SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:05:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted)  (Read 4033 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: April 15, 2022, 12:38:32 AM »

The invocation of random discord drop screens of years gone by from the sponsor, are clearly of such monumental relevance to determining the legality and fidelity to own's oath by officers as regards their actions mere days and weeks back as to shut down the whole conversation.

This is of course not the case and speaking for myself personally, I cannot even begin to quantify the level of concern that I do not give to such by contrast (due note this is not how I would phrase this were I not bound by the TOS).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 01:35:10 AM »

The invocation of random discord drop screens of years gone by from the sponsor, are clearly of such monumental relevance to determining the legality and fidelity to own's oath by officers as regards their actions mere days and weeks back as to shut down the whole conversation.

This is of course not the case and speaking for myself personally, I cannot even begin to quantify the level of concern that I do not give to such by contrast (due note this is not how I would phrase this were I not bound by the TOS).

Are you high or do you have a thesaurus stuck up where the sun don't shine?

Please try tamping down the obnoxiousness quotient, it is getting in the way of your ability to clearly see what has already been answered. Likewise, I would be obliged to state where may deposit such unbecoming qualities, but once again:

(due note this is not how I would phrase this were I not bound by the TOS).

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 11:49:22 PM »

Nay
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 02:58:13 AM »

Aye on WBs amendment
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 06:02:21 PM »

With OBD’s resignation making this impeachment pointless I move to table this proceeding .

In 2015 we continued anyway. Not saying we necessarily should now, just putting it out there.

There was severe abuse of executive power and thus certainly grounds for accountability.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 06:08:08 PM »

With OBD’s resignation making this impeachment pointless I move to table this proceeding .

In 2015 we continued anyway. Not saying we should now, just putting it out there.

Well unlike with Al it seems like he has resigned in the proper thread and deregistered too

Yes, but whatever your view, that strikes me as entirely meaningless if he reregisters.

That was why we pressed ahead in 2015 headless of deregistration.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 03:58:13 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2022, 04:03:06 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I was uncertain before. But now I am certain.

We have to proceed. I don't care about deregistrations, resignations or what have you.

Too many people took the wrong lessons or were given the wrong lessons by people who should have known better in all this and used it to justify pressing ahead with the madness.

I am willing to tolerate a certain level of scheming, a certain level of memes, a certain level of hijinks, but there have to be boundaries that no one thinks to cross. I want people to know that if they try to rig an election, there can be no mistake of what the outcome will be.

I also want future Presidents to know, they will be held accountable as a deterrent to future malfeasance. Its the same reasoning I employed in communications with Senators in another universe.

The left should know importance of this, more than anyone.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2022, 07:13:29 PM »

I too believe it necessary to continue with the action, especially given previous precedent. I hope it will be possible to do it quickly.

Depending on how quickly Mr. R can prune and post the logs, that would expedite things greatly. There are multiple incidents of incriminating statements by OBD, as well as many instances where he contemplated backing away only to press ahead under pressure.

This is on top of the previously publicly known information with the executive orders and statements, the dismissal of Peebs etc.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2022, 10:27:46 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2022, 10:32:06 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

This was compiled by Mr. R with sensitive information redacted. He was in the process of doing so in general terms but I asked him to compile the OBD centric ones since they would be appropriate to be made available in this thread.

LT put them into a google doc, to which I inquired about editing privilege's and the privacy of those viewing it. It is set to anonymous viewers and view only.

All personal/problematic information should be removed. I draw your attention to page 4 in the top left collumn from April 12, 2022 at 8:48 AM, Former President OBD lays out the basic plan for the plot.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DaWhjw3k9jiN-Qiy-D23kWWPW7Jitu0Zv3AGnoaJ6vM/edit?usp=drivesdk

There are multitudes of instances where people recognize the stupidity, insanity, illegality or ridiculousness of this plot. At a certain point Truman even justifies, "we did so much plotting of criminality but to this point we are just doing normal Atlasian things like GOTV, candidate recruitment", but note this is on the 13th, after the firing of Transit, arrest orders and such, and is followed afterwards  by the firing of Peebs before the start of the election.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2022, 06:15:41 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2022, 01:39:07 AM »

Wait, is suburban trying to claim that Atlasian government has authority over the forum at large and should be judged accordingly? Secretly based?

I mean back in the day Atlasia was considered to be forum community inclusive, but we are talking 2004 for that. It wasn't so even in 2008, because a number of community members were never in or were and don't want to be again.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2022, 01:47:38 AM »

Wait, is suburban trying to claim that Atlasian government has authority over the forum at large and should be judged accordingly? Secretly based?

I mean back in the day Atlasia was considered to be forum community inclusive, but we are talking 2004 for that. It wasn't so even in 2008, because a number of community members were never in or were and don't want to be again.

Well, we did pass a bill during my administration that declared a forum-wide holiday, so I think it's safe to say at least some of those 2004 powers are still intact.

I recall raising these concerns at the time. Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2022, 12:34:15 PM »

Well, we did pass a bill during my administration that declared a forum-wide holiday, so I think it's safe to say at least some of those 2004 powers are still intact.

I recall raising these concerns at the time. Tongue

Well, too bad.

We now have originalist evidence (the original framers in 2004 seemed intent on creating a 'forum government' this way, and each subsequent constitution has been procedurally built on the last) as well as continual usage (2021 law). The case is clear. Time to overthrow YE and Virginia Smiley)
Given the state of discourse on the forum right now and what is expected of mods these days, I’m pretty sure they both would willingly hand over power without a fight.

Yea, but in the process forcing people who the game who have either never desired to join or left it behind years ago would probably lead to a nasty situation.

What Sestak is ignoring is the evolution of the situation since then, whereby the game evolved to be independent with its own lore, story and such forth and thus separate and distinct from just a "forum mock government" that it started as.

Yes, I am challenging his "originalism" with that of evolving views and interpretations. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 05:59:18 PM »

Count 1: Guilty
Count 2: Guilty
Count 3: Guilty
Count 4: Guilty
Count 5: Guilty

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2022, 01:17:44 AM »

No President in the history of this game; not Napoleon with his refusal to comply with Senate investigations; not DemPGH with his attempt to fire the GM and related business; not TyriontheImperialist and his known status (by certain persons) as the sock of an infamous forum Troll who upon ascension abused the pardon powers and then resigned; and certainly not Bore (who upon his return took actions to stabilize the situation after bloody July), has done as much to abuse; mishandle; and discredit the Presidency. This was arguably the case, before the attempted heist of the election became clear.

Furthermore, you voted innocent for Truman and now abstain for OBD, when it is brutally clear that Truman was the ringleader in this business (which is not to to let OBD off the hook by some warped application of relative consideration), so even though it goes against my better judgment to waste my time here, I must know the reasoning behind voting innocent for the former and then abstain for the latter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies