we have a MAGA want-a-be in FL using the "do you know who I am?" line to a cop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:48:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  we have a MAGA want-a-be in FL using the "do you know who I am?" line to a cop
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: we have a MAGA want-a-be in FL using the "do you know who I am?" line to a cop  (Read 337 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2022, 07:26:35 AM »

how have we not had a thread on this yet?

local story

Hyde went on to ask if the officer, who is a Latvian immigrant, if she was acting like this because she was worried about her citizenship status.

"Is it your Russian immigrant status that makes you talk to people like this?” he said.

The situation escalated when Hyde asked to speak with Beskin's supervisor. Footage shows several other police responding to the scene.

Hyde, who has all of 145 followers on Instagram as of this writing, was ultimately given three tickets for failure to provide registration, speeding and texting. In the days since the video was released, he has apologized for his behavior.

"Just over a week ago I was stopped in Sarasota for speeding. During the stop I was belligerent and rude to the officer who stopped me," he said in a Facebook post. "I’m not going to justify my poor temper on that day or attempt to mitigate it in any way. There will be some who will say it’s not the first time I’ve acted out and they’d be right. I have faults and one of them is to be overly aggressive on occasion when I’m challenged. In the political arena that is possibly a good thing but on a personal level it’s not."
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 09:26:36 AM »

Good. This idiot got what he deserved.

(Not trying to be a prick but I think you meant want-TO-be / wannabe, not want-A-be. I got really confused at first.)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 09:37:01 AM »

An appropriate answer would have been "Yes, sir.  You are ticket #123689."
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 11:42:39 AM »