Let me get this over with, guys.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:59:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Let me get this over with, guys.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Let me get this over with, guys.  (Read 4745 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 01:31:52 PM »

Two words: Terry Schiavo.

Had Casey stood up and even said, "I'm pro-life, but the government shouldn't interfere with state matters," he would have gotten my vote.

And yes, I voted for Fattah.  I can't believe the GOP leadership covered for Foley.
Choice isnt a state matter.

Conan, Casey thinks abortion should be illegal.  Apparently, he thinks that end of life questions are federal issues and should be regulated by Congress (which Santorum did in Schiavo); at least he didn't come out against the proposition.  You can take the position that you are opposed to Roe v. Wade, i.e. that the states can regulate  abortions and end of life issues, but still say that the federal government should not be involved.

Keep in mind that prior to Roe, one state did permit abortion on demand, NY.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 03:39:45 PM »

At least he can "move" to VA now...

Thank god that Santorum is out of office.  God he was a whackjob and scumbag.  Good for the people of PA to boot his crazy ass out.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 03:46:08 PM »

It is too bad that a decent guy like Santorum loses but a complete Douchebag like Corker wins.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 04:26:14 PM »

phil, i kind of know how you feel.

kerry healey also lost by about 20.  Sad

i hope she has her eyes on ma-06
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 04:59:47 PM »

If he keeps this up he'll be Deputy Mayor of Scranton in no time.

That would be amazing...if Santorum didn't come from the other side of the state.  Wink
Conan
conan

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 05:09:48 PM »

Two words: Terry Schiavo.

Had Casey stood up and even said, "I'm pro-life, but the government shouldn't interfere with state matters," he would have gotten my vote.

And yes, I voted for Fattah.  I can't believe the GOP leadership covered for Foley.
Choice isnt a state matter.

Conan, Casey thinks abortion should be illegal.  Apparently, he thinks that end of life questions are federal issues and should be regulated by Congress (which Santorum did in Schiavo); at least he didn't come out against the proposition.  You can take the position that you are opposed to Roe v. Wade, i.e. that the states can regulate  abortions and end of life issues, but still say that the federal government should not be involved.

Keep in mind that prior to Roe, one state did permit abortion on demand, NY.
Lucky for america nothing regarding to abortion will probably come up to a vote.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 05:31:21 PM »

Phil- good for you! It was tough but you took it well. I was very surprised at the Casey margin of victory. Stay engaged and involved. As for me... if I decide to stay in PA, I am through with politics. With the victory margins yesterday there is no hope for political alternatives.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 06:42:28 PM »

I was unable to watch it on Election night because the TVs were muted at the party. I just watched it and all I have to say is that what you did to this man and his family will never be forgotten. I am not going to go insane on anyone; I just wanted to voice my serious disgust for what has happened to them. To put it nicely, Republicans will see to it that Bob Casey never enjoys another electoral victory for himself in a General election. This will never be forgotten.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 06:49:44 PM »

Phil,

Your devotion to your candidate is admirable.

But this is democracy. You win, you lose.

Now you know how the Democrats have felt for the past 6 years.

Just remember Santorum was flogged... no one saw a 41-59 win. A smear campagin etc etc doesn't stick unless people are willing to let it.

Again, democracy sucks... but you are talking revenge because Santorum's family was upset.... you'd expect them to be happy?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 10:11:12 PM »

I was unable to watch it on Election night because the TVs were muted at the party. I just watched it and all I have to say is that what you did to this man and his family will never be forgotten. I am not going to go insane on anyone; I just wanted to voice my serious disgust for what has happened to them. To put it nicely, Republicans will see to it that Bob Casey never enjoys another electoral victory for himself in a General election. This will never be forgotten.

Phil, you're acting as if Santorum is the only candidate who has ever been unhappy to lose an election.  Seriously man, no one expects you to be happy about it but have you totally forgotten the years of crap which the Republicans have done over the years?

*How about Rush Limbaugh comparing 13 yr old Chelsea Clinton to a dog on national tv?

*How about accusing the Clintons of "murdering" a close friend of theirs who committed suicide?

*How about questioning the patriotism of Max Cleland?

*How about the Karl Rove attacks on John McCain's adopted child?  Notably the push poll which went "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"

*How about leaking Valerie Plame's identity to the Press thereby ending her career and risking the lives of any agents with whom she was the handler?

*How about the 2002 New Hampshire Senate election phone jamming scandal?

As one of the top Republicans in Washington there's no avoiding the fact that Rick Santorum had knowledge of and was complicit in these.  We reap what we soe in life.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 10:15:45 PM »

It's hard being on the losing end of an election.
danwxman

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 10:18:33 PM »

What did Bob Casey do to Santorum that was so horrible? I'm sorry, but Santorum has simply been a far-right douchebag his whole career, and it's finally come to roost with Pennsylvania..and he lost. It's over. I was going to congratulate you on such a gracious way of letting this go but it looks like you've been taken over with Soulty's insanity.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 10:20:24 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2006, 10:22:55 PM by Gabu »

To be fair, what did Bob Casey do?  Win an election?

I'm sorry, but if losing an election upsets Santorum that much... perhaps he shouldn't have been in politics.  Are you saying that the Democrats should have considered Santorum's feelings and try not to unseat him?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2006, 10:21:49 PM »

Yes. How dare he! How dare he let people vote for him!

Angry

(j/k, obviously)
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2006, 10:30:06 PM »

Bravo to you for being graceful even in loss. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2006, 10:30:51 PM »

Again, democracy sucks... but you are talking revenge because Santorum's family was upset.... you'd expect them to be happy?

Uh, no, it's me seeing their reaction and having to think about what he and his family went through. It just reinforced my disgust with Casey and his people.

*How about Rush Limbaugh comparing 13 yr old Chelsea Clinton to a dog on national tv?

*How about accusing the Clintons of "murdering" a close friend of theirs who committed suicide?

*How about questioning the patriotism of Max Cleland?

*How about the Karl Rove attacks on John McCain's adopted child?  Notably the push poll which went "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"

*How about leaking Valerie Plame's identity to the Press thereby ending her career and risking the lives of any agents with whom she was the handler?

*How about the 2002 New Hampshire Senate election phone jamming scandal?

All of those are wrong. I am not denying that for a minute. However, I am focusing on this now for obvious reasons and I don't expect you guys to care.

What did Bob Casey do to Santorum that was so horrible? I'm sorry, but Santorum has simply been a far-right douchebag his whole career, and it's finally come to roost with Pennsylvania..and he lost. It's over. I was going to congratulate you on such a gracious way of letting this go but it looks like you've been taken over with Soulty's insanity.

Casey played his usual games. He never deserved this job. He sat on his ass and won because he played around. He never won on the issues.

I don't need your praise in this case, dan, and don't believe for a second that you would give it to me. I was respectable in voicing my complaints in both of my posts. Now's the time when the usual suspects crawl out and decide to attack but I refuse to get into that now. People tried it earlier and I didn't fall for it so don't think I will now. I have been civil about this and I thank the others that have been civil and haven't tried to throw in their little jabs. Let me simply state that I will work to see that Casey will never win. Let me just get away with that, ok? I didn't say it in a foaming-at-the-mouth attitude. My second post did not deserve a follow up of "Just remember Santorum was flogged" or "Santorum has simply been a far right wing douchebag..."

Now please put this one aside. Be happy with your seat, be happy with your Senate and your House and be happy that you are now pretty much in total control. Good luck.
danwxman

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2006, 10:33:06 PM »

BTW, I don't feel sorry for Santorum's kids one bit...what about the kids crying because their father or mother was killed in Iraq because of the horrible war Santorum has been such a huge proponent of? Santorum's children have such an easy life.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2006, 10:34:16 PM »

I'm sorry, but if losing an election upsets Santorum that much... perhaps he shouldn't have been in politics.  Are you saying that the Democrats should have considered Santorum's feelings and try not to unseat him?

No, not at all, Gabu, and you know that so don't try to put that spin on it. Super and I have referred to the way in which Casey and his staff acted on the campaign trail. I would have been unhappy no matter who defeated Santorum and how they did it but the way Camp Casey acted made it much worse.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2006, 10:47:35 PM »

No, not at all, Gabu, and you know that so don't try to put that spin on it. Super and I have referred to the way in which Casey and his staff acted on the campaign trail. I would have been unhappy no matter who defeated Santorum and how they did it but the way Camp Casey acted made it much worse.

I think you should also try to see the anger on another side of the fence as well.  For instance, Santorum's comments on the h-mos have been pretty visceral over the years.  He has said some hurtful things about people's lifestyles no matter how much you wrap it in morality or values.  A sizeable majority of the voters in Penn. went against this view.  One good turn etc et al...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies