SB 108-05: 32 Hour Workweek Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:11:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 108-05: 32 Hour Workweek Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: SB 108-05: 32 Hour Workweek Act (Passed)  (Read 2030 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2022, 12:50:11 AM »

In any case, Nay. The only people to give numbers have shown why this is a well-meaning but bad idea.

I concur with the Honorable Senator from Lincoln. Nay
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2022, 04:17:37 AM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2022, 05:19:11 AM »

I can't support this without an exemption for small businesses. Nay.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2022, 09:10:14 AM »

Present
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2022, 11:09:20 AM »

nay
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2022, 02:46:37 PM »

Aye
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2022, 02:47:38 PM »

AYE
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2022, 02:48:34 PM »

Aye
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2022, 03:00:36 PM »

Aye
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2022, 03:06:56 PM »

Aye
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2022, 03:47:19 PM »

Aye
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2022, 05:18:44 PM »

Aye
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2022, 09:46:59 AM »

This is poorly intentioned and I can’t support it, NAY
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2022, 10:15:09 AM »

After re-reading this thread, I’m still not convinced, but Reluctant Abstain
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2022, 10:16:31 AM »

By a vote of 7-6-2-2, this bill is passed and goes to the President for his signature or veto
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2022, 10:18:18 AM »

...30 minutes later...

...1 minute later...

By a vote of 7-6-2-2, this bill is passed and goes to the President for his signature or veto

Whipped.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2022, 10:19:16 AM »

AN ACT
To establish a 32 hour workweek

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

Section 1. Title

1. This act may be cited as the 32 Hour Workweek Act.

Section 2

1. No employee shall be required to work more than thirty-two hours a week.

2. Any employee who should voluntarily work more than thirty-two hours in a given a week shall be compensated at 120% of their regular hourly salary for every hour they work after the thirty-second.

Passed 7-6-2-2 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Western Democrat, President Pro Tempore
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2022, 10:20:21 AM »

...30 minutes later...

...1 minute later...

Whipped.

Yeah, not sure why he's in the Labor Party and takes its whip if that's his stance.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2022, 10:23:59 AM »

...30 minutes later...

...1 minute later...

Whipped.

Lol my vote wasn’t decisive. In any case, this is probably poorly thought out, but whatever. Also I don’t care enough about this game to be whipped, I have better things to do with my life. Also I seem to live rent-free in your head, perhaps this vote is a betrayal of my neoliberal principles, but I look forward to your vote to repeal all protective tariffs, oh wait….. Let’s also consider that many of the Third Way figures in history, such as Tony Blair and Francois Hollande did preside over somewhat redistributive governments. Left wing economics is not inconsistent with support for the market. Since this has passed, now the goal has to be to lower operating costs so that businesses can make the same amount of profit, the best way to do this is to lower the price of goods, so I look forward to your support for ending protective tariffs and promoting outsourcing. If you can’t support that, then you frankly, have no leg to stand on.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2022, 10:27:00 AM »

...30 minutes later...

...1 minute later...

Whipped.

Lol my vote wasn’t decisive. In any case, this is probably poorly thought out, but whatever. Also I don’t care enough about this game to be whipped, I have better things to do with my life. Also I seem to live rent-free in your head, perhaps this vote is a betrayal of my neoliberal principles, but I look forward to your vote to repeal all protective tariffs, oh wait….. Let’s also consider that many of the Third Way figures in history, such as Tony Blair and Francois Hollande did preside over somewhat redistributive governments. Left wing economics is not inconsistent with support for the market. Since this has passed, now the goal has to be to lower operating costs so that businesses can make the same amount of profit, the best way to do this is to lower the price of goods, so I look forward to your support for ending protective tariffs and promoting outsourcing. If you can’t support that, then you frankly, have no leg to stand on.

The notion that I need to support neoliberalism to criticize you, a whipped neoliberal, doesn't make sense.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2022, 10:28:11 AM »

...30 minutes later...

...1 minute later...

Whipped.

The notion that I need to support neoliberalism to criticize you, a whipped neoliberal, doesn't make sense.

You still haven’t answered the question. Do you support trade liberalization to lower operating costs?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2022, 10:29:24 AM »

...30 minutes later...

...1 minute later...

Whipped.

You still haven’t answered the question. Do you support trade liberalization to lower operating costs?

I don't know how we got to talking about me but I'm sort of neutral at this point...not as protectionist as I used to be. I don't like outsourcing but I don't really have a problem with free trade among us and our allies.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2022, 10:30:14 AM »

...30 minutes later...

...1 minute later...

Whipped.

I don't know how we got to talking about me but I'm sort of neutral at this point...not as protectionist as I used to be. I don't like outsourcing but I don't really have a problem with free trade among us and our allies.

Who knows, your stance might more in line with the Labor Party than S019's.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2022, 10:31:47 AM »

...30 minutes later...

...1 minute later...

Whipped.

Who knows, your stance might more in line with the Labor Party than S019's.

Ideologically, I could still be a conservative Laborite but I don't like how that party operates.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2022, 11:03:02 AM »

...30 minutes later...

...1 minute later...

Whipped.

If that is your opinion you should support this bill already on the floor that does what you claim you want.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=488474.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies