At what point on election night did you realize Hillary Clinton lost
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:55:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  At what point on election night did you realize Hillary Clinton lost
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: At what point on election night did you realize Hillary Clinton lost  (Read 1324 times)
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2022, 12:55:28 AM »
« edited: April 05, 2022, 01:06:58 AM by Da2017 »

For me the first sign of trouble was Virginia taking a long time to call. Shortly before California was called I thought it was over.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 01:31:58 AM »

In terms of Virginia, it should be noted that an article was published on Election Night which indicated that the usual Election Night reporting pattern for this state was for the Republican candidate to lead in the early count before the Democratic candidate chips away and eventually overtakes the Republican candidate after Northern VA and the Richmond metro area report their returns. On that basis, I wasn't too worried about VA; however, it was around 9:30 pm when the NYT prediction needle suddenly indicated that Trump was on track to win - and it later shifted further and further in that direction (and Wisconsin being called from Trump essentially sealed the deal).
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 01:34:22 PM »

Once FL was declared Trump as it was after that point that the "blue wall's" cracks started to show.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 01:39:40 PM »

Just in case the timestamp link doesn't work: I mean the timestamp at 4:06:20.

sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 04:34:35 PM »

I was in total blackout on the news until the Flyers game ended. They were playing the Red Wings with a late start for a weeknight between 2 EST teams and the game ran a bit past 10:30 because it went to a shootout.

Typically in PA the Philly metro reports the fastest when polls close and then returns come in from the rural areas. By the time I flipped over to CNN enough of it had already come in to where she was probably gonna lose PA which in turn meant HRC's campaign was shot. WI/MI were stunners but everyone and their mother knew PA was gonna be close, it always is. There's a reason it was the GOP's great white whale for so long.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 06:18:55 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2022, 05:07:54 PM by Interlocutor »

I was volunteering at my election precinct and would check the news every half-hour or so. It kinda came in waves. First it was 'Trump crushing it in rural Indiana/Kentucky', then 'Trump doing better than expected in Ohio', then 'Hillary doing worse than expected in Florida', culiminating with 'Trump on route to winning Pennsylvania & Wisconsin/Michigan in doubt'. By that point, it fully sank in.

It was dark at this point and polls weren't closed yet. So in short, sometime around 6:30-7 PM PST (9:30-10 PM EST)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 08:55:20 PM »

When Ron Johnson was declared the winner in WI. Trump was still leading in the state by 3-4 points at the time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies