2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:45:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 85825 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2000 on: August 02, 2022, 08:20:36 PM »

And not a single report from Johnson County.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2001 on: August 02, 2022, 08:21:05 PM »

I’m stunned by these results so far , as this is far worse than I thought it would be
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2002 on: August 02, 2022, 08:21:12 PM »

Kari Lake is a lunatic, just melted down on live TV.

I'm starting to get the sense that Republicans have been overconfident they'll win anything this year no matter what and have thus shot themselves in the foot by nominating the single worst slate of candidates I've ever seen.

Hate to get ahead of myself, but... thanks, Trump? If not for his insane obsession with the election he lost and brainwashing his base about it to support absolute lunatics, there is no chance Dems would even have a chance in elections like an Arizona gubernatorial race or a Pennsylvania senate race in a year where their incumbent president is deep underwater.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2003 on: August 02, 2022, 08:21:15 PM »

WRT KS Amendment: of all (partial) results in thus far, not a single county's "Yes" share is surpassing Trump's 2020 share. The closest right now is Chautauqua County, where "Yes" is underperforming Trump-20's margin by 10 points.

Actually I think it's 6.5% in Meade.

I'm just taking the 2-way presidential margin if that matters, but right now in Meade I'm showing a 14-point margin difference (Trump +69 versus Yes +55).

Meade now down to Yes +38 lmao.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2004 on: August 02, 2022, 08:22:06 PM »

I’m stunned by these results so far , as this is far worse than I thought it would be

Worse?

Seems to me like the land of Clark Kent is standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way tonight!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2005 on: August 02, 2022, 08:23:57 PM »

CHASE COUNTY: >95% IN.

TRUMP + 52
YES + 4

wooooow
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2006 on: August 02, 2022, 08:24:29 PM »

Why did "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" start running through my head?

Oh, the flashbacks of sweet, sweet victory...
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2007 on: August 02, 2022, 08:24:49 PM »

CHASE COUNTY: >95% IN.

TRUMP + 52
YES + 4

wooooow

Get f--ked, Christo-fascists. Your time is OVER!
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2008 on: August 02, 2022, 08:25:19 PM »

So as more votes were counted in Ottawa, Meijer closed the gap there substantially and there's still nothing from Kent in that race. It's not over yet.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #2009 on: August 02, 2022, 08:25:54 PM »

Tbh, I thought this was going to be fairly close until I saw that the amendment didn't even include exceptions for rape, incest, or the life of the mother. That's when I realized it was going to go down in a landslide (thankfully).
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2010 on: August 02, 2022, 08:26:40 PM »

Worse?

Seems to me like the land of Clark Kent is standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way tonight!

From the Republican perspective, this result in conjunction with the huge turnout in Kansas is a recipe for nightmare.  Yes, it's only one state and it's still three months until November.  But *IF* (and it's a big if!) this is a harbinger of Democratic energy, then the pundits who said that the Dobbs decision could wipe out most or all of the Republican midterm advantage will turn out to be right.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2011 on: August 02, 2022, 08:26:44 PM »

It’ll tighten. Maybe a 10 point margin but you should feel humbled. The Supreme Court has issued rulings that are deeply unpopular with the populace. You should hope that similar backlash doesn’t happen to Republicans if they win in November and pass unpopular legislation.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2012 on: August 02, 2022, 08:27:16 PM »

OHHHH YEAHHHH
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2013 on: August 02, 2022, 08:27:53 PM »

Worse?

From the Republican perspective, this result in conjunction with the huge turnout in Kansas is a recipe for nightmare.  Yes, it's only one state and it's still three months until November.  But *IF* (and it's a big if!) this is a harbinger of Democratic energy, then the pundits who said that the Dobbs decision could wipe out most or all of the Republican midterm advantage will turn out to be right.

The pro-life movement is going to flip from the source of decades of Republican victories into an electoral albatross around their neck in a single night.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2014 on: August 02, 2022, 08:28:20 PM »

Tbh, I thought this was going to be fairly close until I saw that the amendment didn't even include exceptions for rape, incest, or the life of the mother. That's when I realized it was going to go down in a landslide.
To avoid crafting any exceptions is to give a gift to pro-choicers. In a referendum, it's helpful to concede some things in order to get people who are on the fence.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2015 on: August 02, 2022, 08:28:26 PM »

Tbh, I thought this was going to be fairly close until I saw that the amendment didn't even include exceptions for rape, incest, or the life of the mother. That's when I realized it was going to go down in a landslide.

The thing is, voting "Yes" wouldn't even immediately ban abortion. It would just make it constitutional for the legislature to legislate it. So the voters of Kansas are rejecting even that possibility, exceptions or otherwise, and outright affirming the right of women to choose.

There is no way to spin this that's good for the pro-birthers.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2016 on: August 02, 2022, 08:29:20 PM »

OHHHH YEAHHHH

Ugh
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2017 on: August 02, 2022, 08:29:48 PM »

OHHHH YEAHHHH

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Time to bring out the big guns tonight, baby!

Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #2018 on: August 02, 2022, 08:30:48 PM »

Very happy the amendment failed!
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2019 on: August 02, 2022, 08:31:22 PM »

Tbh, I thought this was going to be fairly close until I saw that the amendment didn't even include exceptions for rape, incest, or the life of the mother. That's when I realized it was going to go down in a landslide (thankfully).
The amendment wasn't actualy a straightforward directly ban abortion law, it would just remove the protection granted to it by the Kansas supreme court and allow the legislature to pass their own law.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2020 on: August 02, 2022, 08:31:51 PM »

The amendment wasn't actualy a straightforward directly ban abortion law, it would just remove the protection granted to it by the Kansas supreme court and allow the legislature to pass their own law.
That doesn't make an effective 30-second ad.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2021 on: August 02, 2022, 08:32:00 PM »

For all the intellectual criticism some might have for "wishy-washy" positions on abortion, those are in fact more popular than "absolutist" ones, among voters. In a referendum, pandering to voters by making your position look reasonable is important to win.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2022 on: August 02, 2022, 08:32:20 PM »

BASED Kansas sending a message to America's fascists tonight.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #2023 on: August 02, 2022, 08:33:09 PM »

For all the intellectual criticism some might have for "wishy-washy" positions on abortion, those are in fact more popular than "absolutist" ones, among voters. In a referendum, pandering to voters by making your position look reasonable is important to win.

That was pretty much the point I wanted to make too.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2024 on: August 02, 2022, 08:33:28 PM »

Current swing map:
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 130  
« previous next »