Why are European emo/hardcore fans more likely to be "American-style" Christians than their country?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:43:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Why are European emo/hardcore fans more likely to be "American-style" Christians than their country?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are European emo/hardcore fans more likely to be "American-style" Christians than their country?  (Read 523 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2022, 03:22:07 PM »

This might be one factor in me not understanding how religious identity in Europe works because my experience was with people on hardcore forums who basically fell into one of two categories: 1-atheist 2-Christian in a very vocal American style. No such thing as "cultural Christians" of any type in the scene. And they're not even super uncommon. I posted about an Irish woman a few months ago but there's plenty I've met from Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Germany and France. Never Catholic or even even more traditional Protestant. Also I know of Christian hardcore bands from those countries too.

But why? It seems odd a counterculture style of music and scene would cause people to be MORE likely to be such a Christian.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 04:04:56 PM »

People who choose worse music are probably statistically more likely to choose worse versions of Christianity. That's my only theory on the question.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 08:26:01 PM »

House music is King in Europe.  

And also "black music".   (Basically, meaning hip-hop.  Yes, that's exactly how the venues advertise it.)

I thought this was common knowledge.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 08:01:17 PM »

People who choose worse music are probably statistically more likely to choose worse versions of Christianity. That's my only theory on the question.
Actually having thought about it, I actually think if you change "worse" in this statement to "American-rooted and oriented" you might have the answer.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 09:54:48 PM »

Actually having thought about it, I actually think if you change "worse" in this statement to "American-rooted and oriented" you might have the answer.

That's a more diplomatic way of putting it.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 10:42:54 PM »

Because emocore was invented by John Calvin lure away the youth from the one true church.

You fell for it
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2022, 02:05:03 AM »

Because emocore was invented by John Calvin lure away the youth from the one true church.

You fell for it
Guy Picciotto is John Calvin?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies