Will Chesa Boudin be recalled? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:40:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Chesa Boudin be recalled? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Chesa Boudin be recalled?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Will Chesa Boudin be recalled?  (Read 3688 times)
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« on: May 12, 2022, 12:26:17 AM »

https://sfstandard.com/community/asian-american-voters-support-recall-da-chesa-boudin/

Recall up 57 to 22 according to this poll. Has 67% support among Asians. RIP PSOL's working class praxis.

Lol @ the Black crosstab.

The (paid) No arguments (which are longer than the Yes arguments) are illuminating. One good thing to come out of Boudin's tenure is adding Cantonese-speaking victims' advocates to the office who presumably weren't there before. There are a lot of allegations that the recall initiative is led by Republicans and conservatives, and that the next DA won't be elected by the voters.
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 10:21:39 AM »

I would be fairly surprised if he were recalled. Not a single member of the Board of Supervisors has endorsed the recall attempt and a majority of supervisors have come out against recall. London Breed does not like Boudin and might be expected to endorse his recall, but the fact that she hasn't yet is significant because it indicates that the recall effort hasn't gained enough groundswell support to feel comfortable.

If you don't trust my skepticism, the local paper has much the same opinion. The people who led the school board recall effort are not at all the same people who are pushing to recall Boudin, and many of the former group have the general hostility toward recall elections typical of California liberals. Drawing parallels between one and the other is lazy.

Well, the whole California democratic establishment also threw their full weight behind the affirmative action ballot initiative, and we all saw how that turned out. Fortunately, it seems there are enough people left who don't just follow their political leaders' every opinion.

The Mayor has publicly been neutral on the recall, but she’s known to dislike Boudin.

Boudin has largely been the mayor’s political human shield on crime, absorbing most of the criticism from voters. The result: 74% of the respondents disapproved of him and 78% gave Boudin a negative job performance rating, according to a March survey of 800 likely voters by EMC Research, which was commissioned by the pro-recall campaign.

Breed has done little to hide her disdain for Boudin. While she may be publicly neutral on the recall, when asked in February whether she had faith in what the district attorney was doing, Breed replied: “I am not necessarily on the same page with a number of things that he’s doing.”

I’m more curious who Boudin’s replacement would be and whether they would be able to put a dent in crime rates than whether he’ll be recalled.

Breed hasn’t spent time focused on who she’d pick to replace Boudin. She is concentrating on the issues that voters care most about — like housing and homelessness. But if Boudin is recalled, she will be on the clock.
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 12:13:12 AM »

I don’t think San Francisco is any better off without Boudin is the thing. The rise in crime to the extent it is occurring is a nationwide development likely related to the pandemic, and I don’t really think a return to tough on crime era politics is the answer here.

Yeah I’m skeptical that a more pro-enforcement DA like Nancy Tung would directly lead to lower property crime rates. And even if there is an effect it isn’t like crime is going to go down overnight. Hopefully the next DA keeps up Boudin’s language outreach!
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 12:34:35 AM »

I don’t think San Francisco is any better off without Boudin is the thing. The rise in crime to the extent it is occurring is a nationwide development likely related to the pandemic, and I don’t really think a return to tough on crime era politics is the answer here.

Yeah I’m skeptical that a more pro-enforcement DA like Nancy Tung would directly lead to lower property crime rates. And even if there is an effect it isn’t like crime is going to go down overnight. Hopefully the next DA keeps up Boudin’s language outreach!

And yet somehow you know that a lack of effectiveness on the part of "tough on crime" policies isn't going to discredit those policies the same way Boudin's policies seem to have discredited criminal justice reform. Curious indeed...

I’m not a Boudin fan lmao. But it’s easier to recall an incompetent DA than to tackle underlying problems with law enforcement, income inequality, houselessness, underfunded schools, lack of community support, structural racism against both ADOS and East/Southeast Asians, etc. that contribute to violent and property crime.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies