition of power" is code for "I want Trump to declare martial law, but won't say it out loud." This is not exactly the type of thing that you remain neutral on!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies