Who would you have supported during The American Civil War?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:57:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who would you have supported during The American Civil War?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who would you have supported during The Civil War?
Confederacy (D or D-leaning)

Confederacy (R or R-leaning)

Copperhead/Peace (D or D-leaning)

Copperhead/Peace (R or R-leaning)

Union (D or D-leaning)

Union (R or R-leaning)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Who would you have supported during The American Civil War?  (Read 1531 times)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2022, 09:04:37 PM »

Who would you have supported during The Civil War?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 09:10:06 PM »

Union (sane, normal)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 09:18:42 PM »

Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 09:52:53 PM »

CSA. I'm a neo-confederate in the sense of how Theodore Bilbo was a Black Nationalist- I support it because I want to get rid of a certain group (in Bilbo's case Black people, in my case poor rural Whites).

Comparing yourself to Theodore Bilbo and denigrating an entire group of economically disadvantaged people all in one post, very cool thank you flyingmongoose
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 10:14:05 PM »

CSA. I'm a neo-confederate in the sense of how Theodore Bilbo was a Black Nationalist- I support it because I want to get rid of a certain group (in Bilbo's case Black people, in my case poor rural Whites).

IOW, you should be in a camp.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 10:14:29 PM »

Get help.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 10:26:39 PM »

Union, Thaddeus Stevens had the right idea.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 10:33:26 PM »

Dude, just no.

Union, Thaddeus Stevens had the right idea.

^
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 10:43:26 PM »

0/10
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 11:01:52 PM »

Is YH ban been lifted yet cause otherwise there isn’t much a point to thread like these .
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 11:15:52 PM »

Do you know what name the Confederates used for us Yankees when they wanted to be real nasty? It was "mudsill" —a reference to the fact that unlike the southern planter class, the northern workingman had to get his hands dirty to put food on the table. Given your deep-seated contempt for working people and blatant apathy for the fate of Black Americans, I have no doubt you would have supported the Confederacy along with those genteel aristocrats Marse Robert and Jeff Davis.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 11:22:39 PM »

I certainly hope you will grow out of your foolish beliefs!
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2022, 12:34:43 AM »

What the fxck is wrong with you? Take a break from the forum, get some goddamn perspective, and come back in a few years when you are older wiser and more mature.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2022, 01:06:47 AM »

I would like to sincerely apologize for this. The aforementioned post came after I read an ER post saying something anti-Semitic, so the post was in a period of anger (this was after I had to complete a paper on 'Anti-Semitism In Modern Culture'. ER is who I associate the most with rural Whites. I, of course, do not think that the confederacy should have won (I've stated before that we should have renamed Georgia 'Sherman' after the war), and I do not hold any ill will towards Black people or any other minority, particularly since I am a minority on two counts. Owning up to your mistakes and taking responsibility for one's actions is a sign of maturity according to society and I hope to develop that skill more in the future.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2022, 01:21:23 AM »

The Union obviously, and every single Confederate soldier should have been jailed and charged with treason. Reconstruction was never going to go far enough.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2022, 01:31:25 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2022, 11:19:29 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

ExtremeRepublican lives in one of the richest counties in all of America, hails from one of the richest areas of the mid-Atlantic and is not just degreed but degreed from one of the most prestigious private schools in the country. Please learn to differentiate between suburban and rural. I know it's harder in this era of suddenly progressive-shifting suburbs in certain locales throwing people off, but it is southern suburbs that are the backbone of movement conservatism and continue to be the backbone even if Atlanta suburbs are moving a tinge (and hardly because of white folks). And the mouthpieces of the modern right-wing movement continue to rise from the same angry suburbs that they always have - north/west Chicago, Long Island, Orange County - even as they are now less representative of their peers rather than any rural area.

Also understand that church-going Evangelicals are some of the richest people in America and that whatever stereotypes you have of his group probably better applies to non-churchgoing cultural Christians in rural areas.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2022, 01:54:19 AM »

The aforementioned post came after I read an ER post saying something anti-Semitic, so the post was in a period of anger (this was after I had to complete a paper on 'Anti-Semitism In Modern Culture'.

To me it is an extremely safe bet that however antisemitic you interpreted the ER post to be, it does not compare in any way to saying, even in jest, that you want to get rid of a certain group.

ER is who I associate the most with rural Whites.

Sprouts has debunked this already. But I will also note that many, many of ER’s posts directly acknowledge that his lived experience is that of a suburban/exurban evangelical and he has shown enough self-awareness to call it a “bubble” on multiple occasions.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2022, 02:11:36 AM »

The aforementioned post came after I read an ER post saying something anti-Semitic, so the post was in a period of anger (this was after I had to complete a paper on 'Anti-Semitism In Modern Culture'.

To me it is an extremely safe bet that however antisemitic you interpreted the ER post to be, it does not compare in any way to saying, even in jest, that you want to get rid of a certain group.

Sprouts has debunked this already. But I will also note that many, many of ER’s posts directly acknowledge that his lived experience is that of a suburban/exurban evangelical and he has shown enough self-awareness to call it a “bubble” on multiple occasions.

I should clarify that I wasn't advocating for an ethnic genocide against any group, I was rather saying that I wouldn't have to deal with them since they wouldn't be in my country. That said it in no way excuses my actions, I just thought it might be prudent to clear up unhinged and stupid rage-posting against a demographic group vs advocating for a holocaust against said group.

As a Jewish person, I of all people should know that holocaust advocacy is terrible.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2022, 06:23:56 AM »

Union
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2022, 09:55:38 AM »

If I had a nickel for every time someone blamed poor rural dwellers for the sins of wealthy suburbanites, I would be a very rich man.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2022, 12:20:14 PM »

Never mind that Iowa, one of the most prototypically "rural white" states, supplied more Union soldiers per capita than any other state.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2022, 12:23:18 PM »

Never mind that Iowa, one of the most prototypically "rural white" states, supplied more Union soldiers per capita than any other state.

Also NYC was more sympathetic to the confederacy than upstate New York
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2022, 02:15:02 PM »

Union, the Federalist were the Collins Compassionate Conservative party and Democrats were Dixiecrats all the way up till 1920 when Cox put FDR on the ticket and lost against Harding and Females began to vote that allowed Coolidge to put as FBI Director Jay Edgar Hoover.

Red means Traditionalists or States Rights

Blue Secular or Federal Rights John Marshall Federalist used Judicial Review to help end slavery and Thurgood Marshall used it to end Apartheid
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2022, 02:31:34 PM »

I would like to sincerely apologize for this. The aforementioned post came after I read an ER post saying something anti-Semitic, so the post was in a period of anger (this was after I had to complete a paper on 'Anti-Semitism In Modern Culture'. ER is who I associate the most with rural Whites. I, of course, do not think that the confederacy should have won (I've stated before that we should have renamed Georgia 'Sherman' after the war), and I do not hold any ill will towards Black people or any other minority, particularly since I am a minority on two counts. Owning up to your mistakes and taking responsibility for one's actions is a sign of maturity according to society and I hope to develop that skill more in the future.

I think it might be good for you to reduce your level of interaction with Atlas, for your own mental health.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2022, 02:39:50 PM »

Union, the Federalist were the Collins Compassionate Conservative party and Democrats were Dixiecrats all the way up till 1920 when Cox put FDR on the ticket and lost against Harding and Females began to vote that allowed Coolidge to put as FBI Director Jay Edgar Hoover.

Red means Traditionalists or States Rights

Blue Secular or Federal Rights John Marshall Federalist used Judicial Review to help end slavery and Thurgood Marshall used it to end Apartheid

Someone should recut Ken Burns' Civil War documentary with the narration replaced with someone reading olawakandi quotes.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies