Who would you have supported during The American Civil War?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:54:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who would you have supported during The American Civil War?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you have supported during The Civil War?
Confederacy (D or D-leaning)

Confederacy (R or R-leaning)

Copperhead/Peace (D or D-leaning)

Copperhead/Peace (R or R-leaning)

Union (D or D-leaning)

Union (R or R-leaning)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Who would you have supported during The American Civil War?  (Read 1530 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2022, 10:58:11 PM »

ExtremeRepublican lives in one of the richest counties in all of America, hails from one of the richest areas of the mid-Atlantic and is not just degreed but degreed from one of the most prestigious private schools in the country. Please learn to differentiate between suburban and rural. I know it's harder in this era of suddenly progressive-shifting suburbs in certain locales throwing people off, but it is southern suburbs that are the backbone of movement conservatism and continue to be the backbone even if Atlanta suburbs are moving a tinge (and hardly because of white folks). And the mouthpieces of the modern right-wing movement continue to rise from the same angry suburbs that they always have - north/west Chicago, Long Island, Orange County - even as they are now less representative of their peers rather than any rural area.

Also understand that church-going Evangelicals are some of the richest people in America and that whatever stereotypes you have of his group probably better applies to non-churchgoing cultural Christians in rural areas.

Yeah people forget MTG comes from Cobb County !
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2022, 03:04:47 PM »

CSA. I'm a neo-confederate in the sense of how Theodore Bilbo was a Black Nationalist- I support it because I want to get rid of a certain group (in Bilbo's case Black people, in my case poor rural Whites).

You are a massive FF in most respects, but this post is (one of) the worst I've ever read. Glad you apologized, but nonetheless, there are two things: a.) you do realize that slavery would continue in the south if the CSA won, right? and b.) I think you should just delete this post altoegether to clarify that it in no way reflects your views.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2022, 06:17:51 PM »

Union. Confederate bastards won't invade Pennsylvania on my watch!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2022, 04:50:01 AM »

Copperhead/Peace if I am at any risk of being drafted (don't want to die); Union if not. If drafted against my will, then whoever ended up drafting me (again don't want to get executed or end up in prison if lucky)

Realisticslly if there is any chance for me to flee to Canada, I'd take it
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2022, 06:09:17 AM »

ExtremeRepublican lives in one of the richest counties in all of America, hails from one of the richest areas of the mid-Atlantic and is not just degreed but degreed from one of the most prestigious private schools in the country. Please learn to differentiate between suburban and rural. I know it's harder in this era of suddenly progressive-shifting suburbs in certain locales throwing people off, but it is southern suburbs that are the backbone of movement conservatism and continue to be the backbone even if Atlanta suburbs are moving a tinge (and hardly because of white folks). And the mouthpieces of the modern right-wing movement continue to rise from the same angry suburbs that they always have - north/west Chicago, Long Island, Orange County - even as they are now less representative of their peers rather than any rural area.

Also understand that church-going Evangelicals are some of the richest people in America and that whatever stereotypes you have of his group probably better applies to non-churchgoing cultural Christians in rural areas.

Yeah people forget MTG comes from Cobb County !
It's highly likely we continue to see fire-breathing conservatives like MTG emerge from now left-leaning suburban counties. Actually, it should be more expected, because a certain type of right-winger might be driven to more vocal/"partisan" mentalities upon seeing Democrats take control in their area.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2022, 09:37:01 AM »

Blks weren't all the way free back then so my ancestors didn't have to join the Union but you don't have to go to combat there was always the Navy, there wasn't any anesthesia until WWII
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2022, 11:46:29 AM »

Copperhead/Peace if I am at any risk of being drafted (don't want to die); Union if not. If drafted against my will, then whoever ended up drafting me (again don't want to get executed or end up in prison if lucky)

Realisticslly if there is any chance for me to flee to Canada, I'd take it

The Copperheads weren't anti-war*, they were anti-emancipation. The position you seem to be describing is that of a non-resistant conscientious objector, of which there were many (William Lloyd Garrison being the most famous) and many alternatives to military service in the Union Army besides supporting the pro-slavery party!

*In an ideological sense. Obviously, they had reasons for objecting to this particular war, but if your only reason not to support the Union is not wanting to be drafted, if does not make sense that you would be a Copperhead.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2022, 01:35:56 PM »

The Union of course.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2022, 06:09:37 PM »