2022 French legislatives (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:50:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2022 French legislatives (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2022 French legislatives  (Read 40708 times)
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« on: May 03, 2022, 04:22:22 AM »

The Parti Radical de Gauche have rejected any alliance with LFI saying that Europe and the Republic are non-negotiable. Logical decision.
Somehow I doubt Mélenchon is going to lose any sleep over losing this particular bunch of fraudsters and losers.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 02:00:02 PM »

'NUPES'. Jesus, and I thought 'Belle Alliance populaire' was silly.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 05:19:46 AM »

What's this about the Interior Ministry not allowing the name NUPES to appear on the ballot and counting all the left-wing parties' results separately instead? Does Mélenchon have an actual complaint here or did he just screw up the paperwork?
Heat
Poland

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 01:15:58 PM »

Interesting that RN doesn't seem to have been overestimated in the polls then. They very much were in 2017.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 04:24:51 PM »

Valérie Rabault, PS incumbent in Tarn-et-Garonne-2. Leads with 33.3%, runoff against RN (22.4%). President of the PS group in the National Assembly since 2018, claims to have refused the prime ministership in May. Officially labelled as NUPES by the MOI, but basically dis-endorsed by LFI and the PCF, who refused to support her. She did not use the NUPES logo in her campaign lit or posters, but did use the V in her first name stylized exactly like the V in the NUPES logo...
Do you know why this happened? Everything I can find seems paywalled.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 01:05:48 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2022, 01:13:20 PM by ms. yung globalist »

Very bad, but probably not unsurprising when the FN's strong performance in round 1 had already shown they seemed to be getting better at turning their vote out in legislatives. Will definitely be interesting to see if they overperformed in run-offs against NUPES, especially seeing as Mélenchon seemed to go full hippie/FREE ASSANGE in the last week in a way that I can't imagine was necessarily the most appealing to the sort of voters who decide those run-offs.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 02:13:54 PM »

The thing about the French left - and this isn't just a Mélenchon thing, even if that may not help with a lot of people - is that it has so few recent positive achievements and so many black marks on its record that it's gotten to the point where you can say literally anything bad about it and lots of people will happily believe you. This is how the 'islamo-gauchisme' smear stuck so well and Macron wouldn't have been able to toxify NUPES to the extent his voters are willing to go for the FN over them in large numbers if it weren't the case.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2022, 04:44:06 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2022, 04:47:58 PM by ms. yung globalist »

All those clickbaity nonsense polls right after the presidential election with those striking 33-33-33 splits or whatever... actually had kind of a point? There is a possibility now that France ends up with a three-bloc system where large numbers of each bloc's voters completely despise the others. Needless to say, this isn't the sort of situation the two-round system was designed for. We just need LREM and LR to finally consummate their natural alliance already and to see what happens with PS and EELV now.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 05:41:53 PM »

Outside of a few delirious months in 2017 I've never actually seen Jean-Luc Mélenchon as the saviour of the French left, but I can see why the people who do, do. He's probably one of the most powerful and inspiring speakers in Western politics today, even if I think he's using those talents to sell a load of crap for ultimately self-serving goals (not that that's unusual for French politicians...) - it's not hard to see why, with the PS of old dead, he's going to have a grip over the majority of the French left for as long as he wants it.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2022, 06:10:29 AM »

Is there any chance of the other parties under the Macronist specter betraying Dear Leader or are all of them basically non-entities?

Horizons is the personal vehicle of Edouard Philippe and there are definitely rumours that Macron's political vehicle were very reluctant to give the ex-PM a political space. I highly doubt they leave the majority but they follow their own Dear Leader, not Macron's inner circle.
Macron doesn't seem to have noticed he can't run in 2027.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022, 04:30:08 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2022, 04:34:09 PM by ms. yung globalist »

meanwhile the Nupes intergroup designed Eric Coquerel (LFI) as their candidate over Valérie Rabault (PS)
Oh, did they now. Of course Rabault could actually win a vote, so there's no martyrdom to be found there.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 01:13:24 PM »

I guess 33% less rapists in government is an improvement...
Macron is the real progressive, which is why he's aiming for net zero rapist ministers by 2030.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies