2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:57:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 87824 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: May 25, 2022, 01:38:03 AM »

It's quite surreal to think that Kay Ivey and John Boozman were more vulnerable than Kemp the entire time.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1326 on: May 25, 2022, 01:45:36 AM »

With the 177 vote difference Cisneros can and probably will call for a recount. But I don't expect it to change anything and my call for Cuellar stands.

Why do they keep reelecting this moron?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1327 on: May 25, 2022, 01:50:49 AM »

With the 177 vote difference Cisneros can and probably will call for a recount. But I don't expect it to change anything and my call for Cuellar stands.

Rio Grande Hispanics aren't abortion-loving open border leftists.

"this moron" will probably save you guys a seat in November...
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1328 on: May 25, 2022, 02:09:20 AM »

To hell with 'em. The good thing about House primaries is there's always 2024.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1329 on: May 25, 2022, 02:37:01 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2022, 02:41:23 AM by Michael Bennet of VO »

So I guess this is as good a time as any to say that my PA-ticket was Oz/Mastriano/DelRosso (etc. etc.).    

If you don’t mind me asking, I was just curious, why did you vote for them?

Probably sarcasm

Not sarcasm, not joking -- that was my ballot.  

Really?

Hey, I wasn't any happier about it than you are.  I just figured that it was the easiest way for Josh Shapiro to win.  I like him -- I think he has a lot of integrity.  

DelRosso was just...because.  And I had my reasons for voting Oz.  
But Oz is insane?! If anything I would have expected you to be a huge McCormick supporter based on your views.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1330 on: May 25, 2022, 02:47:46 AM »

So I guess this is as good a time as any to say that my PA-ticket was Oz/Mastriano/DelRosso (etc. etc.).    

If you don’t mind me asking, I was just curious, why did you vote for them?

Probably sarcasm

Not sarcasm, not joking -- that was my ballot.  

Really?

Hey, I wasn't any happier about it than you are.  I just figured that it was the easiest way for Josh Shapiro to win.  I like him -- I think he has a lot of integrity.  

DelRosso was just...because.  And I had my reasons for voting Oz.  
But Oz is insane?! If anything I would have expected you to be a huge McCormick supporter based on your views.

Ehh I’d say Oz is more of a wildcard than anything as there is an argument to be made that he can be either more moderate than McCormick and more right wing
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1331 on: May 25, 2022, 03:12:39 AM »

May be - they simply share his views, and for them Cuellar is not a "moron", but "one of them"?. And, in addition, Cuellar may lose in November, but Cisneros - will lose. Here are the difference...
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1332 on: May 25, 2022, 04:56:58 AM »

Raffensperger was written off by a lot of people.

So in light of these results, I wonder if Tom Rice's primary prospects are being underrated. His colleagues haven't turned against him like they have against Liz Cheney and a I feel like the electorate in his district is noticeably less Trumpy than one in, say, West Virginia.

Given the emerging weakness of Trump's grip over Republican primaries & the recent discourse in the WY-AL megathread, I'm honestly starting to wonder if a Cheney re-nomination is plausibly possible.

I doubt that, Cheney has 'sided with the Democrats' a lot more with the 1/6 committee, and she did not just leave it at one vote or decision.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1333 on: May 25, 2022, 06:48:34 AM »

Said it in the GA-Sen thread, but Walker only getting 68% of the vote, and worst, a lesser share than Kemp got, is surprising. He should've had the whole thing wrapped up.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1334 on: May 25, 2022, 08:29:31 AM »

Cuellar wins!!!

Lol, this guy is like a roach

Doesn’t die

I will certainly agree he's like a cockroach, but for different reasons
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1335 on: May 25, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »

What a totally clever and nuanced opinion. It totally ignored ores the fact Cuellar has a significant chance of being indicted year's end, but as long as the.crook gets your right wi g jellies off that's what's important amarite?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1336 on: May 25, 2022, 08:38:49 AM »

Nice to see Cuellar win and the primary electorate evidence a little sanity. We shouldn’t throw away this seat just because the donor class demands that we run a future Squad member in an R-trending swing district.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1337 on: May 25, 2022, 08:45:12 AM »

Nice to see Cuellar win and the primary electorate evidence a little sanity. We shouldn’t throw away this seat just because the donor class demands that we run a future Squad member in an R-trending swing district.
What's your reaction to Schrader possibly losing?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1338 on: May 25, 2022, 08:46:43 AM »

Is this what a party hack looks like?
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1339 on: May 25, 2022, 08:50:52 AM »

Is it certain Cuellar wins the nomination?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1340 on: May 25, 2022, 08:52:56 AM »

What a totally clever and nuanced opinion. It totally ignored ores the fact Cuellar has a significant chance of being indicted year's end, but as long as the.crook gets your right wi g jellies off that's what's important amarite?

So many crimes, so little time. Is the article below out of date?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/henry-cuellar-texas-representative-not-fbi-investigation-target/

I always disdained the fajita strip districts that ran from the river into San Antonio. And now we can see that not all Hispanics are the same. Cuellar got almost nothing in the big city, and swept the river areas. The district is an incoherent mess. I wish I were on SCOTUS. They need me.  Angel
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1341 on: May 25, 2022, 08:55:31 AM »

What's your reaction to Schrader possibly losing?
Positive, we don’t need him to hold that seat so I’m fine replacing him with someone less obnoxious.
mtvoter
United States
« Reply #1342 on: May 25, 2022, 09:04:24 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2022, 11:43:11 AM by mtvoter »

Cuellar was a massive overperformer while Schrader was just annoying
jdk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.68, S: -5.39

« Reply #1343 on: May 25, 2022, 10:30:29 AM »

Cuellar was a massive overperformed while Schrader was just annoying
Also Schrader's primary opponent is much more of a normie Dem, and even though she is definitely to the left of the typical voter in the district, she actually seems to be more in touch with that district and not running a race in rural Texas while campaigning as if she was running for office in New York or San Francisco like Cisneros
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1344 on: May 25, 2022, 10:38:23 AM »

GA Insurance Commissioner D - RUNOFF BETWEEN Robinson and Baker
GA Labor Commissioner D - RUNOFF BETWEEN Boddie and Horn
GA 10 D SPOT 2 - Fore
AL-4 D - Neighbors
AL Auditor R - RUNOFF BETWEEN Sorrell and Cooke
TX Land Commissioner D - Kleberg
TX-24 D - McDowell

Uncalled:
GA LT GOV R
TX-15 D
OR-5 D
PA-SEN R
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1345 on: May 25, 2022, 10:44:41 AM »

Do we have any idea how many votes are left outstanding in TX-28 and where they might be?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1346 on: May 25, 2022, 11:29:31 AM »

I wonder if Bee Nguyen can be considered a slight favorite over Raffensperger for SoS this fall since there's a good chance a lot of Republican primary voters might skip his part of the ballot because they're disenfranchised by him... kind of in a similar fashion to the 2021 Georgia runoffs.

These voters who feel that way – didn't they just renominate him to do the same job in which he disenfranchised their feelings? It took pretty substantial R dropoff to get the Georgia runoffs result, Warnock's encore performance this time will be a much better indicator of how the statewide races go.

He barely made it over the threshold to avoid a runoff, and almost all of the votes the other candidates got were cast in the intention of voting AGAINST Raff as a protest. It's very likely that a significant number of those voters aren't going to be there for him in Novermber. Also, keep in mind that a lot of the votes that he got were from Democrats who probably have no intention of supporting him in the general election.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1347 on: May 25, 2022, 12:40:17 PM »

Cuellar was a massive overperformed while Schrader was just annoying
Also Schrader's primary opponent is much more of a normie Dem, and even though she is definitely to the left of the typical voter in the district, she actually seems to be more in touch with that district and not running a race in rural Texas while campaigning as if she was running for office in New York or San Francisco like Cisneros
Not really. McLeod-Skinner is just a bog standard liberal. She’s no more to the left than any other mainstream Democrat, which seems like right at the median for a D+3ish district.

Unless we are gonna say literally every Republican is to the right of their district because they don’t substantially break with their party, we really need to drop this framing.

By this definition everyone to the left of Joe Manchin is a left wing crazy. It’s tiring.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1348 on: May 25, 2022, 01:28:02 PM »

Cuellar wins!!!

Lol, this guy is like a roach

Doesn’t die

I will certainly agree he's like a cockroach, but for different reasons
It was close enough that Clyburn and Pelosi’s inexplicable decision to not just endorse the incumbent but go down and campaign for him likely tipped it.

Also, IIRC San Antonio was among the hardest hit by Texas’s new voter ID bull in the March primaries, so it’s possible that might have been determinative.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1349 on: May 25, 2022, 01:43:39 PM »

Where are the remaining votes from TX-28 coming from?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies