Opinion of jamespol?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:19:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of jamespol?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of jamespol?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Opinion of jamespol?  (Read 1335 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2022, 12:46:42 PM »
« edited: February 25, 2022, 01:39:37 PM by Pray for Andriy! »

This user's display name is currently "FIRE FAUCI!", and he is extremely against masks

FF
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 12:49:36 PM »

Good friend of mine and a major FF.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 01:13:50 PM »

Purple heart
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 09:06:45 PM »

Terrible people like one another
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 08:13:13 PM »

This user's display name is currently "FIRE FAUCI!", and he is extremely against masks

FF

YES! BURN THE DAMN MASKS. They do not actually work anymore.

If white liberals are going to give their evil grin smirks they should not try to hide it. There was always an agenda of the online left to institute an authoritarian society.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 08:19:13 PM »

FF
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 08:27:24 PM »

Eccentric with a good and caring and honest heart. Who could ask for more? He also seems to have aged well ala a fine Bordeaux wine. FF.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2022, 12:19:25 AM »

Overall good guy, goes hardcore mental HP from time to time.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2022, 12:21:25 AM »

Our version of Christine-Chan
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 02:25:13 AM »

Is that why you like CraneHusband?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2022, 02:59:26 AM »

We disagree on a few things but he seems cool, FF.
I assume most people are FF because I assume most people have good intentions.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2022, 09:45:00 AM »

FF

If white liberals are going to give their evil grin smirks they should not try to hide it. There was always an agenda of the online left to institute an authoritarian society.

Is this really so terrible? 
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2022, 09:55:11 AM »

FF

Jamespol is a massive authoritarian that wants the government to be able to force states and localities to ban masks, ban lockdowns, ban restrictions, and ban schools from closing for any reason whatsoever. He is only against authoritarianism when it isn't the kind he likes. He isn't a Republican but he very much seems to be one on this specific issue.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2022, 01:02:38 PM »

FF

Jamespol is a massive authoritarian that wants the government to be able to force states and localities to ban masks, ban lockdowns, ban restrictions, and ban schools from closing for any reason whatsoever. He is only against authoritarianism when it isn't the kind he likes. He isn't a Republican but he very much seems to be one on this specific issue.

I don't see why that makes him an authoritarian; his position on mask mandates.  The mandates you favor are far more authoritarian, by any definition of the term.

In our system, States have powers to the Federal Government they created, jointly, but municipal entities are entirely the creation of the state.  It is the responsibility of the state Government to ensure that municipalities do not deny the liberties guaranteed them using local ordinances to do so. 

I voted FF here.  I'll reassess once the Branch Covidians disappear from our politics, taking their "Thank you, Dr. Fauci" lawn signs with them on the way to the landfill
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2022, 01:09:50 PM »

FF

I don't see why that makes him an authoritarian; his position on mask mandates.  The mandates you favor are far more authoritarian, by any definition of the term.

In our system, States have powers to the Federal Government they created, jointly, but municipal entities are entirely the creation of the state.  It is the responsibility of the state Government to ensure that municipalities do not deny the liberties guaranteed them using local ordinances to do so. 

I voted FF here.  I'll reassess once the Branch Covidians disappear from our politics, taking their "Thank you, Dr. Fauci" lawn signs with them on the way to the landfill

Yeah how does hating mask mandates make someone authoritarian? That's literally reducing the control the GOVT has over people
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2022, 01:13:24 PM »

FF

Yeah how does hating mask mandates make someone authoritarian? That's literally reducing the control the GOVT has over people
He doesn't just hate them, he wants the government to ban the mandates. So, for example, if a state banned them, then any county or school board or entity smaller than the state would be forced by the state to not have any mandate. They would be denied choice by government decree, which is why I'm saying authoritarian.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2022, 01:44:05 PM »

FF

He doesn't just hate them, he wants the government to ban the mandates. So, for example, if a state banned them, then any county or school board or entity smaller than the state would be forced by the state to not have any mandate. They would be denied choice by government decree, which is why I'm saying authoritarian.

Banning a mandate is the opposite of authoritarianism, lol.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2022, 01:46:05 PM »

FF

Authoritarianism is when the government does stuff. The more stuff the government does the more authoritarianer it is.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2022, 01:46:25 PM »

FF

Yes.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2022, 02:06:09 PM »

I don't know how that's related as Crane is funny as hell and PSOL is mediocre at worst
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2022, 02:54:43 PM »

FF

That's how Federalism works.

I expect my state legislature to protect me from the violation of my liberties by municipal pools who are often the most authoritarian of all.

My FF vote still stands.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2022, 04:18:16 PM »

A good guy who has been right about COVID since the fall.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2022, 04:48:05 PM »

HP. Not just because he's anti-mask but because he's blindly and vocally anti-mask and basically provides ammunition to the forum's blue avatars because he's the token left-winger who's far-right on the issue (I know the forum as a whole is getting pretty right-wing on restrictions/masks, but Jamespol is nonetheless to the right of basically every single red avatar on the issue, to my knowledge).
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2022, 06:31:21 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2022, 08:20:26 PM by FIRE FAUCI! »

I remember two weeks to slow the spread...

But seriously I wore a mask diligently until it didn't work anymore.

People used covid to try to institute their preferred economic system.

I consistently lean to the left. I support ending cash bail to an extent,  affirmative action, pro environment,  pro choice, critical of the US Senate structure ( though would still be of Dems were advantaged in the Senate).

What I will not support is an authoritarian government or doomerism.  
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2022, 08:08:01 PM »

Nice Guy, FF Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies