California election results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:54:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California election results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California election results  (Read 5434 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2006, 04:07:13 AM »

72.5% reporting statewide. Looking at which counties have what to report, it looks like I can call the races. There are still a lot absentees, but it probably won't change anything.

Gov: Schwarzenegger (R) wins 57-38
Lt. Gov: Garamendi (D) wins 48.7-45.8
Sec. of state: Bowen (D) wins 47.6-45.7
Controller: Chiang (D) wins 50-41
Treasuer: Lockyer(D) wins 54-37
Attorney Genera: Jerry Brown (D) wins 56-39
Insurance Commissioner: Poizner (R) wins 51-38
Senator: Feinstein won 59-36

As expected the RINO won the Insurance Commissioner race. Poizner gave money to Gore and Kerry.

Props:
1 A - E the bond props all pass
83 - sex offender landslides
84 - water gets 53.3%
85 - parental notification gets about the same as last time, 46.1%
86 - cigarette tax gets 47.4%
87 - alternative energy gets 44.7%, sigh
88 - regressive education tax loses horribly
89 - campaign finance fund gets 25% - i guess californians like dirty elections
90 - horrible eminent domain trojan gets 47.8%

Let's make fun of all the counties that voted for Prop. 90.

skybridge
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:45:54 AM »

What were the Dems thinking in this one, running one of the most boring people imaginable against Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 03:51:44 PM »

You know Angelides did bad when Arnold gets nearly 30% of the vote in San Francisco county.

Overall, very disappointed in this election. We let this one slip away, especially with all the momentum we had a year ago.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 12:12:01 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2006, 12:17:13 AM by jfern »

What were the Dems thinking in this one, running one of the most boring people imaginable against Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Given the size of the victory, I'm not sure we could have won the governor race. The Insurance Commissioner race is different, a lot of liberals voted for the RINO (Poizner) over the terrible candidate (Bustamante). Bustamante is finished politically.
skybridge
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 01:52:55 AM »

Given the size of the victory, I'm not sure we could have won the governor race. The Insurance Commissioner race is different, a lot of liberals voted for the RINO (Poizner) over the terrible candidate (Bustamante). Bustamante is finished politically.

I didn't follow this race that closely but I knew running someone COMPLETELY uninspiring against Arnold Schwarzenegger would fail. Then again, rewarding a Republican for admitting to making a mistake and then trying to fix it by reaching out to the opposition might send a good message to the rest of the party, as this article states: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15620299/site/newsweek/from/ET/
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 02:15:49 AM »

Jfern,

When is Boxer's senate seat up for grabs? And how decent or poor of a chance do you think Arnie has of taking it?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 02:21:07 AM »

Jfern,

When is Boxer's senate seat up for grabs? And how decent or poor of a chance do you think Arnie has of taking it?

NEVER!

Haha, she's up again in 2010.
Anyways, I think California is a lot more willing to elect Republicans as governor than to US Senate. A similar situation is in Rhode Island, moderate Chafee lost 47-53 while his party retained the governorship 51-49.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 02:24:03 AM »

Jfern,

NEVER!

Anyways, I think California is a lot more willing to elect Republicans as governor than to US Senate. A similar situation is in Rhode Island, moderate Chafee lost 47-53 while his party retained the governorship 51-49.

I assume the never was in reference to my Kentucky comment anyways...FINE THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT, I NEVER WANTED THAT GARBAGE ANYWAYS!

Right now, as opposed to 2005, it seems Arnie's able to over come his R disadvantage...dunno how long that would last, but how close do you think it would be in a typical year (not counting a GOP year nationally like say 02 or 94, or a Dem year like well...06...where Chafee just got well...screwed by GW Bush)...
skybridge
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 02:25:42 AM »

Jfern,

NEVER!

I assume the never was in reference to my Kentucky comment anyways...FINE THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT, I NEVER WANTED THAT GARBAGE ANYWAYS!

Right now, as opposed to 2005, it seems Arnie's able to over come his R disadvantage...dunno how long that would last, but how close do you think it would be in a typical year (not counting a GOP year nationally like say 02 or 94, or a Dem year like well...06...where Chafee just got well...screwed by GW Bush)...

He could probably do well, but Arnie wouldn't want legislative work. He's too much of an executive.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 02:29:22 AM »

Jfern,

NEVER!

He could probably do well, but Arnie wouldn't want legislative work. He's too much of an executive.

Vell, somebody must march into Vashington, and stomp some sense into those politicans and terminate partisanship. Somebody must show some muscle and start the rise of the machinery to remove the constitutional rule against allowing non natrual cybor...alien...err...non US born citizens to be supreme lead...president.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 02:43:54 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2006, 02:45:25 AM by jfern »

Parental notification redux ran 1.4 points worse this time.
Not popular in those rural mormon counties, of course.

2005:

2006:
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 02:54:02 AM »

Mormon...you mean Mono and Alpine?  Can you explain that for a tired and medicated person? Tongue
Rural Radical
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 05:26:36 PM »

Arnies a RINO Really though?

I always wondered why he became a Republican when you look at his wifes family.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 05:49:42 PM »

Mormon...you mean Mono and Alpine?  Can you explain that for a tired and medicated person? Tongue

Obviously rural mormon counties are strongly against parental notification. Isn't that obvious?

Arnies a RINO Really though?

I always wondered why he became a Republican when you look at his wifes family.

Poizner is a RINO, not Arnold.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 10:39:36 PM »

What was so bad about Prop 90? I assumed it involved other things than just protection from eminent domain abuse.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 05:28:54 AM »

What was so bad about Prop 90? I assumed it involved other things than just protection from eminent domain abuse.

It also had clauses that would have potentially made it difficult for government to have any regulation of business... because those regulations theoretically cause economic damage that would require some type of restitution.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 05:35:28 AM »

No, more like Modoc and Lassen (i.e., the far Northeast corner of the state).  Mono County (Mammoth Lakes) has been inundated with ski bums so it voted against the proposition. 

Alpine County (the roundish county just below the bend) doesn't count either because normally it seems to almost always go very narrowly for the more liberal position and on this issue, it was one of the most heavily against the anti-abortion bill (probably because of an utter lack of a Latino population) and, perhaps, a ski village, a high concentration of forest rangers, or a brothel or something...
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 06:30:38 AM »

Can you post a Prop 87 map?
RBH

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 02:01:49 PM »