Joe Biden vs. John Kerry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:26:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Joe Biden vs. John Kerry
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you prefer/dislike less?
Biden (D)

Biden (R)

Biden (O/I)

Kerry (D)

Kerry (R)

Kerry (O/I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Joe Biden vs. John Kerry  (Read 552 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2022, 11:26:04 PM »

?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 10:09:31 AM »

Kerry and it isn't even close.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 10:10:18 AM »

Biden
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 10:56:18 AM »

Kerry
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 11:21:20 AM »

Biden.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 02:28:36 PM »

Two massive FFs, but Joe Biden.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 10:43:39 AM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 04:54:53 PM »

Biden and it isn't even close
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 03:14:11 PM »

I like them both, but I gotta go with Uncle Joe.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2022, 05:57:25 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 06:11:36 PM »

Biden was a better campaigner, but I think Kerry would be the better president.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2022, 06:13:40 PM »

As decent as Biden has been in office, Kerry would have been a great president, had he been elected in the first place.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2022, 01:43:51 AM »

John Kerry ran a better campaign in 2004 than Biden did in 2020. Bush was tougher to beat in 2004 than Trump was in 2020 and ran a better campaign than Trump did too . Its just very hard too see a democrat winning in 2004 once you really look at the numbers as Kerry did get the numbers he needed in NE OH for a Democrat to win, its just that Bush swamped him in the Republican areas of the state.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2022, 05:49:30 AM »

John Kerry ran a better campaign in 2004 than Biden did in 2020. Bush was tougher to beat in 2004 than Trump was in 2020 and ran a better campaign than Trump did too . Its just very hard too see a democrat winning in 2004 once you really look at the numbers as Kerry did get the numbers he needed in NE OH for a Democrat to win, its just that Bush swamped him in the Republican areas of the state.

Not sure about that one. While Kerry had a decent performance in 2004 for running against a war-time incumbent, Dubya was still vulnerable. Kerry's biggest problem was that he was seen as a technocratic elitist. The Bush campaign was certainly successful in painting him that way, somewhat similar to what the Obama did with Romney. Most incumbent presidents win reelection by successfully defining their opponent as something unpopular ("out of touch" etc.). Trump meanwhile was unable to demonize Biden and the "Sleepy Joe" attack line hardy stuck. Biden actually is pretty good at retail politics and making people feel he's one of them ("Scranton Joe"). If there was more in-person campaigning, I think he may have done even better.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2022, 09:57:08 AM »

Biden is the best person nomiated by either party in my lifetime with no obvious second place. More of a sad statement about the lot of them than it is about Biden, but still, easy choice.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2022, 03:13:11 AM »

I think Kerry could've won. He's severely underrated as a candidate. One of the big problems was that there was over a month between the DNC and the RNC and that was back when both candidates took the $75 million in funds from the federal government. Kerry was basically off the air for most of August and had no answer to the swift-boat campaign against him. I think there was the very real possibility of Kerry winning the election while losing the popular vote. Ohio, Iowa, and New Mexico were all Bush states that were left-of-centre relative to the nation. However, only the first was relevant to changing the results of the election.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2022, 05:58:43 AM »

Biden obviously, they are both the same but Kerry dealt with the Edwards fiasco and he was an adultery, coincidentally, Obama was told in 2008 to consider Edwards

Mark Warner or Kaine we're the best picks but Warner was Gov in 2004 and wanted to finish his term, but clearly 2010 would have been bad if Warner was Veep, Biden told Obama to keep the Filibuster in 3009 over DC Statehood

If Warner did become Beep instead of Senator Bobby Scott whom is being recruited Gov in 25 would have been in Warner seat
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2022, 03:34:15 PM »

Kerry, only because Biden is a sitting President and he's well on the way to senility.  Sadly, I like Kerry less and less each day.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2022, 01:12:13 AM »

Kerry, only because Biden is a sitting President and he's well on the way to senility.  Sadly, I like Kerry less and less each day.

Well! With this disgusting and shameful claim about Biden that has completely 0 proof and indication, I assume you will not mind it when certain posters here claim the same thing about you. I doubt you can function half as well and speak half as well as Biden. I doubt you'd have been able to overcome a stutter and still become a successful national politician in the age of television and scrutiny half- no, a tenth- no, a hundredth as well as Biden. I know I wouldn't.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2022, 08:59:34 AM »

Well! With this disgusting and shameful claim about Biden that has completely 0 proof and indication, I assume you will not mind it when certain posters here claim the same thing about you. I doubt you can function half as well and speak half as well as Biden. I doubt you'd have been able to overcome a stutter and still become a successful national politician in the age of television and scrutiny half- no, a tenth- no, a hundredth as well as Biden. I know I wouldn't.

One:  It's a violation of the ToS to make the kind of insinuations you would have others make about me.  Making these observations about public figures in office is both relevant and not against the Tos.  (I suggest that you learn the rules here.)

Two:  You have no idea how I function.   People can see how Biden functions and draw their own conclusions.

Three:  Biden wasn't this bad in 2016.  His decline has been significant and obvious to those who have had to watch their own family members decline.

I voted for John Kerry.   I may have voted for Biden in 2016 if he had run then.  Not now, and the people who boosted his candidacy can take their share of the blame for a President that hasn't got a single major issue right.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2022, 09:09:54 AM »

Kerry, only because Biden is a sitting President and he's well on the way to senility.  Sadly, I like Kerry less and less each day.

One:  It's a violation of the ToS to make the kind of insinuations you would have others make about me.  Making these observations about public figures in office is both relevant and not against the Tos.  (I suggest that you learn the rules here.)

Two:  You have no idea how I function.   People can see how Biden functions and draw their own conclusions.

Three:  Biden wasn't this bad in 2016.  His decline has been significant and obvious to those who have had to watch their own family members decline.

I voted for John Kerry.   I may have voted for Biden in 2016 if he had run then.  Not now, and the people who boosted his candidacy can take their share of the blame for a President that hasn't got a single major issue right.

You can criticize Biden all you want for policy- we'll disagree and that's ok. But deciding he's going senile is just a bad thing to do. There's no proof to it whatsoever- he's giving speeches fluently, and by all accounts functions very well and actively as President. Calling him senile might not be against the ToS but id just as fair as calling you, or even me, a 23 years old, senile. People were talking about his gaffes in 2016 and before that, there's nothing that indicates a serious decline.
If anything, Trump has made a lot more questionable missteps that make one wonder, but I won't call him senile because there's just no proof of this or anything close.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2022, 09:18:12 AM »

Kerry, only because Biden is a sitting President and he's well on the way to senility.  Sadly, I like Kerry less and less each day.

One:  It's a violation of the ToS to make the kind of insinuations you would have others make about me.  Making these observations about public figures in office is both relevant and not against the Tos.  (I suggest that you learn the rules here.)

Two:  You have no idea how I function.   People can see how Biden functions and draw their own conclusions.

Three:  Biden wasn't this bad in 2016.  His decline has been significant and obvious to those who have had to watch their own family members decline.

I voted for John Kerry.   I may have voted for Biden in 2016 if he had run then.  Not now, and the people who boosted his candidacy can take their share of the blame for a President that hasn't got a single major issue right.

You can criticize Biden all you want for policy- we'll disagree and that's ok. But deciding he's going senile is just a bad thing to do. There's no proof to it whatsoever- he's giving speeches fluently, and by all accounts functions very well and actively as President. Calling him senile might not be against the ToS but id just as fair as calling you, or even me, a 23 years old, senile. People were talking about his gaffes in 2016 and before that, there's nothing that indicates a serious decline.
If anything, Trump has made a lot more questionable missteps that make one wonder, but I won't call him senile because there's just no proof of this or anything close.

Voters can see and observe.   Since FDR in 1944, Presidents have been dishonest about their health.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2022, 09:20:09 AM »

Biden
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2022, 12:40:27 PM »

Reading Game Change, we find that Kerry really didn't know very much about effective campaigning. He phoned Bill Clinton for campaign advice and Clinton gave 'rudimentary advice:' "Bush fights for Halliburton, Kerry fights for kids." That Kerry didn't think of such an attack himself is probably not a good sign in his individual campaigning abilities.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies