2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:48:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 81518 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: June 29, 2022, 07:06:32 PM »

The only thing I can really say about last night's primaries is that I am very disappointed that Eva Braun won the primary in IL-15. Watch Paladino win in New York now. We're so polarized in this country that we can't even agree that praising Hitler in any way=unacceptable anymore.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 07:24:47 PM »

I wonder if there's an early vote / election day vote difference in Kansas.

Probably. Let's not get too excited yet.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 07:38:31 PM »

Aside from the Kansas referendum, which I wrote a whole spiel on already in its dedicated thread, I only really have one observation and one question about last night's primary:

1. Observation: I think Arizona has now become the most consequential state when it comes to its elections this year, usurping Pennsylvania. I'm very mixed on all of the election denialists winning their respective primaries this year, from Lake to Masters to that Sam Elliott wannabe, and even though they're possibly easier to beat, I don't have the confidence in them all being defeated this year unlike the situation in Pennsylvania. Even just one of their statewide candidates winning could have horrific national consequences. It kind of put a damper on what was an otherwise decent, comforting night. I'm hoping for the best here, maybe Arizonans will finally have had enough of their state constantly producing among the country's worst Republican politicians. But I am also bracing for disappointment.

2. Question: Why did Levin lose so bad? Was it simply because the district was more of Stevens' turf?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 06:19:36 PM »

538's preview of tomorrow's Republican primaries and the MN-01 special election: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/3-republican-primaries-and-a-special-election-to-watch-in-minnesota-and-wisconsin/.  The Democratic primary preview will be published tomorrow.

Is there even anything worth saying about the Democratic primaries?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 06:59:25 PM »

538's preview of tomorrow's Republican primaries and the MN-01 special election: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/3-republican-primaries-and-a-special-election-to-watch-in-minnesota-and-wisconsin/.  The Democratic primary preview will be published tomorrow.

Is there even anything worth saying about the Democratic primaries?

I was definitely wrong about this. The MN-5 primary alone was far more tense than I had anticipated.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 07:45:01 PM »

I can't believe we live in such f***ed up times that I am genuinely lamenting the electoral loss of a Cheney.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 05:52:41 PM »

Democrats would be better off fleeing Florida and concentrating their millions of votes elsewhere.

I genuinely believe that Dems cost themselves Florida by using it as the liberal bashing point of bad politics. It both makes the party seem out of touch with the state and makes a lot of political engaged Dems ahve a bias against moving to the state.

Libs have been bashing Texas as a conservative dystopia for ages now and it's still rapidly shifting left.

I agree. While I wish people moved based on political strategy, it really isn't a realistic consideration for most. They move for economic or familial reasons more so.

And while I'm at it, f*** Florida! I can't blame anyone for not wanting to move there for any reason whatsoever if they had the ability to pick and choose. Is braving the horrible weather and politics really worth having your vote maybe matter slightly more than it did before? I don't think so!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 06:26:46 PM »

As I've said many times before: brace yourselves for the worst House freshman class ever!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 06:53:35 PM »

I can't believe I'm rooting for him...
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 07:04:18 PM »

I don't even know how to feel about races like this. She's a deranged, Islamophobic conspiracy theorist, he voted to nullify Arizona and Pennsylvania's electoral votes in the 2020 election. They're both completely unacceptable options.

Republicans, for the love of god, come up with a better choice than this.

It's like comparing which sewage system smells better.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2022, 07:09:48 PM »

Turnout in FL-GOV Dem primary is actually above 2018's, which given that was a blue wave year, a solid showing.

However, GOP still outvoted with no competitive statewide races, so, yeah.

Again, we need to just give up on that state and take what would have been invested there elsewhere. There is no winnable path.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies