SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:34:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted)  (Read 4016 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2022, 12:32:05 PM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2022, 12:45:40 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2022, 01:11:34 PM by West_Midlander »

Aye. Since the President has said that he is not running for re-election, the PPT is clearly trying to run out the clock for him until a new President swears in.

I misspoke. What I meant to say is that the PPT is gumming up the works in the hopes that the next Senate will acquit.

The PPT has consistently brought Senator CB's frivolous amendments to a vote during the impeachment proceedings. Also, in hindsight, the PPT could gum up the works until July given that Atlasia leans significantly to the left so there is a 50-50 or better chance even with the DA against them that the President's allies could retain the PPT-ship for WD (based off of current census data). Some of my former colleague's (Spark's) proposed legislation was on the floor for months, even up to six months iirc in one case, while being in the minority. With the PPT and the administration against this impeachment, the impeachment could be stalled for a long time.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2022, 12:47:12 PM »

Aye. Since the President has said that he is not running for re-election, the PPT is clearly trying to run out the clock for him until a new President swears in.

The next President will not be sworn in until July. What on earth are you talking about?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2022, 01:49:48 PM »

I misspoke. What I meant to say is that the PPT is gumming up the works in the hopes that the next Senate will acquit.

The PPT has consistently brought Senator CB's frivolous amendments to a vote during the impeachment proceedings. Also, in hindsight, the PPT could gum up the works until July given that Atlasia leans significantly to the left so there is a 50-50 or better chance even with the DA against them that the President's allies could retain the PPT-ship for WD (based off of current census data). Some of my former colleague's (Spark's) proposed legislation was on the floor for months, even up to six months iirc in one case, while being in the minority. With the PPT and the administration against this impeachment, the impeachment could be stalled for a long time.

S019 and CB wrote bills last week that reached the floor literally within hours of being posted. I still have bills I posted in February languishing in the queue awaiting floor time.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2022, 04:37:13 PM »

Aye
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2022, 05:05:51 PM »

The next President will not be sworn in until July. What on earth are you talking about?

So why are you trying so hard to obstruct the process?
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2022, 05:35:38 PM »

WB Amendment AYE

CB Amendment NAY
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2022, 09:52:46 PM »

Aye
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2022, 02:58:13 AM »

Aye on WBs amendment
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2022, 04:56:07 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2022, 05:15:09 AM by West_Midlander »

S019 and CB wrote bills last week that reached the floor literally within hours of being posted. I still have bills I posted in February languishing in the queue awaiting floor time.

Right. It's especially obscene to bring bills to the floor out of order since it makes it much easier for bills to be forgotten about, especially opposition bills, but I suppose that is the intention on the part of the PPT.

This is the wrong course of action for our democracy, though, because the PPT doesn't know how members will vote on legislation so preventing the Senate from debating legislation that he doesn't like is akin to the rule of a dictatorial "First Senator" and not an elected PPT.

Furthermore, debate can convince Senators from their original position...I know it has happened to me on a few occasions when I was a Southern Delegate.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2022, 12:34:56 AM »

Why does the south have to prove it isn't bankrupt? If you can't prove it's bankrupt then it isn't.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2022, 12:46:53 AM »

Aye on WB's amendment.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2022, 09:10:03 PM »

Why does the south have to prove it isn't bankrupt? If you can't prove it's bankrupt then it isn't.

I CLEARLY PROVIDED EVIDENCE FROM A SOUTHERN LEADER

WE MUST INVESTIGATE THE INSOLVENCY OF THE SOUTH DUE TO NFT SCAMS
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2022, 03:18:46 AM »

By a vote of 9-1-0-8, WB’s amendment is adopted. Debate resumes
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2022, 03:23:23 AM »

Motion for a Final Vote
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2022, 03:23:47 AM »

Opening a final vote in 24 hours
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2022, 03:30:45 AM »

Proxy for the final vote: AYE
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2022, 08:24:33 AM »

In the leaks PPT Cataline said he was going to count early proxies as abstentions.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2022, 08:31:11 AM »

should we tack on conspiracy here, or should we just move on?
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2022, 08:55:21 AM »

Just move on, get this overwith.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2022, 12:07:24 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2022, 12:15:31 PM by Mr. Revolutionary »

should we tack on conspiracy here, or should we just move on?

Move on.

We can just use the leaks to expel PPT Cataline in the next session.

When, WD, do you mean to cease abusing our patience? How long is that madness of yours still to mock us? When is there to be an end of that unbridled audacity of yours, swaggering about as it does now? Do not the nightly guards placed on the Capitol Hill—do not the watches posted throughout the city—does not the alarm of the people, and the union of all good men—does not the precaution taken of assembling the senate in this most defensible place—do not the looks and countenances of this venerable body here present, have any effect upon you? Do you not feel that your plans are detected? Do you not see that your conspiracy is already arrested and rendered powerless by the knowledge which every one here possesses of it? What is there that you did last night, what the night before— where is it that you were—who was there that you summoned to meet you—what design was there which was adopted by you, with which you think that any one of us is unacquainted?

Shame on the age and on its principles! The senate is aware of these things; the senators see them; and yet this man walka free, aye he comes even into the senate. He takes a part in the public deliberations; he is watching and marking down and checking off for slaughter every individual among us. And we, gallant men that we are, think that we are doing our duty to the republic if we keep out of the way of his frenzied attacks.

You ought, WD, long ago to have been led to conviction. That destruction which you have been long plotting against us ought to have already fallen on your own head.

What? Did not that most illustrious man, NC Yankee, put to impeachment Bore, though but slightly undermining the constitution? And shall we, who are the senators, tolerate WD, openly desirous to destroy the whole world with fire and slaughter?  There was—there was once such virtue in this republic, that brave men would repress mischievous citizens with severer chastisement than the most bitter enemy. For we have planned a resolution of the senate, a formidable and authoritative decree against you, WD; the wisdom of the republic is not at fault, nor the dignity of this senatorial body. We, we alone,—I say it openly, —we, the senate, are waiting in our duty.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2022, 06:00:28 PM »

With OBD’s resignation making this impeachment pointless I move to table this proceeding .

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2022, 06:02:21 PM »

With OBD’s resignation making this impeachment pointless I move to table this proceeding .

In 2015 we continued anyway. Not saying we necessarily should now, just putting it out there.

There was severe abuse of executive power and thus certainly grounds for accountability.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2022, 06:03:42 PM »

In 2015 we continued anyway. Not saying we should now, just putting it out there.

Well unlike with Al it seems like he has resigned in the proper thread and deregistered too
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2022, 06:04:16 PM »

Withdrawing sponsorship since I don’t see a reason to continue this. If someone else wants to take it up you can I guess
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies