Opinion of Ishan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:32:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Ishan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this young Pennsylvanian poster?
FF (D or D leaning)

FF (R or R leaning)

HP (D or D leaning)

HP (R or R leaning)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Opinion of Ishan  (Read 970 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2022, 05:49:59 PM »

Funnily enough, I don't see the ageist line come out again like it did for flyingmongoose, and  you aren't chiding Ishan for being a kid who lacks perspective (he and flyingmongoose both do to the extent that all kids do). So I guess if a poster is a kid and you don't like them, they are "difficult to take at all seriously" and should not be taken seriously until they are adults (I actually do agree to an extent, to be clear - posters who are kids should be taken slightly less seriously on certain issues where being an adult provides additional perspective), but if you do like them, it's simply "has a good head on his shoulders?" I really don't want to derail this thread and get off-topic, but it just annoys me that you've taken a 180 on this subject in a matter of five days...or maybe it's a double standard?

It is genuinely unclear to me what you want.
FazeRoxy
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2022, 04:22:53 PM »

A heroic panda
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2022, 03:47:13 PM »

Funnily enough, I don't see the ageist line come out again like it did for flyingmongoose, and  you aren't chiding Ishan for being a kid who lacks perspective (he and flyingmongoose both do to the extent that all kids do). So I guess if a poster is a kid and you don't like them, they are "difficult to take at all seriously" and should not be taken seriously until they are adults (I actually do agree to an extent, to be clear - posters who are kids should be taken slightly less seriously on certain issues where being an adult provides additional perspective), but if you do like them, it's simply "has a good head on his shoulders?" I really don't want to derail this thread and get off-topic, but it just annoys me that you've taken a 180 on this subject in a matter of five days...or maybe it's a double standard?

Let me begin by just saying that I do think that post of mine was a bit...extra. I should begin by saying that that post of mine is admittedly a bit too long-winded and I was reading too much into stuff. But all the same, my point was this: that you attacked Flyingmongoose because of his age and said his posts should not be taken seriously, whereas you were significantly less insulting to Ishan (who I believe is the same age as Flyingmongoose or possibly younger) because of his age. I was interested in the reason for this dichotomy/double-standard/difference in attitude.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2022, 03:48:49 PM »

Nothing but an absolute darling and sweetheart. 

Ishan is definitely mature beyond his age on paper and I have the feeling he has an extremely bright future in front of him. 
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2022, 08:47:18 PM »

Let me begin by just saying that I do think that post of mine was a bit...extra. I should begin by saying that that post of mine is admittedly a bit too long-winded and I was reading too much into stuff. But all the same, my point was this: that you attacked Flyingmongoose because of his age and said his posts should not be taken seriously, whereas you were significantly less insulting to Ishan (who I believe is the same age as Flyingmongoose or possibly younger) because of his age. I was interested in the reason for this dichotomy/double-standard/difference in attitude.

If Xahar responds he'll bring up Confederategate, so I'll just say we all make mistakes, and he said that about me before that.
FazeRoxy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2022, 10:16:44 PM »

If Xahar responds he'll bring up Confederategate, so I'll just say we all make mistakes, and he said that about me before that.

What’s confederategate?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2022, 03:55:27 PM »

What’s confederategate?

It's a horrible statement flyingmongoose made about the CSA for which he has subsequently apologized (also deleted the post) but enough people have quoted the post that you can still find it if you go to the thread in which it was posted.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2022, 04:01:24 PM »

The difference is that I'm not going to accuse someone of posting in an unserious manner if they're not making unserious posts.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2022, 04:06:27 PM »

Funnily enough, I don't see the ageist line come out again like it did for flyingmongoose, and  you aren't chiding Ishan for being a kid who lacks perspective (he and flyingmongoose both do to the extent that all kids do). So I guess if a poster is a kid and you don't like them, they are "difficult to take at all seriously" and should not be taken seriously until they are adults (I actually do agree to an extent, to be clear - posters who are kids should be taken slightly less seriously on certain issues where being an adult provides additional perspective), but if you do like them, it's simply "has a good head on his shoulders?" I really don't want to derail this thread and get off-topic, but it just annoys me that you've taken a 180 on this subject in a matter of five days...or maybe it's a double standard?

The difference is that I'm not going to accuse someone of posting in an unserious manner if they're not making unserious posts.

How about implying that public health officials are unqualified morons? He used right-wing talking points to a.) basically imply that public health officials are unqualified and know little and b.) imply that restrictions aren't made for any logical purpose but for the officials to be authoritarian and impose their will on the common people.

On the whole though, your point is valid, and I concede I definitely overreacted (and was overthinking matters) with both my previous post. I guess I was still irritated over the post you made months ago, and while I hold my view on that post, I realize that I probably need to stop focusing on that given how old it is and how pointless it is to further bring it up.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2022, 06:14:31 PM »

How dare anyone refer to MPHs as unqualified morons. Their qualifications are impeccable.

I unironically agree though I fear you're being ironic/sarcastic.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2022, 06:48:15 PM »

He's OK (voted FF) but I preferred when he was on our side in Atlasia Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length