SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:08:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: SR 108-24: Articles of Impeachment against President OBD (Convicted)  (Read 3986 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2022, 12:55:06 PM »

Aye
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2022, 06:15:41 PM »

Aye
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2022, 06:36:27 PM »

Aye
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2022, 06:38:02 PM »

That makes 11.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2022, 06:40:44 PM »

AYE
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2022, 12:21:15 AM »

AYE
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2022, 12:33:34 AM »

Final vote on the Articles of Impeachment:

Aye (13): Western Democrat, MB, West Midlander, Kuumo, Ishan, Mr. R, Weatherboy, Joseph Cao, Old School Republican, North Carolina Yankee, DeadPrez, Muad’dib, Discolovante

Nay (0):

Not voting (5): S019, Falterin, Tack, Beesley, CalamityBlue

3/5th of the Senate voting in favor, these Articles of Impeachment are adopted, the Senate proceeds to trial, and the Chief Justice is called to preside of the trial.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2022, 12:28:15 PM »

Aye for the record
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2022, 06:08:27 PM »

NAY, for the record. What OBD did was harmful to the game, yes, but it was not harmful to the forum community at large. I believe the forum community trumps our little community here, as a result, I am still disgusted that nothing has been done about LT who caused very real harm to the forum community. On principle, I just can't support this unless LT's far worse transgressions are sanctioned in some way (ideally his removal as Southern governor).
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2022, 07:07:01 PM »

NAY, for the record. What OBD did was harmful to the game, yes, but it was not harmful to the forum community at large. I believe the forum community trumps our little community here, as a result, I am still disgusted that nothing has been done about LT who caused very real harm to the forum community. On principle, I just can't support this unless LT's far worse transgressions are sanctioned in some way (ideally his removal as Southern governor).

lmao
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2022, 07:07:32 PM »

lmao

Going to present an explanation or will you just randomly praise Mussolini again?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2022, 07:09:45 PM »

lmao

Going to present an explanation or will you just randomly praise Mussolini again?

What's there to explain? Your position on this is a joke considering your role in this.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2022, 07:15:32 PM »

lmao

Imagine saying no one should ever be convicted of a crime again until OJ simpson is double jeopardied.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2022, 07:46:06 PM »

lmao

Imagine saying no one should ever be convicted of a crime again until OJ simpson is double jeopardied.

The difference is that this isn't real life, this is a tiny subset of the Internet located within a much larger, but still minuscule portion of the Internet. The forum at large still trumps Atlasia and thus offenses which consequences for the forum, at large, should be prioritized in being dealt with.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2022, 01:35:38 AM »

Wait, is suburban trying to claim that Atlasian government has authority over the forum at large and should be judged accordingly? Secretly based?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2022, 01:39:07 AM »

Wait, is suburban trying to claim that Atlasian government has authority over the forum at large and should be judged accordingly? Secretly based?

I mean back in the day Atlasia was considered to be forum community inclusive, but we are talking 2004 for that. It wasn't so even in 2008, because a number of community members were never in or were and don't want to be again.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2022, 01:46:18 AM »

I mean back in the day Atlasia was considered to be forum community inclusive, but we are talking 2004 for that. It wasn't so even in 2008, because a number of community members were never in or were and don't want to be again.

Well, we did pass a bill during my administration that declared a forum-wide holiday, so I think it's safe to say at least some of those 2004 powers are still intact.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2022, 01:47:38 AM »

Well, we did pass a bill during my administration that declared a forum-wide holiday, so I think it's safe to say at least some of those 2004 powers are still intact.

I recall raising these concerns at the time. Tongue

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2022, 01:52:25 AM »

Well, too bad.

We now have originalist evidence (the original framers in 2004 seemed intent on creating a 'forum government' this way, and each subsequent constitution has been procedurally built on the last) as well as continual usage (2021 law). The case is clear. Time to overthrow YE and Virginia Smiley)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2022, 10:31:00 AM »

Well, too bad.

We now have originalist evidence (the original framers in 2004 seemed intent on creating a 'forum government' this way, and each subsequent constitution has been procedurally built on the last) as well as continual usage (2021 law). The case is clear. Time to overthrow YE and Virginia Smiley)
Given the state of discourse on the forum right now and what is expected of mods these days, I’m pretty sure they both would willingly hand over power without a fight.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2022, 12:34:15 PM »

Well, too bad.

Given the state of discourse on the forum right now and what is expected of mods these days, I’m pretty sure they both would willingly hand over power without a fight.

Yea, but in the process forcing people who the game who have either never desired to join or left it behind years ago would probably lead to a nasty situation.

What Sestak is ignoring is the evolution of the situation since then, whereby the game evolved to be independent with its own lore, story and such forth and thus separate and distinct from just a "forum mock government" that it started as.

Yes, I am challenging his "originalism" with that of evolving views and interpretations. Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2022, 06:41:55 AM »

Asking unanimous consent to go to a final vote. 24 hours to object.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2022, 12:09:33 PM »

No objection.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine