Office of Former Senator DabbingSanta
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:26:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Former Senator DabbingSanta  (Read 543 times)
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2022, 11:07:46 AM »
« edited: August 29, 2022, 02:46:07 PM by DabbingSanta »

I would like to congratulate Greg The Great on his party leadership victory.  We need a strong and united Patriot Party to drain the swamp and prosecute the elite for their crimes.  The Labor Party continues to flounder and fail to represent the silent majority.  We need to secure our borders.  We need schools that teach history, not communism.  We need to stop the mask theater and end all China virus restrictions.  Sadly, the Federalists lost by a huge margin, because they never endorsed my amazing campaign.  Very sad.  I told Louis, hey, maybe you should actually campaign.  The Federalists, they don't even try anymore.  They got the numbers to win big, and we know it.  So why didn't they try?  Was it a conspiracy by Establishment Yankee to derail my campaign?  I don't know. Let's vote early, vote big, and vote a lot.  We can do this, we got the numbers.   I believe in you, my supporters. Thank you, and Dave bless Atlasia.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 01:43:22 PM »

What numbers? What silent majority? Where is it?Huh
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 06:51:26 PM »

The senate just passed a $2 trillion federal budget for 2022, extremely excessive spending, and all of the so-called conservative Federalists backed this except DeadPrez. Where is the opposition from the party of small government and state rights?  We need to give this money back to the people, not waste it on useless government bureaucracy.  Massive tax increases coming soon with OBD in power.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 08:42:49 PM »

You seem to not understand how economics work, the issue with higher taxes has never been that people don't keep enough of their money, the issue is that people tend to hide their money using loopholes such as offshore bank accounts (which reduces tax revenue), and also that it leads to stagnation in the economy (which reduces economic growth). Second, to the extent that the current tax rates are "high," this is entirely the fault of regional governments not the national government, so if anything if you want lower taxes, there should be more centralization not less. I do find it odd how the right wing has decided to try to sing both tunes on this issue by wanting lower taxes yet continuing to support greater powers to the regional governments, which have written their own totally absurd tax codes. A 50% marginal income tax at the federal level is not particularly unreasonable, but stacked with a 30-40% marginal income tax at the regional and state-level, it may indeed be. However, this is entirely the fault of the regions and the states, so I would suggest that your outrage may indeed be misguided and misdirected. If you want lower taxes, moving towards unitary government would be the best course of action (other than the fact that it gives power to gasp the evil scawy bureaucrats)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 08:50:16 PM »

You seem to not understand how economics work, the issue with higher taxes has never been that people don't keep enough of their money, the issue is that people tend to hide their money using loopholes such as offshore bank accounts (which reduces tax revenue), and also that it leads to stagnation in the economy (which reduces economic growth). Second, to the extent that the current tax rates are "high," this is entirely the fault of regional governments not the national government, so if anything if you want lower taxes, there should be more centralization not less. I do find it odd how the right wing has decided to try to sing both tunes on this issue by wanting lower taxes yet continuing to support greater powers to the regional governments, which have written their own totally absurd tax codes. A 50% marginal income tax at the federal level is not particularly unreasonable, but stacked with a 30-40% marginal income tax at the regional and state-level, it may indeed be. However, this is entirely the fault of the regions and the states, so I would suggest that your outrage may indeed be misguided and misdirected. If you want lower taxes, moving towards unitary government would be the best course of action (other than the fact that it gives power to gasp the evil scawy bureaucrats)

Do not give him terrible ideas.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 12:51:10 PM »

This last election wasn't a rejection of populism.  It was systemically rigged against us by the powers that be.  Atlasia is basically an autocracy.  Whoever the Labor Party nominates gets the presidency.  Sleepy OBD, one week in, he hasn't done anything.  Is this how he's going to make the game fun? They nominate a yellow dog and he'd win the presidency.  It's machine politics, coordinated through Discord servers, and does not reflect the true will of the people.  We need to do something and fast.  Nine terms of Labor power, and it's going to be ten in June, then eleven, and so on.  The major conservative party did not even campaign for the presidency.  Where's the competition?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 01:19:25 PM »

This last election wasn't a rejection of populism.  It was systemically rigged against us by the powers that be.  Atlasia is basically an autocracy.  Whoever the Labor Party nominates gets the presidency.  Sleepy OBD, one week in, he hasn't done anything.  Is this how he's going to make the game fun? They nominate a yellow dog and he'd win the presidency.  It's machine politics, coordinated through Discord servers, and does not reflect the true will of the people.  We need to do something and fast.  Nine terms of Labor power, and it's going to be ten in June, then eleven, and so on.  The major conservative party did not even campaign for the presidency.  Where's the competition?

Join us in the South. Weve passed over 50 bills in like a month. Fremont hasnt even debated any.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 03:38:56 PM »

Join us in the South. Weve passed over 50 bills in like a month. Fremont hasnt even debated any.

I appreciate all the effort the South is going to.  It's clear which side truly cares about Atlasia's well being.  With that said, I am thinking of retiring from the game for a while to focus on more personal affairs, so this might not be the best time to start any additional tasks.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 01:08:31 PM »

Retirement from public life

Dear fellow Atlasians,

After great consideration, I have decided to suspend my political career and retreat into private life. Numerous private matters have arisen in the past two weeks, and I need to take a break as my own personal health and sanity comes first.  I hope to see that this huge movement of ours continues, and turns into something amazing, something Atlasia has never seen before.  Greg, I have faith in you.  Great change is coming.

Until then, may Dave bless this great union, and thank you.

Best,

DabbingSanta

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 02:50:17 PM »

Who are you?
Pages: [1]