Any pointers for a new poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:00:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Any pointers for a new poster
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Any pointers for a new poster  (Read 801 times)
WPADEM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2022, 09:39:21 AM »

I'm fairly new to this forum as a poster. But I've been coming here since 2011. I feel that some of my post could use improvement. Does anyone have any suggestions that would improve my contributions here?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 11:53:51 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2022, 06:06:19 PM by Patriot Chairman GregTheGreat657 »

Olawakandi is life
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 11:55:36 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 12:05:49 PM »

If you're angry when you write a post: step away for a few minutes, then re-read it and edit if necessary before hitting Post.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 12:12:40 PM »

1. "FF" means "F**king Fascist." "HP" means "Hilarious Person."
2. If you ask nicely to be a mod on the Q&A board, the mods will grant your request.
3. Whenever you're worried about how the forum is perceiving you, feel free to make a thread asking for our opinion of you. Be sure to include at least five options in the poll and split them up by party affiliation.
4. In threads you make, you should reply to every comment you receive. Doing otherwise is bad manners.
5. "Coolface" was an Atlas legend who is sadly no longer with us. Don't besmirch his good name.
6. If you are ever interested in receiving expert advice or opinions, we have a number of notable professionals on here who are experts in their fields. PM Badger for advice on grammar, BRTD for music, Bronz for race relations, olawakandi for theology and history, PSOL for economics, and ExtremeRepublican for LGBT issues.

I will post more advice as I think of it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 12:39:54 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2022, 12:46:43 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Input my impolite it's a 3o3 map and 303 means not less than 270 but can be as high as 413 because guess what aa we see in Biden Approvals he has a 42/56 Approvals which maybe a 303 map but he is at 47/39 percent against Trump which is largely die to underestimating of Blk and Brown and Female vote

Most females don't make prediction maps if they do they let their boyfriend or brother  make an R nut map on Atlas but on Twitter or Facebook we use our real profile pictures and our views are known

Plus it's another Great Recession and what is the GOP gonna do when they get empowered keep taxes low and appoint conservative judges

Sasse, Murkowski are hypocritical, Sasse voted against finding Ukraine and Murkowski is endangered due to Filibuster of Voting Rights AK isn't safe R until Elvi Gray-Jackson gets Eliminated

I did these same surveys during the Gingrich Revolution I got married white families voters only which vote R, I never got single people, I keep saying it over and over the blue wave including Crist Ryan winning include minorities not a White male election but users especially Rs ignore this and still go by these biased surveys

They're biased just like the exams we take in school, I am in Law school I take difficult exams harder than college , and know that are white male test,  they are different than College because they are made for B average not C average students that's why people don't go to Grad school a B average or you flank our but in Law Schools it's a C average so Blks can become lawyers
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 12:56:28 PM »

Leave and don't come back. You'll thank me for this later.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 02:55:23 PM »

2. If you ask nicely to be a mod on the Q&A board, the mods will grant your request.
3. Whenever you're worried about how the forum is perceiving you, feel free to make a thread asking for our opinion of you. Be sure to include at least five options in the poll and split them up by party affiliation.
4. In threads you make, you should reply to every comment you receive. Doing otherwise is bad manners.
5. "Coolface" was an Atlas legend who is sadly no longer with us. Don't besmirch his good name.
6. If you are ever interested in receiving expert advice or opinions, we have a number of notable professionals on here who are experts in their fields. PM Badger for advice on grammar, BRTD for music, Bronz for race relations, olawakandi for theology and history, PSOL for economics, and ExtremeRepublican for LGBT issues.

-OSR is also good for grammar questions.
-Santander is great for questions about hot-button foreign issues and race relations.
-PSOL is excellent if you have questions about being kind and civil to other posters, avoid PQG for sure.
-RP McNm is unfortunately banned, which is bad since he was truly the best on issues relating to Israel-Palestine.
-OC also has great and unbiased maps.
-SnowLabrador is a Democrat hack and is anti-China.
-I'm of course the resident expert on class relations and am the biggest advocate for the working class, particularly poor Whites.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 09:02:37 PM »

Adhere to the ToS.

Don't back down. Don't ever back down.  When they say you're arguing in bad faith, 99% of the time they're the ones who are full of crap, and they're frustrated that they couldn't shake yoj.

Hold your opponents to their own standards. They'll call that "whataboutism".  Don't worry; just point out that you're holding the opposition to their own standards.

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 09:09:33 PM »

You don't need to agree with everything everybody says and we always welcome spirited debate. 

We have a wonderful mixture of personalities here.  Just always remember that there's a real person on the other end of the avatar. 
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2022, 09:19:33 PM »

Adhere to the ToS.

Don't back down. Don't ever back down.  When they say you're arguing in bad faith, 99% of the time they're the ones who are full of crap, and they're frustrated that they couldn't shake yoj.

Hold your opponents to their own standards. They'll call that "whataboutism".  Don't worry; just point out that you're holding the opposition to their own standards.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »

First post here from 1/8/22 but you have been coming here since 2011?

Not quite sure how the math computes and will withhold any and all advice at this present time.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 09:54:28 PM »

You've lasted here 11 years.

You should be giving us tips.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 09:50:07 AM »

Don't be an attention whore.
Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2022, 05:26:11 PM »

Adhere to the ToS.

How detached from reality are you, lol.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2022, 05:57:42 PM »

"New poster"
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2022, 09:46:12 PM »

-OSR is also good for grammar questions.
-Santander is great for questions about hot-button foreign issues and race relations.
-PSOL is excellent if you have questions about being kind and civil to other posters, avoid PQG for sure.
-RP McNm is unfortunately banned, which is bad since he was truly the best on issues relating to Israel-Palestine.
-OC also has great and unbiased maps.
-SnowLabrador is a Democrat hack and is anti-China.
-I'm of course the resident expert on class relations and am the biggest advocate for the working class, particularly poor Whites.
1. I am known for rarely making threads
2. Peebs is the best user to tell your rants about trans rights and Dreadnought
3. Abdullah almost never recommends posts
4. SnowLabrador is the forum's resident optimist
5. Olowakandi is the forum's resident pessimist
6. Big Abraham will report you for supporting revolution
7. Coolface was unfortunately banned, but has NEVER made a sock
8. President Johnson is the best user to vent to about your issues with Joe Biden, Kathy Hochul, and Lyndon B. Johnson
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2022, 09:48:10 PM »

2. Peebs is the best user to tell your rants about trans rights and Dreadnought
I mean, I always rant about trans rights and Dreadnought, so this tracks.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2022, 09:52:04 PM »

Adhere to the ToS.

You realize the OP is a Democrat, right? Per your own ideas of red avatars, they will treat him well and he has nothing to fear - only marginalized blue avatars do.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2022, 10:01:30 PM »

Everyone who participates in Atlasia is extremely mature and well-adjusted. If that describes you, come aboard. The best party is the RCP.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2022, 10:04:16 PM »

Get out while you still can, and don't have any kids yourself.

Wait, what are e talking about again?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2022, 09:28:10 PM »

Adhere to the ToS.

You realize the OP is a Democrat, right? Per your own ideas of red avatars, they will treat him well and he has nothing to fear - only marginalized blue avatars do.

He's a  good guy and we have important areas of agreement, particularly on the Democratic Party's unfortunate abandonment of the working class.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2022, 10:00:20 PM »

I have a serious one. Be yourself, even if you're out of step with your party on certain issues. People seem to have trouble figuring out whether or not I'm on the left or on the right but that isn't what matters as I have respect for posters across the political spectrum that I met on this site. You don't have to post a lot, just be a good person.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2022, 10:30:05 PM »

I have a serious one. Be yourself, even if you're out of step with your party on certain issues. People seem to have trouble figuring out whether or not I'm on the left or on the right but that isn't what matters as I have respect for posters across the political spectrum that I met on this site. You don't have to post a lot, just be a good person.

This.

(Just make sure you agree with me on the issues that are most important, and we should get alone fine.  Wink)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2022, 10:30:53 PM »

If you ever see a thread like this, you can come up with a cheap response that says something like "don't post here lol!", and it's guaranteed to get double digit reccomendations
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies