Rep. Tom Rice: Trump is a would-be tyrant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:12:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Tom Rice: Trump is a would-be tyrant
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. Tom Rice: Trump is a would-be tyrant  (Read 340 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2022, 02:08:09 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/598000-gop-congressman-calls-trump-a-would-be-tyrant
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 02:10:24 PM »

He could have waited until after the primary. Before he was 95% screwed and now he's 100%.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 02:14:29 PM »

I endorse Russell Fry in the GOP primary to jettison Tom Rice, an example of Southern Fried Kinzinger.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 02:20:06 PM »

Could have said this far earlier.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 02:20:51 PM »

Trump is the American Sulla.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 02:22:46 PM »

Rep. Rice is absolutely correct. Trump has tried to act as a tyrant already, stopped only by his own incompetence, and finally Mike Pence's refusal to personally destroy American democracy while Trump's followers sought to kill him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 02:31:19 PM »

He’s right.

It’s not a surprise to anyone with working eyes and ears. Trump openly admires dictators.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 02:44:37 PM »

“If you want a Congressman who supports political violence in Ukraine or in the United States Capitol, who supports party over country, who supports a would-be tyrant over the Constitution, and who makes decisions based solely on re-election, then Russell Fry is your candidate,” Rice said in his statement.

"If you want a Congressman who cowers to no man, who votes for what is right, even when it's hard, and who has fought like hell for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee, then I hope to earn your vote,” he continued."

This is what I have never understood. The party that takes so much pride in being the party of individualism and so-called "macho" values sure does seem to like the idea of bending over for another man and doing everything he says without question...
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 02:53:06 PM »

“If you want a Congressman who supports political violence in Ukraine or in the United States Capitol, who supports party over country, who supports a would-be tyrant over the Constitution, and who makes decisions based solely on re-election, then Russell Fry is your candidate,” Rice said in his statement.

"If you want a Congressman who cowers to no man, who votes for what is right, even when it's hard, and who has fought like hell for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee, then I hope to earn your vote,” he continued."

This is what I have never understood. The party that takes so much pride in being the party of individualism and so-called "macho" values sure does seem to like the idea of bending over for another man and doing everything he says without question...

Republicans worship authority.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 02:57:25 PM »

He’s right.

It’s not a surprise to anyone with working eyes and ears. Trump openly admires dictators.

Please spare me.  Let's consider the Bushes' admiration for the Saudi monarchy or Obama's deference to Cuba and Iran.

We live in a world of dictators, like it or not.  
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 06:30:24 PM »

It's not enough to be a staunchly conservative Republican. You must be fully and ardently supportive of Trump. It certainly is a disgrace.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2022, 06:37:45 PM »

We've known this for years.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2022, 06:52:21 PM »

Everyone was afraid of Trump and gave up their convictions and self-respect to cower in his shadow. I can understand not speaking up before now. Those who did -- namely Liz Cheney -- look what happened to her. Most people aren't as strong as she is.

At least Republicans are coming out of hiding more and more to talk reality about Trump. It's always a good time for that.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2022, 08:14:23 PM »

Duh.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies