SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:57:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted)  (Read 4020 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: April 15, 2022, 07:36:09 AM »

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 09:02:39 PM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 12:45:40 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2022, 01:11:34 PM by West_Midlander »

Aye. Since the President has said that he is not running for re-election, the PPT is clearly trying to run out the clock for him until a new President swears in.

I misspoke. What I meant to say is that the PPT is gumming up the works in the hopes that the next Senate will acquit.

The PPT has consistently brought Senator CB's frivolous amendments to a vote during the impeachment proceedings. Also, in hindsight, the PPT could gum up the works until July given that Atlasia leans significantly to the left so there is a 50-50 or better chance even with the DA against them that the President's allies could retain the PPT-ship for WD (based off of current census data). Some of my former colleague's (Spark's) proposed legislation was on the floor for months, even up to six months iirc in one case, while being in the minority. With the PPT and the administration against this impeachment, the impeachment could be stalled for a long time.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 04:56:07 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2022, 05:15:09 AM by West_Midlander »

Aye. Since the President has said that he is not running for re-election, the PPT is clearly trying to run out the clock for him until a new President swears in.

I misspoke. What I meant to say is that the PPT is gumming up the works in the hopes that the next Senate will acquit.

The PPT has consistently brought Senator CB's frivolous amendments to a vote during the impeachment proceedings. Also, in hindsight, the PPT could gum up the works until July given that Atlasia leans significantly to the left so there is a 50-50 or better chance even with the DA against them that the President's allies could retain the PPT-ship for WD (based off of current census data). Some of my former colleague's (Spark's) proposed legislation was on the floor for months, even up to six months iirc in one case, while being in the minority. With the PPT and the administration against this impeachment, the impeachment could be stalled for a long time.

S019 and CB wrote bills last week that reached the floor literally within hours of being posted. I still have bills I posted in February languishing in the queue awaiting floor time.

Right. It's especially obscene to bring bills to the floor out of order since it makes it much easier for bills to be forgotten about, especially opposition bills, but I suppose that is the intention on the part of the PPT.

This is the wrong course of action for our democracy, though, because the PPT doesn't know how members will vote on legislation so preventing the Senate from debating legislation that he doesn't like is akin to the rule of a dictatorial "First Senator" and not an elected PPT.

Furthermore, debate can convince Senators from their original position...I know it has happened to me on a few occasions when I was a Southern Delegate.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 02:27:17 AM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix