SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:31:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted)  (Read 4029 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: April 15, 2022, 08:36:19 PM »

I can see that no one read my post from last night…
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 10:42:34 PM »

AYE
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 06:08:27 PM »

NAY, for the record. What OBD did was harmful to the game, yes, but it was not harmful to the forum community at large. I believe the forum community trumps our little community here, as a result, I am still disgusted that nothing has been done about LT who caused very real harm to the forum community. On principle, I just can't support this unless LT's far worse transgressions are sanctioned in some way (ideally his removal as Southern governor).
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 07:07:32 PM »

NAY, for the record. What OBD did was harmful to the game, yes, but it was not harmful to the forum community at large. I believe the forum community trumps our little community here, as a result, I am still disgusted that nothing has been done about LT who caused very real harm to the forum community. On principle, I just can't support this unless LT's far worse transgressions are sanctioned in some way (ideally his removal as Southern governor).

lmao

Going to present an explanation or will you just randomly praise Mussolini again?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 07:46:06 PM »

lmao

Imagine saying no one should ever be convicted of a crime again until OJ simpson is double jeopardied.

The difference is that this isn't real life, this is a tiny subset of the Internet located within a much larger, but still minuscule portion of the Internet. The forum at large still trumps Atlasia and thus offenses which consequences for the forum, at large, should be prioritized in being dealt with.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 12:35:20 AM »

Abstention
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 03:59:00 PM »

No President in the history of this game; not Napoleon with his refusal to comply with Senate investigations; not DemPGH with his attempt to fire the GM and related business; not TyriontheImperialist and his known status (by certain persons) as the sock of an infamous forum Troll who upon ascension abused the pardon powers and then resigned; and certainly not Bore (who upon his return took actions to stabilize the situation after bloody July), has done as much to abuse; mishandle; and discredit the Presidency. This was arguably the case, before the attempted heist of the election became clear.

Frankly, these Atlasia history lessons do not interest me, also you should consider why Bore and others had to take the actions that they did. In fact, the fact that the dissolve Atlasia movement took place just a year after the far left started a communist revolution since they had literally won the game and had resorted to passing communism, suggests that there was deep discontent with the status quo. This is also the case now, and a new reset will not fix the issue. Deep structural change is needed, and I believe OBD, like bore, Al, and oakvale before him, has shown us the need for change.

Furthermore, you voted innocent for Truman and now abstain for OBD, when it is brutally clear that Truman was the ringleader in this business (which is not to to let OBD off the hook by some warped application of relative consideration), so even though it goes against my better judgment to waste my time here, I must know the reasoning behind voting innocent for the former and then abstain for the latter.

Well the reasoning is that I actually believe this episode brought attention to the current flaws in Atlasia and the need for deep reform. People have been calling for these reforms for years and it seems after the new Constitution, people just decided that was it for reform. Though given how hard it was to get that passed, I'm not optimistic about any long term reform. Instead the warnings provided will go unheeded until a smarter group of people comes along and ends Atlasia through a better conceived plot or the game eventually dies off when the last of the olds lose interest in it. I credit Truman for bringing this to our attention more than OBD, ultimately I hope this will serve as a wakeup call to bring deep reform to the game. Though, I am of course naive and after this impeachment people will go back to passing random bipartisan bills about some obscure regulation written in a bill from 1920.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies