thread about leak to destroy Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 09:44:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  thread about leak to destroy Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: thread about leak to destroy Atlasia  (Read 7884 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2022, 01:44:29 PM »

Some of the people complaining about doxxing in this thread have their map location in their Atlas profile. Curious.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2022, 02:02:57 PM »

Some of the people complaining about doxxing in this thread have their map location in their Atlas profile. Curious.
are you "doing a bit" or do you think crane actually lives inside a national park in cuba?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2022, 02:48:47 PM »

I live in the middle of a river
Attorney General & LGC Deputy Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2022, 02:55:26 PM »

I'll just say my map location is a bit of a lie (i.e. it is a few counties away from where I actually am). Further, even if it was accurate, I (and others) did that from my/our own free will, it was not the result of a leak over which I/one had no control.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2022, 03:00:35 PM »

I must admit discovering that CalamityBlue seemed to have very strong and hostile views about myself was a bit weird because I never interacted with him at all lol.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2022, 03:45:33 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2022, 03:49:07 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I thank MB and NCY for taking action to limit the scope of who saw those leaks, and urge any future leakers to take care to redact RL information.

I first pruned the quote pyramids from my own posts. Then inquired with MB as to the content of the leaks and when he expressed uncertainty in terms of personal information contained therein, I determined it prudent to continue its extraction from there.

And was this this before or after he posted the thread, moderator?
I thank MB and NCY for taking action to limit the scope of who saw those leaks, and urge any future leakers to take care to redact RL information.

I first pruned the quote pyramids from my own posts. Then inquired with MB as to the content of the leaks and when he expressed uncertainty in terms of personal information contained therein, I determined it prudent to continue its extraction from there.

And was this this before or after he posted the thread, moderator?

His original thread was never reported before self deletion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2022, 03:52:27 PM »

What exactly is “real world sh**t” here? It’s an Atlasia chat. The leaks are of you discussing things related to Atlasia, not things related to the real world.
probably a reference to the various points where real names are used in the logs? a name, fyi, is a word by which a person is identified in the real world, and so qualifies as "real world sh**t."

any time you dump a discord log of that size without making any effort to isolate the relevant parts and trim the rest, there's gonna be some personally identifiable information in it. it's mostly about fantasyland stuff, but there's passing discussion of users' real names, where they live, what they do — all things that are known within the server, but not to broader atlas. this is, in my opinion, what distinguishes this kind of leak from leaking individual PMs/DMs

i'm not gonna get hysterical and call it "doxxing" or whatever, but not a trend that should be encouraged, and i certainly understand why people are upset with MB over it. i know i will be more circumspect about what personal details i share on servers that include him in the future, and i would encourage others to do the same.

Given the immediate regret Mega Brain demonstrated after the fact, I don't think he had really put a lot of thought into it beforehand. Unfortunately he won't be welcome in as many social circles as he was before. Certainly, I would have thought incriminating screenshots and things of that nature, while annoying, would have been "fair game" but a violation of privacy like that with doxxing potential was beyond the pale. If NC Yankee was more focused on his nominal job as a moderator and less focused on his daily "muh Labor demographics" pity party I would figure there would be some recrimination there.

I haven't read the full extent of what got leaked, but while I continue to abhor all the actions of those who took advantage of a meaningless resolution to launch a violent assault and constitutional crisis in an attempt to destroy the game, I will acknowledge my agreement with you on the bold. The leaking of any RL information without consent is highly inappropriate and should not be a part of the game. It was wrong when LT did it, and it's wrong to the extent that the Anti-OBD movement has done it.

Thank you.

But the former's cold feet actions to delete his threat were useless, since he moronically decided to make an entire chat log available as a download. And the latter, as far as I can tell, took no corrective action at all other than deciding my swear words were offensive in a comment in this thread.

I haven't deleted anything of yours in this thread. I am my phone so I cannot check easily to see if  someone else did.

I no actioned a report earlier bc the post it was for was already gone.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2022, 03:55:52 PM »

Atlasian Civilization is under attack and the left is responsible.

I also find it odd anyone would defend the behavior of some people when it comes to killing the game. I remember joking about nukes and made jokes about adam griffin and labor party had a fit. Had a fit so bad they tried to destroy my Senate race. So yeah dont get mad now
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2022, 05:48:47 PM »

I must admit discovering that CalamityBlue seemed to have very strong and hostile views about myself was a bit weird because I never interacted with him at all lol.

I continue to hold the Supreme Court in great contempt.  Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2022, 08:17:17 PM »

At least they remembered your name Cheesy
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2022, 08:19:16 PM »

Hello there justice ikiverilen how are you doing
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2022, 09:19:22 PM »

Eh, perhaps it's the most popular thread I ever started: 100 posts in 24 hours.

I was trying to understand what is going on, seeing post disappeared, talk of rigged elections. The thread became a place for arguing. When I sense it's too personal dislike I don't like it. It's a game and I wish everyone can find something fun. The problem is we don't all have the same sense of fun.

I hope after some time of cooling down, people can get a sense of perspective, repair personal relationships, don't outcast people and there is an interesting game going forward.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2022, 09:20:50 PM »

Eh, perhaps it's the most popular thread I ever started: 100 posts in 24 hours.

I was trying to understand what is going on, seeing post disappeared, talk of rigged elections. The thread became a place for arguing. When I sense it's too personal dislike I don't like it. It's a game and I wish everyone can find something fun. The problem is we don't all have the same sense of fun.

I hope after some time of cooling down, people can get a sense of perspective, repair personal relationships, don't outcast people and there is an interesting game going forward.
Thanks for your wise words Poirot.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2022, 09:32:48 PM »

I also find it odd anyone would defend the behavior of some people when it comes to killing the game. I remember joking about nukes and made jokes about adam griffin and labor party had a fit. Had a fit so bad they tried to destroy my Senate race. So yeah dont get mad now

But why did you threaten to assassinate the President!?! Huh Cry
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2022, 10:16:39 PM »

Ooooookay.

From what I understand so far there were some personal details buried in the log? If my guesses are correct then knowing the broader culture where this took place I do think the breach of trust argument has merit, although that seems somewhat at odds with the other aim they had of tamping down on Fantasyland discussion in-server. Again as with previous leaks personal information being divulged shouldn’t be a thing that happens, even unintentionally. That was bad.

All that aside, re: the arguments in this thread…

With respect, for all the bellyaching about “nobody else has a plan to save the game“ I’m not seeing much constructive in that direction from whatever this is. From what I gather this fundamentally changed game seems to be… basically “nothing matters and everyone else shuts up and watches as you stamp on their faces forever”?

Like, who deserves to play either this game or the new and improved one? Younger posters should shut up and go study biology, older posters should go get a life, touch grass, etc., inactive posters don’t know what they are talking about, active posters are the reason the game is dying. Where does that leave you? It’s Atlas Fantasy Elections and Government, everyone here has as much of a right to play as anyone else. If people want their O’Brien simulator you could probably set up something on some Discord server and invite whoever wants to join and be General of the Armed Forces or whatever, that seems to be the best model to ensure minimal dissent from Very Serious folks.

S019’s “I love this game and don’t want to see it euthanized” is understandable and although he and Truman have twisted it past recognition it is a good-faith starting point which I know both of them hold or have held. It would possibly have remained that if the endgame of this wasn’t “imprison everyone else” as both their actions have tended toward. Continuing in that direction, at a point you become rulers for life and then the game ends anyway without anyone else left to witness it.

I play Atlasia at arm’s length basically, I like and get along with all of you to varying degrees and I know I’d be pretty annoyed if some group decided to grief the entirety of AFE/AFG because they got bored. Which seems to have been exactly the plan here. It would presumably not annoy the “nothing else matters” crew if it happened to them, but this gets back to differences of opinion and not ruining the game for others over said differences.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2022, 10:20:31 PM »

But why did you threaten to assassinate the President!?! Huh Cry

It was your personality.

I'll take that as a compliment!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2022, 10:25:12 PM »

The Icant'believeitsnotikiverilenship.

You see what happened is, Xahar took a time machine back to 2008 and merged Verily and ilikeverin into one supreme being to rule over Atlasia for all of time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2022, 11:10:54 PM »

You see what happened is, Xahar took a time machine back to 2008 and merged Verily and ilikeverin into one supreme being to rule over Atlasia for all of time.

Hopefully he was able to find someone to competently moderate this board when he took his trip.

Yes, 2009 MasterJedi.

He would have deleted all you conspirator's posts for trolling or what have you. Have fun with that.

And nobody would have stopped him either.

Think about that the next time you complain about my "restrained" style.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2022, 11:34:19 PM »

Like, who deserves to play either this game or the new and improved one? Younger posters should shut up and go study biology, older posters should go get a life, touch grass, etc.
My position throughout this entire affair is that all posters, young and old, should both be studying biology and touching grass. There is no contradiction between those activities; indeed, they can often be combined, as the links demonstrate. Highly recommend.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2022, 11:35:37 PM »

Like, who deserves to play either this game or the new and improved one? Younger posters should shut up and go study biology, older posters should go get a life, touch grass, etc.
My position throughout this entire affair is that all posters, young and old, should both be studying biology and touching grass. There is no contradiction between those activities; indeed, they can often be combined, as the links demonstrate. Highly recommend.

Commendable!

I went for a hike this afternoon, it was great.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2022, 11:36:19 PM »

Hopefully he was able to find someone to competently moderate this board when he took his trip.

Yes, 2009 MasterJedi.

He would deleted all you conspirator's posts for trolling or what have you. Have fun with that.

MasterJedi is a great poster so I would take that deal in a heartbeat. Anything is better than you writing another novel about how le activity would never have happened if only people hadn't voted for the same party for multiple cycles.

What I want to know is how someone as smart as Harry fing Truman, someone who went through 2015, who knew Adam, Windjammer, and myself. Knew what we were capable of or should have known what we were capable of somehow still underestimated us.

You guys spend hours upon hours on your precious little crappy discord servers pigeonholing us, repeating the same narratives over and over and over again until it warps your brains and suddenly you think you guys have all the answers, You guys could actually pull off this scheme and you guys would actually succeed in doing what Oakvale, Al, and Xahar couldn't.

Oh Yankee, he just talks about RPP pre-discord/Labor monopoly. Oh Yankee, he is just too busy with moving/work work/school. Oh Yankee, he refuses to use IRC discord, and still stuck in the 2011 2016. The game is just Adam/Windjammer/NC Yankee Adam/Scott/NC Yankee who are mentally ill/unstable. Oh we just lost Lumine Weatherboy and his people, we're fine.

Its the same script, with the names changed.

And the result is exactly, the same.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2022, 12:00:33 AM »

If people were calling you unstable, I'm sorry, that's definitely not the case. But I would say the personalities of people like Adam and Wxtransit are not exactly conducive to bringing and keeping folks. As far as "what you're capable of" I would argue being terminally boring isn't really a skill, it's just that the people who thrive under the attrition of doing nothing day after day drive away anybody who doesn't, because change is bad.

Pretty sure most people - friend and foe alike - would tell you that I've probably brought and kept more people in this game than just about anybody else, but that's the bane of a 35 year-old RL political organizer, I suppose!

You're just pissy because after you attacked me, I responded, and now I'm the cancer that's killing the game. Great political fodder - at least for someone who's not done with the game. See you next week!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2022, 12:06:38 AM »

As far as "what you're capable of" I would argue being terminally boring isn't really a skill,

You see folks, there it is. The same discord warped narrative.

We had the real supreme court, and 1/6ing is an established infractable offense from two prior incidents.

Also just in case you guys weren't aware, relentless attempts to circumvent moderation of posts can result in a board ban/board mute/Mod Review depending on the circumstances. So all that talk from January of being able to "out energy me as mod", ignores the fact that 1. YE has Mod admin powers and is basically my defacto co-Mod on this board. 2. TOS enforcement trumps game play. 3. "Is just a game" worth serious forum consequences?

You were screwed from the start. There will never be a 1/6ing that succeeds on my board and I have enforced that against people on both the left and the right now.

And my skill is stubborn determination. Try me!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2022, 12:07:47 AM »

If people were calling you unstable, I'm sorry, that's definitely not the case. But I would say the personalities of people like Adam and Wxtransit are not exactly conducive to bringing and keeping folks. As far as "what you're capable of" I would argue being terminally boring isn't really a skill, it's just that the people who thrive under the attrition of doing nothing day after day drive away anybody who doesn't, because change is bad.

Pretty sure most people - friend and foe alike - would tell you that I've probably brought and kept more people in this game than just about anybody else, but that's the bane of a 35 year-old RL political organizer, I suppose!

You're just pissy because after you attacked me, I responded, and now I'm the cancer that's killing the game. Great political fodder - at least for someone who's not done with the game. See you next week!

To clarify, you're not "the cancer that's killing the game." I think it's fair to say you're the cancer that's made the game unplayable on a long-term basis.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2022, 12:16:41 AM »

As far as "what you're capable of" I would argue being terminally boring isn't really a skill,

You see folks, there it is. The same discord warped narrative.

We had the real supreme court, and 1/6ing is an established infractable offense from two prior incidents.

Also just in case you guys weren't aware, relentless attempts to circumvent moderation of posts can result in a board ban/board mute/Mod Review depending on the circumstances. So all that talk from January of being able to "out energy me as mod", ignores the fact that 1. YE has Mod admin powers and is basically my defacto co-Mod on this board. 2. TOS enforcement trumps game play. 3. "Is just a game" worth serious forum consequences?

You were screwed from the start. There will never be a 1/6ing that succeeds on my board and I have enforced that against people on both the left and the right now.

And my skill is stubborn determination. Try me!

I have zero clue what you're ranting about here. But yeah, as I said, the personalities of some of people who have annointed themselves the kings of the sh**t heap are probably some of the biggest overall toxic factors on the Atlasia boards in general.

I became a mod for the sake of Atlasia. Atlasia is an elections game. A fake oath of office detracts from the elections aspect and degrades the game as such. That is why I have twice before move/infracted people for engaging in the act of "1/6ing".

Had the plan gone forward and a rigged certification been done, the Supreme Court would have  ruled on the real winners and those would have been the ones to swear in. Any one trying to swear in on the basis of whatever garbage Truman turned in, would have been deleted and infracted as spam/trolling under the 1/6 precedent.

If people carried through on the threats in January after Donerail lost to "out energy me as mod" and kept posting moderated content in defiance would have likely resulted in a mod review or board mute. This has been done in the past, when people say created socks to cheat in a game in the Games board, but that would have been up to Virginia/YE to decide.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies