Science has debunked the rules of religion.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:50:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Science has debunked the rules of religion.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Science has debunked the rules of religion.  (Read 1341 times)
James Monroe

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2022, 11:48:11 AM »

Makes you wonder how people could still be trick into buying a Pozzi scheme that is the leader of the destruction of the human race. People sincerely buy into a Young Earth, literal scripture, denying evolution. Some folks will say I'm being just a neckbeard price about this but when a good deal of the population buys into lies, and religion is a lie, how could people be more critical thinkers and separate reality from fantasy?

We need to improve science classes in our schools before the Taliban Christian Nationalists take over our public schools.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 12:15:29 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2022, 12:23:13 PM by Mopolis »

Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 it an 8/8
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 12:26:31 PM »

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 12:41:33 PM »

Talking of blind faith in something you don't even begin to understand, a number of those points there are not remotely true.
James Monroe

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 12:54:13 PM »

Talking of blind faith in something you don't even begin to understand, a number of those points there are not remotely true.

How would that make it so? You can make all logical claims many of the fields of science and mathematics have shown religion to be a fallacy scam machine that preys on the weak-minded.

We have carbon foot prints and other scientific data to know Creationism is false. We can know the power of prayer has been proven to nothing by looking at the world, with many other people doing the same activity in their spare time or at church. The study of religion is a human trait that has been agreed upon by Anthropologists who know it was a way of ignorant people knowledge of the universe when science was not in place to understand the world they'd lived in.  The concept of religion is just Caveman thinking that is still practiced by people who have guidance to knowledge but instead to continue to thinking in primitive terms. Nora Flood can be disproven through all the flood stories of the time and the impossible conclusions of the story itself.

When your principles are guided by reason you should absolutely have the right to be outraged by the inconsistencies and false promises told by the nine million religions in the world.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 01:05:02 PM »

I see a lot of anti-atheist groupthink from many members of Atlas.
Instead of trying to debunk atheist arguments many simply attack the messenger, thinking
that by doing so they have won the argument.

When a member of one religion critiques another religion that is somehow ok.
If an atheist critiques religion somehow that is being intolerant and even bigoted.
Religion is holy and must never be questioned.

edit: also if atheism is true, wouldn't that make religion false?
If the truth sets you free, it is only logical to conclude that falsity will (or at least can) hurt you.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 01:08:29 PM »

How would that make it so? You can make all logical claims many of the fields of science and mathematics have shown religion to be a fallacy scam machine that preys on the weak-minded.

We have carbon foot prints and other scientific data to know Creationism is false. We can know the power of prayer has been proven to nothing by looking at the world, with many other people doing the same activity in their spare time or at church. The study of religion is a human trait that has been agreed upon by Anthropologists who know it was a way of ignorant people knowledge of the universe when science was not in place to understand the world they'd lived in.  The concept of religion is just Caveman thinking that is still practiced by people who have guidance to knowledge but instead to continue to thinking in primitive terms. Nora Flood can be disproven through all the flood stories of the time and the impossible conclusions of the story itself.

When your principles are guided by reason you should absolutely have the right to be outraged by the inconsistencies and false promises told by the nine million religions in the world.

The “scientific and mathematical claims” of any religion are the least important things about it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 01:11:39 PM »

"Religion" as a category all of which can be "proven" or "disproven" with the same set of arguments is, of course, nonsense. A centenarian Zen nun living halfway up a mountain in Tōhoku has absolutely no reason to care whether or not a six-day creation has been disproven to the satisfaction of Bob the Hobby Lobby shift leader.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 01:36:28 PM »

Why are you all engaging?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 02:43:46 AM »

This man has bought many shares in the Ponzi schemes of "critical thinking" and "reality".
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 09:40:52 PM »

maybe this is just what the extradimensional demonic entities that rule our universe want u to think tho

they dont want u to know that its all and endless cycle of suffering
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2022, 08:54:15 PM »

lol
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2022, 11:03:00 PM »

maybe this is just what the extradimensional demonic entities that rule our universe want u to think tho

they dont want u to know that its all and endless cycle of suffering
An endless cycle of suffering is how reincarnation sounds to me.. it doesn't seem to be an idea that would appeal to most people
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2022, 09:03:07 AM »

Lol there wasn't any Adam and Eve Dinosaur we're here and originated and Africa and adapted to Environment like Alligator, Sharks, Fish and Birds as we did, thru IceAges  from Blk Lucy, to Hebrew and Celtic Cavemen and Asian and Latinos

Blk Sudanese Pharoahs light skinned married Hebrew Queens and created the Arab race we're all related

Whites were Cavemen that developed as Hebrews and CELTS and Asians and Latinos in Europe, we are midgets before 1900 we were 5ft 5in and lived til 65 now we're not midgets and live to age 80 midget is 5ft 2 similar to 5ft 5

We both Celts and Africans are midgets because we develop from the Apes Apes 48 and Humans 46 Chromosomes a Jr Chimp that's the story of evolution
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2022, 11:43:06 AM »

*doffs fedora*
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2022, 12:34:08 PM »

The irony, of course, is that James Monroe is a conspiracy theorist and thus one of the most religiously-minded people on this site.
James Monroe

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2022, 01:02:38 PM »

The irony, of course, is that James Monroe is a conspiracy theorist and thus one of the most religiously-minded people on this site.

Name one conspiracy theory I promoted on this platform? Was it that Prescott Bush intervene with the Nazis? That is a proven information as evident by the reporting in The Guardian. My promotion of the Venus Project? Nothing that I have said has ever been in the realm of conspiracy, just simple facts that dare to challenge the status quo.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2022, 02:17:52 PM »

Name one conspiracy theory I promoted on this platform? Was it that Prescott Bush intervene with the Nazis? That is a proven information as evident by the reporting in The Guardian. My promotion of the Venus Project? Nothing that I have said has ever been in the realm of conspiracy, just simple facts that dare to challenge the status quo.

Opinion of the Zeitgeist series? That series has changed my life for how it expose the fallacy behind the monetary system. Moving Forward was my favorite installment of the series, with Zeitgeist Addendum being a runner up. The first installment is not part of the Zeitgeist canon and the 9/11 segment is randomly thrown in for filmmaking sake.

Zeitgeist is a series of three documentary films released between 2007 and 2011 that present a number of conspiracy theories
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 10:26:20 PM »

Fake news
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 10:40:28 PM »

Makes ya think!!
James Monroe

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2022, 02:51:00 PM »

Opinion of the Zeitgeist series? That series has changed my life for how it expose the fallacy behind the monetary system. Moving Forward was my favorite installment of the series, with Zeitgeist Addendum being a runner up. The first installment is not part of the Zeitgeist canon and the 9/11 segment is randomly thrown in for filmmaking sake.

Zeitgeist is a series of three documentary films released between 2007 and 2011 that present a number of conspiracy theories

Watch the sequels before you dismissed the trilogy as being conspiracy driven. Drives me nuts many sensible people think the series is all sorts of fallacy as anti-semitic or right-wing. The arguments outlined from Peter Joseph is a move from the old fashion ways of the monetary system. The call for eliminating currency is a radical proposal that mainstream people don't want, not especially for a libertarian like you who prefer returning to the gold standard. If you do not want to waste your time watching the documentaries check out the podcast which goes deep detailed in the Zeitgeist Movement  philosophy.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2022, 03:22:27 PM »

Watch the sequels before you dismissed the trilogy as being conspiracy driven. Drives me nuts many sensible people think the series is all sorts of fallacy as anti-semitic or right-wing. The arguments outlined from Peter Joseph is a move from the old fashion ways of the monetary system. The call for eliminating currency is a radical proposal that mainstream people don't want, not especially for a libertarian like you who prefer returning to the gold standard. If you do not want to waste your time watching the documentaries check out the podcast which goes deep detailed in the Zeitgeist Movement  philosophy.

Regardless of whether the conspiracies outlined in those films are true, the movement is objectively "conspiracy driven." It posits that:

1) 9/11 was an inside job,
2) Pearl Harbor was orchestrated by the international banking system,
3) The government wants to implant chips in our brains,
4) Jesus was fabricated rather than an actual historical figure,
5) The world is controlled by a financial elite deliberately orchestrating debt slavery, and
6) The globalist elites want to consolidate NAFTA into a single country.

These aren't just conspiracy theories. They're the archetypical conspiracy theories-- the classics, if you will. If you want to try to argue that any of this is true, go ahead, but claiming that these ideas are "not conspiracy driven" is simply a lie. These are theories about conspiracies. If you believe any of them, you are a conspiracy theorist. Own up to it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2022, 05:15:58 PM »

They believed the workd was flat and science didn't exist until Christopher Columbus and there were no Ice Ages we mutated thru the Ice Ages and adapted to our Environment just like the Donosaurs

Albino is a mutation and slanted eyes as the man went to colder climates his skinned changed to albino and had slanted eyes that's how whites became red skinned and Asians and Latinos became yellow skin and Blks are brown skinned
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2022, 06:52:32 PM »

Has the universe always existed?
Will it exist forever?
Is the universe infinitely big?

Can science answer these questions?
Can religion?

These are the kind of really big questions to ponder and certainly ones I spend time thinking about. Does that make me a geek?
James Monroe

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2022, 06:55:57 PM »

Watch the sequels before you dismissed the trilogy as being conspiracy driven. Drives me nuts many sensible people think the series is all sorts of fallacy as anti-semitic or right-wing. The arguments outlined from Peter Joseph is a move from the old fashion ways of the monetary system. The call for eliminating currency is a radical proposal that mainstream people don't want, not especially for a libertarian like you who prefer returning to the gold standard. If you do not want to waste your time watching the documentaries check out the podcast which goes deep detailed in the Zeitgeist Movement  philosophy.

Regardless of whether the conspiracies outlined in those films are true, the movement is objectively "conspiracy driven." It posits that:

1) 9/11 was an inside job,
2) Pearl Harbor was orchestrated by the international banking system,
3) The government wants to implant chips in our brains,
4) Jesus was fabricated rather than an actual historical figure,
5) The world is controlled by a financial elite deliberately orchestrating debt slavery, and
6) The globalist elites want to consolidate NAFTA into a single country.

These aren't just conspiracy theories. They're the archetypical conspiracy theories-- the classics, if you will. If you want to try to argue that any of this is true, go ahead, but claiming that these ideas are "not conspiracy driven" is simply a lie. These are theories about conspiracies. If you believe any of them, you are a conspiracy theorist. Own up to it.

All of those theories come from the first installment of the series.  If you bother to research you know the other two films have nothing to do with the present theories. This is a problem within the mainstream corporate media, they fabricate stuff like the above comment to smear groups who dare to seek a challenge to their prevailing worldview. News Corp, Comcast, and Disney wants to distract you with sensational news to make you believe you have no control of changing the world, because why bother when a bunch of multibillionaires dictate the outcomes of elections year in year out. This is the synopsis for the second film in the series, sounds nothing conspiracy related.

The film begins and ends with excerpts from a speech by Jiddu Krishnamurti. The remainder of the film is narrated by Peter Joseph and divided into four parts, which are prefaced by on-screen quotations from Krishnamurti, John Adams, Bernard Lietaer, and Thomas Paine, respectively.

Part I covers the process of fractional-reserve banking as illustrated in Modern Money Mechanics, by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. The film suggests that society is manipulated into economic slavery through debt-based monetary policies by requiring individuals to submit for employment in order to pay off their debt.

Part II has an interview with John Perkins, author of Confessions of an Economic Hitman, who says he was involved in the subjugation of Latin American economies by multinational corporations and the United States government, including involvement in the overthrow of Latin American heads-of-state. Perkins sees the US as a corporatocracy, in which maximization of profits is the first priority.

Part III introduces futurist Jacque Fresco and The Venus Project and asserts a need to move away from current socioeconomic paradigms. Fresco states that capitalism perpetuates the conditions it claims to address, as problems are only solved if there is money to be made. The film looks at Fresco's proposal of a resource-based economy, which puts environmental friendliness, sustainability and abundance as fundamental societal goals. He goes on to discuss technology which he sees as the primary driver of human advancement, and he describes politics as being unable to solve any problems.

Part IV suggests that the primary reason for what the film sees as society's social values ("warfare, corruption, oppressive laws, social stratification, irrelevant superstitions, environmental destruction, and a despotic, socially indifferent, profit oriented ruling class") is a collective ignorance of "the emergent and symbiotic aspects of natural law". The film advocates the following actions for achieving social change: boycotting of the most powerful banks in the Federal Reserve System, the major news networks, the military, energy corporations, all political systems; and joining, and supporting The Zeitgeist Movement.

Even a critic from the New York Times of all freaking papers came with the same notion of the film being absent of conspiracy minded material.

Alan Feuer of The New York Times noted that while the first film was famous for alleging that the attacks of September 11 were an inside job, the second, "was all but empty of such conspiratorial notions, directing its rhetoric and high production values toward posing a replacement for the evils of the banking system and a perilous economy of scarcity and debt".
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies