Help feed Ukrainian refugees by playing video games
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:50:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Help feed Ukrainian refugees by playing video games
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help feed Ukrainian refugees by playing video games  (Read 408 times)
Boobs
HCP
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2022, 07:22:08 AM »

Humble Bundle link here.

I assume the Paradox catalog of games is rather popular on Atlas, so if you’ve yet to dip your toes into the Europa Universalis IV game, or do not have all of the DLCs associated with it, there is a great deal going on right now, with all DLC from the first up to Leviathan being included in this bundle for $20 / 18€ / £15.

Even better, the proceeds of your purchase will go toward World Central Kitchen’s operations feeding refugees who fled Ukraine during the current invasion.

I personally recommend you adjust your donation to maximize the amount going to charity:

Happy Gaming
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 08:05:32 AM »

Nice Boobs.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 08:11:54 AM »

Nice move from Paradox.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 05:47:50 PM »

Consooooom! More! Product!

Lots of other, less self-serving ways to help Ukrainians.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 06:13:32 PM »

Why are you like this?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 08:22:48 PM »

The irony is that you can buy it and start a war against Russia (or Muscovy in the beginning). If only more people had this game, perhaps they wouldn't start a war in real life... as leader of a country.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 10:01:59 PM »

And nothing is stopping you from doing them as well. If you’re going to try to take a potshot at me, don’t f**cking miss.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 12:38:50 PM »

I did the opposite and gave $20 to Paradox to support capitalism.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 07:29:48 PM »

Wtf

Better this than nothing!

If people gonna play games anyway, might as well put their money towards a worthy cause. This is literally capitalism working well to the benefit of multiple parties. What’s with the cynicism? Not like this is mutually exclusive with other ways to help.

I will never understand people who get so blinded by cynicism and narrow-minded ideologies they lwt it get in the way of pragmatism.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 07:32:50 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2022, 07:42:39 PM by Postmodernism Delenda Est »

Wtf

If people gonna play games anyway, might as well put their money towards a worthy cause. This is literally capitalism working well to the benefit of multiple parties. What’s with the cynicism? Not like this is mutually exclusive with other ways to help.

I will never understand people who get so blinded by cynicism and narrow-minded ideologies they lwt it get in the way of pragmatism.

I suffered from video game addiction for years (8+ hours a day, completely took over my life). I've had a very dim view of gaming ever since, and I know enough other recovered (and unrecovered) gaming addicts to know it's common. It's one of the most horrifyingly effective of the many types of Skinner box that modern consumer culture has unleashed on society.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 08:38:48 PM »

This is really cool! I highly recommend this.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 08:39:48 PM »

Wtf

I suffered from video game addiction for years (8+ hours a day, completely took over my life). I've had a very dim view of gaming ever since, and I know enough other recovered (and unrecovered) gaming addicts to know it's common. It's one of the most horrifyingly effective of the many types of Skinner box that modern consumer culture has unleashed on society.
Listen gaming addiction is a real thing…and I do understand while you feel so strongly about it.

We absolutely need more research into the disorder and also the underlying factors which predispose on to it, like like other addictions such as alcohol or tobacco.

However, I strongly disagree with your assessment that videogames are inherently terrible, they actually have provided new friends and opportunities for me personally, and tbh they did help me get through tough times mentally. Everyone’s experience is different, and yours is 100% valid and I am so glad you have recovered, but I do think your views may be (understandably so) biased.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2022, 08:49:54 PM »

Wtf

I am deeply affected by your plight, and it reminds me of a dark time in my own life. Several years ago, I fell into the pit of addiction to Cheez-It® Extra Toasty Snack Crackers, a Kellogg Company product. It started with just one. It's always just one.

But soon, I needed more.  I bought one box, thinking it would tide me over till the cravings passed. One box turned into two. Two turned into four. Soon, the floor of my room was littered with empty, slightly greasy Cheez-It® Extra Toasty Snack Crackers boxes, meticulously picked of every crumb. It was never enough. Even as I hid my addiction in plain sight from my friends and family, I spent every moment in agony, my body wracked by desire.

The credit card bill came in on the 2nd. I waded through the piles of empty boxes to the letter. As I read the statement, my face blanched. I had spent my life's savings on Cheez-It® Extra Toasty Snack Crackers. I went to my family in tears. Nothing was ever the same after that. Even my friends tried to hide it, but I could tell. I could always tell, behind the expressions of pity. They saw me for who I was, my cheeks forever covered in Cheez-It® Extra Toasty Snack Crackers crumbs, a Kellogg Company product.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies