Democrat voter registration drive
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:58:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Democrat voter registration drive
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrat voter registration drive  (Read 1680 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2004, 10:10:45 PM »

Suggest you check the following link on the efforts of George Soros on behalf of John Kerry:

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/23702.htm
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 02:11:39 AM »

Suggest you check the following link on the efforts of George Soros on behalf of John Kerry:

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/23702.htm

I checked the link.  Pretty weak broth.  I did some further reading.  Wow.  There is no "there"" there "on this hatchet job from the Daily News.

The article states, "ACT is legally separate from Democrat John Kerry's campaign, but has many veteran Democratic operatives with Kerry ties and its prime goal is to defeat President Bush."

The text highlighted in  blue is fact; the text highlighted in red[/red] is commentary, yet you claim, "...the efforts of George Soros on behalf of John Kerry."

The Daily News also quotes the Kerry campaign as stating:

"We have nothing to do with ACT." But she refused to say whether Kerry approves of hiring felons to collect sensitive personal data and go door to door."

The text highlighted in blue[/blue] is fact; the text highlighted in red[/red] is irrelevant.

So what is one to make of this "story".  Well, I think the story has facts, and has usless commentary intended to discredit Kerry.

The factual story is:  "ACT is legally separate from Democrat John Kerry's campaign, and "We (Kerry) have nothing to do with ACT."

So, like, where's the story?  And what motivated you to post this silliness?

- Alfie
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 02:24:18 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2004, 02:26:52 AM by John Ford »

Alfie said:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In reality, all of these things are facts, not just the blue ones.  

Many veteran Democratic operatives do in fact work for ACT, including, as the article later says, "ACT spokesman Mo Elleithee, an ex-operative for Democrat Wesley Clark," who, "refused to say how many felons ACT hired at $8 to $12 an hour or to spell out what ACT does to screen out violent felons."

Also a fact is that Soros, the man behind ACT, has made it a major goal of his life to oust Bush.  He said recently, "I have come to the conclusion that the greatest contribution I can make to the values that I hold would be to contribute to the defeat of George W. Bush in 2004."  "(Defeating Bush) is the central focus of my life," Soros says, and "a matter of life and death."
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 04:35:14 AM »

Alfie said:

Many veteran Democratic operatives do in fact work for ACT, including, as the article later says, "ACT spokesman Mo Elleithee, an ex-operative for Democrat Wesley Clark," who, "refused to say how many felons ACT hired at $8 to $12 an hour or to spell out what ACT does to screen out violent felons."

Also a fact is that Soros, the man behind ACT, has made it a major goal of his life to oust Bush.  He said recently, "I have come to the conclusion that the greatest contribution I can make to the values that I hold would be to contribute to the defeat of George W. Bush in 2004."  "(Defeating Bush) is the central focus of my life," Soros says, and "a matter of life and death."

Ah, no, I disagree, but that and $1.50 gets me coffee with certain GOP prigs... let's try LEGAL FACT:

By law, these groups must operate independently of a candidate:

"Joseph E. Sandler, counsel to the DNC, said an in-house entity has been permissible since 1996 under US Supreme Court rulings, and he has been advising party personnel and potential consultants about restrictions on their communication with the Kerry campaign or other DNC employees who deal with the Kerry apparatus.

"Those people can't be involved in anything on the other side of the firewall: there can be no coordination of effort " Sandler said.

Are you doubting that a legal firewall exists between the organizations?  Can you prove there is collusion between the two?  If the answer is "yes", you can alert the FEC.  Or you can contact the IRS if you feel there has been a violation of the tax and reporting requirements relating ro Illegal coordination

Otherwise, speculation and rumor mongering is what this is all about.  Nothing new under the sun.

Summary:  

-  The Kerry campaign is in no way tied with ACT
-  ACT has its own reasons for hiring felons (ever hear of "Compassionate Liberalism"?   Hmmm?
-  Whatever its reasons, not related to Kerry
- This is more GOP hogwash in an effort to smear Bush's opponent.
- And more "board distractions" by Pug lovers.

Well.  I'd say that's "that".

- Alfie
seeker of truth, no matter how it hurts.  or who it hurts.

dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 06:03:09 AM »

Should anybody be surprised that the Democratic party is using dangerous felons to register people to vote?  I'm not.  It's exactly in keeping with the Democratic philosophy.
MarkDel

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 08:13:43 AM »

Should anybody be surprised that the Democratic party is using dangerous felons to register people to vote?  I'm not.  It's exactly in keeping with the Democratic philosophy.

Sadly I think you're right. This Soros character is a real piece of work. If only the right wing billionaires were as rabid and as free with their own money...LOL
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 10:21:40 AM »

For some reason, nobody wants to really dig into Soros past, particularly his 'investors' from Russia, China and Columbia.

It seems they are scared of what they would find.

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 01:06:28 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2004, 01:08:55 PM by John Ford »

Alfie said:

Ah, no, I disagree, but that and $1.50 gets me coffee with certain GOP prigs... let's try LEGAL FACT:

By law, these groups must operate independently of a candidate:

"Joseph E. Sandler, counsel to the DNC, said an in-house entity has been permissible since 1996 under US Supreme Court rulings, and he has been advising party personnel and potential consultants about restrictions on their communication with the Kerry campaign or other DNC employees who deal with the Kerry apparatus.

"Those people can't be involved in anything on the other side of the firewall: there can be no coordination of effort " Sandler said.

Are you doubting that a legal firewall exists between the organizations?  Can you prove there is collusion between the two?  If the answer is "yes", you can alert the FEC.  Or you can contact the IRS if you feel there has been a violation of the tax and reporting requirements relating ro Illegal coordination

Otherwise, speculation and rumor mongering is what this is all about.  Nothing new under the sun.

Summary:  

-  The Kerry campaign is in no way tied with ACT
-  ACT has its own reasons for hiring felons (ever hear of "Compassionate Liberalism"?   Hmmm?
-  Whatever its reasons, not related to Kerry
- This is more GOP hogwash in an effort to smear Bush's opponent.
- And more "board distractions" by Pug lovers.

Well.  I'd say that's "that".

- Alfie
seeker of truth, no matter how it hurts.  or who it hurts.

Let me get this straight.  I point out that Democratic operatives with ties to prominent Democrats are in fact working for ACT, and that its main goal is to oust President Bush, proving that this statement:
Is in fact not commentary, but accurate reporting.

Alfie's response is to claim that I suggested active collusion between the groups.  Now, Alfie, where exactly did I say that?  It seems, you have erected a straw man.  If you want to argue on this board, you will at some point have to actually address what we ctually said, not what you wish we had said.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 12:14:10 AM »

I am sure the ACT! has no "official" ties to the Kerry Campaign.

I am fully condident "MoveON" has also been very careful not to have any "official" ties either.

There are also no ties between the Democrats and the ALF/CIO, because that too would be "illegal"...

And the Bush campaign never talks to the NRA or the Christian Right either......

Let's all come together in a bi-partisan way and agree on the amazingly obvious - McCain/Feingold is a total joke.

Prior to McCain/Feingold you needed a moderately bright 5 year old to figure out how to totally bipass the so-called campaign finance laws.

Under McCain/Feingold they have made it sooo much harder - you now need a moderately bright 8 year old...

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 12:31:46 AM »

The principle difference is that McCain-Feingold favors billionaires to the detriment of mass membership organizations like the NRA.

Please notice the silence by by McCain, Feingold and their supporters about the antics of Soros.

I never liked McCain-Feingold.  Its a bad joke.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 08:33:08 AM »

The principle difference is that McCain-Feingold favors billionaires to the detriment of mass membership organizations like the NRA.

Please notice the silence by by McCain, Feingold and their supporters about the antics of Soros.

I never liked McCain-Feingold.  Its a bad joke.

And a violation of the First Amendment.
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2004, 05:04:58 PM »

Exactly.  Exactly.  All legal.  Never , ever, did any of these fine groups share their data with Kerry or Bush in a manner inconsistant with existing law.  We agree (wink wink) Granted , these are indelicate subtleties, but they need not be spoken, for now.

- Alfie
nomorelies

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 11:31:51 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2004, 11:32:58 AM by nomorelies »

Soros rebuilt many of the ex-communist countires. He built hospitals and schools provided vaccines for the children of Kosovo and the former Yugoslavian states. But no!! Republicans want to put the negatives out. Tell us how much he is a cruel man.

Republicans say Soros is cruel
 - is it cruel to build hospitals and schools in war-torn countries.
-  is it cruel to rebuild cities like Budapest, Krakow and Split after Communist rule.

You Republicans would haave hero-worshipped him as a man of freedom and hope if he supported Bush. Just because he thinks Bush is a threat to world peace you pollute te country with faults on the man. He has his faults but least he spends his money on something he believes in. Most billionaire conservatives just sit there counting how much they have. i look forward to the  Republican attack machine respond with intelligent responses.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 11:46:49 AM »

Soros rebuilt many of the ex-communist countires. He built hospitals and schools provided vaccines for the children of Kosovo and the former Yugoslavian states. But no!! Republicans want to put the negatives out. Tell us how much he is a cruel man.

Republicans say Soros is cruel
 - is it cruel to build hospitals and schools in war-torn countries.
-  is it cruel to rebuild cities like Budapest, Krakow and Split after Communist rule.

You Republicans would haave hero-worshipped him as a man of freedom and hope if he supported Bush. Just because he thinks Bush is a threat to world peace you pollute te country with faults on the man. He has his faults but least he spends his money on something he believes in. Most billionaire conservatives just sit there counting how much they have. i look forward to the  Republican attack machine respond with intelligent responses.

Bush is no threat to world peace. Bush is bringing about the hope of a peace free of terror. This world has never been peaceful and probably never will.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 10:08:26 AM »

Soros seems a little hypocritical to me, he made a fortune in currency trading and now he wants it to be regulated...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies