NH-SEN University of New Hampshire/WMUR: Hassan in Dead Heats with Challengers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:52:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  NH-SEN University of New Hampshire/WMUR: Hassan in Dead Heats with Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NH-SEN University of New Hampshire/WMUR: Hassan in Dead Heats with Challengers  (Read 1764 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2022, 08:46:09 AM »

Chuck Morse (R) 46 %
Maggie Hassan (D, Incumbent) 44 %

Maggie Hassan (D, Incumbent) 47 %
Don Bolduc (R) 46 %

Maggie Hassan (D, Incumbent) 45 %
Kevin Smith (R) 44 %

Maggie Hassan (D, Incumbent) 46 %
Bruce Fenton (R) 40 %

https://scholars.unh.edu/survey_center_polls/693/

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 08:49:30 AM »

Yep, it's gonna be a red wave.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 09:00:58 AM »

If you look at the Crosstabs of the Poll and particularly the Independent Vote (largest in the State, outnumbers both D's & R's) that should indeed frighten some National Democrats.

If Republicans win Indies in NH there is no reason to believe that they won't win them elsewhere.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 09:51:19 AM »

LOL she's only up by one against BOLDUC
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 10:19:58 AM »

I've noticed that Hassan has been trying to present herself as a moderate recently. She actually went down to the Mexican border and filmed a campaign ad there, claiming that she supports measures to "secure the border". I also believe that she is one of the ten Senate Democrats who have expressed doubts about Biden's plans to end Title 42. Nevertheless, these gambits don't appear to be working, and she is in for a tight race.
UncleSam

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 10:25:00 AM »

Seems pretty clear that the race is very close vs Morse, moderately Hassan favored vs Bolduc, and anyone else is fairly far behind.

Given Hassan is an incumbent and should be decently far ahead right now, this is very bad news for her. I’d rate Morse as Lean R, Bolduc as toss up, and anyone else as Lean D right now tbh.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 10:28:26 AM »

This poll also gives her a 35/51 favorability which I.... doubt.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 10:30:44 AM »

Seems pretty clear that the race is very close vs Morse, moderately Hassan favored vs Bolduc, and anyone else is fairly far behind.

Given Hassan is an incumbent and should be decently far ahead right now, this is very bad news for her. I’d rate Morse as Lean R, Bolduc as toss up, and anyone else as Lean D right now tbh.
I generally agree, although since Bolduc is literally the worst possible candidate to run in NH (a ultra-macho warhawk who is rhetorically insane is the opposite of a "good" NH candidate), I would say anyone else is a tossup, as once they get name rec some other candidate could possibly do well.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 10:34:24 AM »

The candidate-quality memes are going to be deliciously roasted this year.

If it isn't clear by now, most of the Republican vote this year, including by many independents, is anti-Democrat and nothing much deeper. That's why a Senate president got voted out by a truck driver. That's why Democrats in Virginia uniformly got around the same % statewide and in state legislative seats. And that's why, to many "smart" people's bafflement, the Republicans will get around the same percentage regardless of running a stop-the-steal Trump loyalist or a Mitch McConnell type.

Candidate quality probably matters more in New Hampshire than it does in other states, but it's just not the defining thing the pundits think it is.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 10:42:28 AM »

Users are Doom too much it's only April
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2022, 10:42:42 AM »

What do you think her actual favorability is? Close to what her polling numbers are?
New England Fire Squad
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.83

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2022, 10:43:47 AM »

That is an absolutely brutal poll. Anyone else think that there's a decent chance Ayotte announces for a rematch?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2022, 10:57:31 AM »

She's getting dragged underwater by Biden's low approval ratings. That's what's happening. This year, you can't elect a Democratic dog-catcher.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2022, 11:05:30 AM »

The candidate-quality memes are going to be deliciously roasted this year.

If it isn't clear by now, most of the Republican vote this year, including by many independents, is anti-Democrat and nothing much deeper. That's why a Senate president got voted out by a truck driver. That's why Democrats in Virginia uniformly got around the same % statewide and in state legislative seats. And that's why, to many "smart" people's bafflement, the Republicans will get around the same percentage regardless of running a stop-the-steal Trump loyalist or a Mitch McConnell type.

Candidate quality probably matters more in New Hampshire than it does in other states, but it's just not the defining thing the pundits think it is.
I agree.
Morse (a typical "strong candidate") and Bolduc (who is 100% the worst possible candidate for Republicans in this race for many reasons) are only 2% apart in their polling against Hassan. This indicates that "candidate quality" is pretty meaningless.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2022, 11:06:32 AM »

That is an absolutely brutal poll. Anyone else think that there's a decent chance Ayotte announces for a rematch?
I don't think it's likely.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2022, 12:15:15 PM »

F**k around and find out.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2022, 01:31:10 PM »

Here’s hoping that the GOP manages to turn "MAGA Maggie" into this year's "Mark Uterus." Rarely a good idea to reinforce your opponent's projected image, but when an attempt at re-branding is this transparently performative and insincere, the ensuing mirth reflects the incumbent's desperation more so than their "bipartisanship."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2022, 09:04:35 PM »

Here’s hoping that the GOP manages to turn "MAGA Maggie" into this year's "Mark Uterus." Rarely a good idea to reinforce your opponent's projected image, but when an attempt at re-branding is this transparently performative and insincere, the ensuing mirth reflects the incumbent's desperation more so than their "bipartisanship."

Ah the Gov race is gonna get real close between Sununu and Sherman that race is far from over Sununu in one poll was not leading 70(30 he was leading 51/24 that will help Hassan the Gov race when it does get close in September

Sununu and Scott always start out 70/30 and it gets close like 51/44% in the Fall remember 2018

D's won far fewer votes in 2018 than 2020 but Rs underperforming because Trump wasn't on the ballot
Respect and Compassion
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2022, 03:11:41 PM »

The best thing I can say for Hassan's chances is that if he's currently in the mid-40s, she theoretically would just need to win over an extra 5% of the electorate that's the most amenable to her. These are likely people who disapproved of Trump and currently disapprove of Biden. It's doable, but someone like Morse may have an easier time winning those voters over than a person with a D next to their name.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2022, 05:48:40 PM »

To be fair, she was against Syrian refugees in 2015. I think she is genuinely not super leftwing on immigration.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2022, 10:31:24 AM »

And so much for everyone saying that Hassan would be safe in 2022 with Sununu out.

Having this race be tilt R for now, really depends on the candidate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2022, 10:47:43 AM »

Users making a big fuss about this poll realiy
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2022, 11:54:08 AM »

The best thing I can say for Hassan's chances is that if he's currently in the mid-40s, she theoretically would just need to win over an extra 5% of the electorate that's the most amenable to her. These are likely people who disapproved of Trump and currently disapprove of Biden. It's doable, but someone like Morse may have an easier time winning those voters over than a person with a D next to their name.
Morse probably won't be the GOP nominee.
kwabbit

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2022, 08:05:00 PM »

We'll see if he get's enough institutional support to make him relevant, but he's polling 2% among GOP primary voters, which is ridiculously low. I thought him and Bolduc were 1A and 1B, but that's clearly not the case.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2022, 08:13:23 PM »

We'll see if he get's enough institutional support to make him relevant, but he's polling 2% among GOP primary voters, which is ridiculously low. I thought him and Bolduc were 1A and 1B, but that's clearly not the case.
Bolduc is 1A. There's no 1B.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies