Tennessee sheriff's deputy forced a woman to get baptized (UPDATE: WOMAN FOUND DEAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:59:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tennessee sheriff's deputy forced a woman to get baptized (UPDATE: WOMAN FOUND DEAD)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tennessee sheriff's deputy forced a woman to get baptized (UPDATE: WOMAN FOUND DEAD)  (Read 762 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2022, 12:28:57 PM »
« edited: April 15, 2022, 12:33:09 PM by Ferguson97 »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 12:32:27 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2022, 06:13:48 PM by Person Man »

This just reminds me of some youtube documentaries that I have been listening to about the 7th and 8th century. This guy is like a Saracen rider converting Roman Egypt and Palestine.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 01:04:14 PM »

Throw him prison for the rest of his life. I support a mandatory minimum sentence of life in prison for cops that abuse their authority, at least until we've purged the bad caps from this nation.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 01:06:08 PM »

What a strange story.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 04:47:30 PM »

This should be an easy termination of employment.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 04:58:59 PM »

I thought Evangelical Christians believed that you have to choose to be baptized not forced like those Catholics.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 05:23:43 PM »

This is beautiful. He should've just taken her to the local waterpark, though.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 05:28:33 PM »

ACAB
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 06:08:07 PM »

Fire his ass.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 06:42:00 PM »

I thought Evangelical Christians believed that you have to choose to be baptized not forced like those Catholics.

Must be a methodist
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2022, 12:32:14 PM »

This woman has been found dead...

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 12:54:02 PM »

According to the article he was indicted on 44 counts including rape and assault. If he is found guilty on most of these I would argue that the death penalty is warranted.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 02:38:26 PM »

According to the article he was indicted on 44 counts including rape and assault. If he is found guilty on most of these I would argue that the death penalty is warranted.

I don't agree with the death penalty, but 44 counts of this (especially as a cop)... just put him away for the rest of his life.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2022, 12:32:58 PM »

One of the worst generalizations out there - yeah, a lot of cops are, but the majority are putting themselves on the line to keep our communities safer - and if you unironically believe that, my high opinion of you falls quite considerably. Anyone who thinks ACAB and is ungrateful for the police should try and actually live in a place without law enforcement and see how that works out for them, or they should actually take some time and see what law enforcement does (pro tip: cops do more than just kill African-Americans). Yes, a lot of them are power-hungry racists, but many are interested in helping keep neighbourhoods safe.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2022, 01:00:48 PM »

One of the worst generalizations out there - yeah, a lot of cops are, but the majority are putting themselves on the line to keep our communities safer - and if you unironically believe that, my high opinion of you falls quite considerably. Anyone who thinks ACAB and is ungrateful for the police should try and actually live in a place without law enforcement and see how that works out for them, or they should actually take some time and see what law enforcement does (pro tip: cops do more than just kill African-Americans). Yes, a lot of them are power-hungry racists, but many are interested in helping keep neighbourhoods safe.

One of my in-laws is a retired cop.  In a conversation about 15 years ago, when she was still on the force, she told me that 15% of cops were heroes, 15% were scum (racists, power freaks, etc.), and the other 70% were ordinary people trying to do their job as best they could.  She put herself in the last category.  When she retired 5 years ago, she said that the proportion of scum had been steadily increasing over the years.  It was one of the reasons (not the only one) that she decided to retire.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2022, 01:10:35 PM »

One of my in-laws is a retired cop.  In a conversation about 15 years ago, when she was still on the force, she told me that 15% of cops were heroes, 15% were scum (racists, power freaks, etc.), and the other 70% were ordinary people trying to do their job as best they could.  She put herself in the last category.  When she retired 5 years ago, she said that the proportion of scum had been steadily increasing over the years.  It was one of the reasons (not the only one) that she decided to retire.

Her assessment seems about right. I just find the idea of generalizing on a large group of people based on the actions of a few of them wrong, especially when it leads to a very negative perception of a group where the vast majority are good people who are doing good things.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2022, 01:53:18 PM »

15%CAB
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2022, 01:57:38 PM »

This woman has been found dead...

As if this story couldn't get any more wild.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2022, 02:08:26 PM »

The small number of power hungry racists would be almost irrelevant if the rest of the officers actually intervened when they saw their fellow officers assaulting citizens.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies