Will Chesa Boudin be recalled? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:08:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Chesa Boudin be recalled? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Chesa Boudin be recalled?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Will Chesa Boudin be recalled?  (Read 3695 times)
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« on: May 12, 2022, 06:50:05 AM »

I just made a post about this last night that I guess BRTD didn't put any stock in.

The school renaming got out-of-towners' attention because it fit neatly into existing national narratives, but understandably parents were less concerned with what schools were named than whether their children were attending those schools at all. This wouldn't have happened if the board hadn't actively stonewalled efforts to plan for reopening.

For similar reasons, this has little to nothing to do with the Chesa Boudin recall. The issues are not related. Boudin has the support of a large majority of the Board of Supervisors, whereas the recalled school board members received no support from city politicians and a number of supervisors actively endorsed recall. David Campos, who ran in today's Assembly special election on an avowedly left-wing platform, is among the names listed under the endorsements section on the school board recall website. This simply did not play out as a meaningfully partisan issue.

I would be fairly surprised if he were recalled. Not a single member of the Board of Supervisors has endorsed the recall attempt and a majority of supervisors have come out against recall. London Breed does not like Boudin and might be expected to endorse his recall, but the fact that she hasn't yet is significant because it indicates that the recall effort hasn't gained enough groundswell support to feel comfortable.

If you don't trust my skepticism, the local paper has much the same opinion. The people who led the school board recall effort are not at all the same people who are pushing to recall Boudin, and many of the former group have the general hostility toward recall elections typical of California liberals. Drawing parallels between one and the other is lazy.

Well, the whole California democratic establishment also threw their full weight behind the affirmative action ballot initiative, and we all saw how that turned out. Fortunately, it seems there are enough people left who don't just follow their political leaders' every opinion.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 01:13:14 PM »

https://sfstandard.com/criminal-justice/da-chesa-boudin-fentanyl-court-data-drug-dealing-immigration/

Boudin is refusing to prosecute Fentanyl dealers because many of them are immigrants.

I mean I guess I barely support legal Fentanyl coz lolbert but this is hilarious.

If they're out there directly and continuously causing overdoses of American civilians through their actions, I'd say a deportation has been well earned. I'm mostly libertarian on drugs too, but not to that extent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies