TRIAL OF ATTORNEY GENERAL HARRY TRUMAN (Convicted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:33:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TRIAL OF ATTORNEY GENERAL HARRY TRUMAN (Convicted)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: TRIAL OF ATTORNEY GENERAL HARRY TRUMAN (Convicted)  (Read 3411 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2022, 07:50:14 PM »

Aye
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2022, 08:14:47 PM »

Aye
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2022, 09:32:50 PM »

Aye
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2022, 11:33:53 PM »

Aye.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2022, 06:59:28 AM »

There are enough votes to end the debates.

Final vote will be held on monday
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2022, 08:37:24 AM »

Also after all this is over I think it'd be good to set up some rules for future impeachment trials.

And change the relationship between the cabinet and the Presidency.

Including other positions like Secretary of Elections, or whatever the exact name is.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2022, 09:56:40 AM »

Also after all this is over I think it'd be good to set up some rules for future impeachment trials.

Could you be more specific about that?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2022, 10:11:40 AM »

Presumably prevent 1 person from being every single cabinet officer
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2022, 11:12:37 AM »

Pre reset certain cabinet offices were constitutionally derived which was inconvenient hence why in the 2015-2016 convention it was replaced with the current system which basically is a unitary executive. This means you are an eo away from Dofe not existing, being merged to another department or the officer being fired.

I think it's worth losing a little flexibility on trivial matters like department names in exchange for a firewall around Sofe and RG.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2022, 03:32:50 PM »

Pre reset certain cabinet offices were constitutionally derived which was inconvenient hence why in the 2015-2016 convention it was replaced with the current system which basically is a unitary executive. This means you are an eo away from Dofe not existing, being merged to another department or the officer being fired.

I think it's worth losing a little flexibility on trivial matters like department names in exchange for a firewall around Sofe and RG.

Yeah, but I'd also say we need to do something about the way the power has been centralized around the Attorney General's Office. Of course some of this is solved by filling the SOS slot, but I think bringing back positions like Secretary of Defense and Secretary of Internal Affairs could solve a lot of issues - even if such positions wouldn't do much on a day to day basis, they would provide meaningful protection against another incident like what's happening now by limiting the amount of power available to one person.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2022, 03:35:07 PM »

Yeah, but I'd also say we need to do something about the way the power has been centralized around the Attorney General's Office. Of course some of this is solved by filling the SOS slot, but I think bringing back positions like Secretary of Defense and Secretary of Internal Affairs could solve a lot of issues - even if such positions wouldn't do much on a day to day basis, they would provide meaningful protection against another incident like what's happening now by limiting the amount of power available to one person.

It's probably not necessary to create a Sec of Defense, just restore authority of that department to the SoS. We still are in an activity crisis, and it's going to be hard enough to fill the current positions we have.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2022, 03:40:15 PM »

It's probably not necessary to create a Sec of Defense, just restore authority of that department to the SoS. We still are in an activity crisis, and it's going to be hard enough to fill the current positions we have.

That probably works too, as long as it's made super clear in statute and not just left up to executive discretion like it is now.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2022, 03:45:44 PM »

We can discuss how to prevent this happening again after the trial. I have some ideas as well but I'd rather wait to talk about them until after this
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2022, 01:30:34 AM »

Aye
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2022, 08:50:50 AM »

If the Senate votes against the people, I will raze this city to the ground.

Why would you raze the city after you win?

A vote to convict is a vote against the people.

Polls clearly show the public wants conviction:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489212.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489544.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489235.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489999.0 (only 40% supporting Labor or NKT)

S019's attempt to turn the spotlight onto the federalists also failed tremendously:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489699.0

The PEOPLE (62%!) voted for this administration, and all the past administrations which the Attorney General has served. The Attorney General’s tenure has been an execution of the will of the people and a vote to convict is a usurpation of the will of the people. If you want a different Attorney General, elect a different President.

Those 62% voted for OBD long before the Kansas crisis even started.

Let's be real the people who actually will change there vote over this "drama" is like 10-15 people, at most.

Some changed sides, some didn't even bother voting, but OBD's oh so magical 62% is suddenly 17%. OBD Stalwarts elected only a single at large Senator (Hello again, 2017) and a Pacific Subregional Senator (by a very underwhelming margin). Looks like those polls were spot on or even too optimistic for OBD.

I hope this is all worth it for you guys.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2022, 01:14:01 PM »

A final vote is now open lasting for 5 days

Please vote Guilty or Not guilty on the following charges:

- DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS

- CONTEMPT OF COURT

- OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE

- ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING

- THEFT UNDER COLOR OF LAW
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2022, 01:15:33 PM »

I will vote guilty for all charges.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2022, 01:15:53 PM »

Guilty on all charges
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2022, 01:19:07 PM »

Count 1: Guilty
Count 2: Guilty
Count 3: Guilty
Count 4: Guilty
Count 5: Guilty

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2022, 01:25:16 PM »

Count 1: Guilty
Count 2: Guilty
Count 3: Guilty
Count 4: Guilty
Count 5: Guilty

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2022, 01:30:20 PM »

Guilty on all counts.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2022, 01:34:08 PM »

Innocent
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2022, 02:44:26 PM »

Guilty on all charges.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2022, 02:50:06 PM »

If the Senate votes against the people, I will raze this city to the ground.

Why would you raze the city after you win?

A vote to convict is a vote against the people.

Polls clearly show the public wants conviction:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489212.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489544.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489235.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489999.0 (only 40% supporting Labor or NKT)

S019's attempt to turn the spotlight onto the federalists also failed tremendously:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489699.0

The PEOPLE (62%!) voted for this administration, and all the past administrations which the Attorney General has served. The Attorney General’s tenure has been an execution of the will of the people and a vote to convict is a usurpation of the will of the people. If you want a different Attorney General, elect a different President.

Those 62% voted for OBD long before the Kansas crisis even started.

Let's be real the people who actually will change there vote over this "drama" is like 10-15 people, at most.

Some changed sides, some didn't even bother voting, but OBD's oh so magical 62% is suddenly 17%. OBD Stalwarts elected only a single at large Senator (Hello again, 2017) and a Pacific Subregional Senator (by a very underwhelming margin). Looks like those polls were spot on or even too optimistic for OBD.

I hope this is all worth it for you guys.

I'm old enough to remember this:

Sorry to say the second chances were misplaced and you continue being a stain on the forum. Enjoy your new career as Mini Brain's sidekick or whatever.

I have never done anything or passed any policy to harm the Jewish Community on this forum, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if I've voted or high-preffed Jews before. My personal religious belief is that one needs to accept Jesus Christ to enter Heaven (honestly at least a fairly commonly held belief among Christians), and I will not become a unitarian for the sake of a forum game, but that is the only capacity in which I answered that question. I was never answering it like I intended to do something in game or even actually really advocate/promote it, I simply answered the question, and not even on the forum. Further, to the extent that my answer discounted possibilities of conversion or singled out Jews or discounted Jews who accept Christ, I will again apologize for that. It was also not designed to be a personal insult or attack and I apologize to anyone who took it that way. Further, I do not plan to personally bring up the topic within the domain of Atlasia or Atlasian Discords again.

I remain thankful that you let me into the Revolutionary Communist Party and even gave you a pref this weekend out of some loyalty despite your actions, but ultimately, I have always been against violent uprisings or unconstitutional crises, whether in the area of Lincoln Secession without a vote or whatever cluster**** this has been, and I will not change that for my own political prospects or out of owing some debt or whatever. The Revolutionary Communist Party, against the odds, maintained our seat in the At-Large Senate. We also have a regional seat from a member not up for election. We also held our LGC seat. We're in a strong position. I don't know why you made the choices you did recently, but I believe the RevComs will continue to find success, whether that means me personally being in office or not, even under a change in Chairmanship from you to MB. And my membership in the party remains very much intact.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2022, 03:50:28 PM »

Guilty on all 5 charges

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to: