Your thoughts on Biden's handling of the Ukraine situation?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:52:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Your thoughts on Biden's handling of the Ukraine situation?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Your thoughts on how Biden has been handling the Ukraine war?
Too much

Too little

Just right

Biden should put boots on the ground and/or enforce a no fly zone, even if it risks nuclear war

Biden should work with other NATO countries to completely ban Russia from SWIFT and other western companies and give Ukraine more equipment

Biden should do both

Biden should do neither and I'm satisfied with his current response

Yes and I already think he should, Putin needs to be defeated as soon as possible and I'm ready to deal with the consequences

Yes, but I'd only support going nuclear if there's truly no other options

No, Biden should not strike first under any circumstances

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Your thoughts on Biden's handling of the Ukraine situation?  (Read 437 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2022, 10:07:31 AM »

There's three parts to this question.

Question #1: Has Biden done too much, too little or has done just the right amount to help Ukraine?

#1: Too much

#2: Too little

#3: Just right

Question #2: If you personally believe Biden has had an underwhelming response to the crisis, what more do you think he should be doing?

#4: Biden should put boots on the ground and/or enforce a no fly zone, even if it risks nuclear war

#5: Biden should work with other NATO countries to completely ban Russia from SWIFT and other western companies and give Ukraine more equipment

#6: Biden should do both

#7: Biden should do neither and I'm satisfied with his current response

Question #3: Do you ever think Biden should go nuclear? If so, when should he?

#8: Yes and I already think he should, Putin needs to be defeated as soon as possible and I'm ready to deal with the consequences

#9: Yes, but I'd only support going nuclear if there's truly no other options

#10: No, Biden should not strike first under any circumstances
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 03:57:42 PM »

Stay the course; direct intervention should remain off the table under all circumstances.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 11:09:29 PM »

Increase the amount of equipment we're giving Ukraine. Otherwise completely approve of the way he's handling it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 07:17:04 AM »

Given current circumstances, Biden is doing a good job.

With Ukraine holding their own, its hard to justify releasing the hounds. The Bucha thing does raise another point about the need for a "red line" and if WMDs start to be used in Ukraine or if Ukraine looks like they are about to lose, he should release the hounds (intervene directly). I will go so far to say that if he allows Russia to conquer Ukraine, I probably vote Republican in 2024 if Trump is not the Republican and if he allows Russia to go unpunished past a certain point, he probably loses re-election just on that.

The nuclear situation isn't going to happen. I'd rather NATO conduct a combined agency action to kill Putin than there be a preemptive strike. There just isn't a need for it given how Russians have conducted their war so far. If Putin does use a tactical nuclear weapon, his convoys and supporting airbases to the invasion should be attacked by nuclear weapons. If he uses nuclear weapons against civilian target, that deserves the ultimate sanction as has been discussed here several times.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 09:39:24 PM »

I think Biden has done remarkably well.

Just enough military aid in the background to help Ukraine get on a winning run. Ukrainians clearly deserve 99% of the credit for their success, but clearly the US is giving them intelligence from above.

Biden is also appearing to stay out of the situation to keep the US happy.

The World has formed a coalition against Russia and Biden has helped champion that.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies