Ukraine 2024 Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:18:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine 2024 Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine 2024 Election  (Read 1421 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2022, 09:53:37 PM »

The mad-men did it and we finally got a new election poll from Ukraine, as we can predict there has been a slight pro-incumbent swing with Zelensky getting 81% of the vote compared to his nearest competiort Porheshenko at 9%. Putins approval ratings are also suprisingly down.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 01:30:05 AM »

Petition for Zelensky winning landslides in random elections to become a slightly-more-serious supplementary meme to ¡Jeb! doing so.

X Nathan
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 03:48:24 AM »

Given Ukraine probably will be a province of Russia by 2024 and Zelensky will probably will be dead by then, this poll is useless.

I mean, they are doing really well in the war, but that will not last forever, since Russia has nukes and is perfectly willing to use them.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 06:25:46 AM »

Given Ukraine probably will be a province of Russia by 2024 and Zelensky will probably will be dead by then, this poll is useless.

I mean, they are doing really well in the war, but that will not last forever, since Russia has nukes and is perfectly willing to use them.

Please, please give up your totally ridiculous takes on this topic.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 06:31:40 AM »

Come on, I think we all realize Vladimir Putin is not a rational actor, otherwise he wouldn't have invaded Ukraine in the first place.
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 06:39:43 AM »

No good can come of this thread
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 07:43:37 AM »

I thought NYE was banned from the IE board?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 07:58:37 AM »

I thought NYE was banned from the IE board?
He’s been posting articles of elections he found on his RSS feed for a while.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2022, 09:16:18 AM »

It would be pretty funny if Zelensky got more in his actual democratic re-election bid, than Putin gave himself in his electoral-type event. Not that it is actually likely.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 02:01:09 AM »

Come on, I think we all realize Vladimir Putin is not a rational actor, otherwise he wouldn't have invaded Ukraine in the first place.

Putin being irrational and having nukes does not automatically mean that Ukraine will be "a province of Russia" (whatever you're using "province" to mean, since the Russian governmental structure itself does not use that term) in two years' time, because real life is not a Command & Conquer cutscene.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 05:18:18 AM »

Ah yes, the "democratic" election where Zelensky banned opposing political parties.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2022, 06:10:46 AM »

A different form of irrationality, though. He had memed himself into believing it would be effectively over in days and cheering crowds would greet his troops as liberators from the local "Nazis".
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2022, 07:03:18 AM »

A different form of irrationality, though. He had memed himself into believing it would be effectively over in days and cheering crowds would greet his troops as liberators from the local "Nazis".

The Lazerpig Loop in action:

Russia stronk memes->Russian tech is better than Western tech because (insert reason here)->War happens, Russian stuff turns out to suck->People forget about war->Repeat
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2022, 07:14:12 AM »

Ah yes, the "democratic" election where Zelensky banned opposing political parties.

Ah yes, the parties that unconditionally supported the government of a country that presently happens to be engaging in an invasion, massacres of civillians and arguably attempted genocide.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2022, 08:06:19 AM »

The mad-men did it and we finally got a new election poll from Ukraine, as we can predict there has been a slight pro-incumbent swing with Zelensky getting 81% of the vote compared to his nearest competiort Porheshenko at 9%. Putins approval ratings are also suprisingly down.

I strongly object to this colour scheme implying the opposition platform are close to the S&D. Russia loving traitors could not be less social Democratic.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2022, 08:44:22 AM »

I strongly object to this colour scheme implying the opposition platform are close to the S&D. Russia loving traitors could not be less social Democratic.

Yes, what on earth is that based on? Opposition Platform does not have any international affiliation and does not claim to be a social democratic party. A small oligarch shell-party that claimed (laughably) to be social democratic merged into it, but that would not be grounds for the labeling and, anyway, the party is functionally the successor to the Party of Regions which...
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 08:49:39 AM »

The Europe Elects color scheme certainly has its issues, but if one wants to align parties according to ideologies (which can become iffy in many cases), affiliations to EP groups might be the most elegant solution - other descriptions might very well not fit or become controversial, so this is a quite "neutral" solution. The Opposition Platform is represented in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) and belongs to the SOC parliamentary group there. The SOC group is strongly connected to the PES party and the S&D EP group, which is why the affiliation (~S&D) was chosen. At least until now, the Opposition Bloc hasn't been expelled from the PACE-SOC group.

Not necessarily agreeing with this approach (as it also created a situation where Swiss SVP is labeled as ~RE due to it being part of the ALDE-PACE group without joining any other pan-European party, hence no leaving any other option), but Europe Elects is consistent in its labeling rules.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2022, 10:14:48 AM »

Was Australia "democratic" when the Communist Party was banned in 1940?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2022, 10:26:23 AM »

Was Australia "democratic" when the Communist Party was banned in 1940?
No.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 10:38:22 AM »

Putin has got something of a reverse George W. Bush post-9/11 effect.
bigic
Serbia and Montenegro

Political Matrix
E: 2.32, S: -7.30

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 11:15:38 AM »

How about we lock this thread? Speculating about an election that much into the future is ridiculous.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 11:54:06 AM »

How about we lock this thread? Speculating about an election that much into the future is ridiculous.

We have an entire board dedicated to speculating about the 2024 Presidential Election in the United States.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 11:59:24 AM »

We have an entire board dedicated to speculating about the 2024 Presidential Election in the United States.

That is not necessarily an argument in its favour.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2022, 06:18:29 PM »

That is not necessarily an argument in its favour.

Have to agree.

I was on the 2020 board during “Oprah Week” in 2019, when every thread was some variation on how she was the inevitable nominee after she gave some acceptance speech where she criticised Trump.

This far out, it’s just white noise…*

*Yeah, Atlas is white noise during actual election season too, but at least then it’s informed white noise.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2022, 04:07:58 AM »

They're just following their German comrades.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies