Would BRTD still like the Krassenstein brothers if they started posting unironically on r/atheism?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:16:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would BRTD still like the Krassenstein brothers if they started posting unironically on r/atheism?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would BRTD still like the Krassenstein brothers if they started posting unironically on r/atheism?  (Read 410 times)
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2022, 04:04:24 PM »

I’m guessing no, based on his seething hatred for r/atheism
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 04:05:46 PM »

It all hinges on their feelings regarding South Park and Dora the Explorer.
James Monroe

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 04:09:29 PM »

His bigotry against atheists stirs no merit.  Unless they guest appeared on Family Guy and his opinion reverses.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 04:11:10 PM »

His bigotry against atheists stirs no merit.  Unless they guest appeared on Family Guy and his opinion reverses.
I’m kinda surprised by how much BRTD loves Family Guy, given how often it is pro-atheist.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 04:26:08 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2022, 04:32:35 PM by The Inherent Beauty of the Stars in January »

His bigotry against atheists stirs no merit.  Unless they guest appeared on Family Guy and his opinion reverses.
I’m kinda surprised by how much BRTD loves Family Guy, given how often it is pro-atheist.
"Not All Dogs Go To Heaven" is almost universally considered one of the worst episodes and I agree with that. It's also a ridiculous plot hole since Brian has actually met Jesus Christ before and it makes no sense that he's an atheist.

Anyway one of them married a devout Christian per her own Twitter feed which I can't see an r/atheism poster ever doing, so very unlikely.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 04:39:22 PM »

Also you can check yourself if they do:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Ed_Krassenstein
https://www.reddit.com/user/KrassensteinB
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 05:48:55 PM »

His bigotry against atheists stirs no merit.  Unless they guest appeared on Family Guy and his opinion reverses.
"Not All Dogs Go To Heaven" is almost universally considered one of the worst episodes and I agree with that. It's also a ridiculous plot hole since Brian has actually met Jesus Christ before and it makes no sense that he's an atheist.

Anyway one of them married a devout Christian per her own Twitter feed which I can't see an r/atheism poster ever doing, so very unlikely.
Shouldn’t Jesus be Hindu since he met Krishna in a cutaway?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 05:53:07 PM »

Depends on their views of foot fetishes.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 07:40:58 PM »

I don't get the hatred for r/atheism. Yes, there isn't a whole lot of nuance on that subreddit, but the users are, for the most part, calling attention to real issues in the world. I'm not active there anymore, though.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 08:56:06 PM »

I don't get the hatred for r/atheism. Yes, there isn't a whole lot of nuance on that subreddit, but the users are, for the most part, calling attention to real issues in the world. I'm not active there anymore, though.
BRTD hates it because it makes him feel insecure
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2022, 09:03:36 PM »

Thank you 👏. I seriously don’t get why they never brought that up even as a throwaway joke
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2022, 09:24:27 PM »

Thank you 👏. I seriously don’t get why they never brought that up even as a throwaway joke
They actually did in a later episode. In one of the Christmas episodes Brian talks about how he doesn't believe the Christmas story and Stewie remarks "Jesus lived with us for like a week, what else do you need?"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2022, 09:28:47 PM »

LOL no. It actually reminds me of anti-Covid vax people talking, just a bunch of circle jerking about how they're so superior and more intellectual than the "sheep", aka Christians or vaccinated people.

Some people I know at my church include a university psychologist, a software engineer, a woman with a Master's in Aeronautic Engineering from Georgetown, one of the pastor's wife who is a pediatric anaesthesiology nurse (one of the most difficult nursing jobs that requires a Master's equivalent) and many teachers amongst others...and according to r/atheism's logic some random teenage edgelord who is struggling to even graduate high school is more intelligent than them as long as they're an atheist.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2022, 09:32:48 PM »

They actually did in a later episode. In one of the Christmas episodes Brian talks about how he doesn't believe the Christmas story and Stewie remarks "Jesus lived with us for like a week, what else do you need?"
Ah never saw that one
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 09:37:55 PM »

LOL no. It actually reminds me of anti-Covid vax people talking, just a bunch of circle jerking about how they're so superior and more intellectual than the "sheep", aka Christians or vaccinated people.

Some people I know at my church include a university psychologist, a software engineer, a woman with a Master's in Aeronautic Engineering from Georgetown, one of the pastor's wife who is a pediatric anaesthesiology nurse (one of the most difficult nursing jobs that requires a Master's equivalent) and many teachers amongst others...and according to r/atheism's logic some random teenage edgelord who is struggling to even graduate high school is more intelligent than them as long as they're an atheist.

People like Ben Carson prove the simple fact that it's possible to be highly educated and skilled yet still very stupid.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2022, 09:50:27 PM »

People like Ben Carson prove the simple fact that it's possible to be highly educated and skilled yet still very stupid.
I realize you probably won't watch it because you have no interest in watching any type of sermon, but I can not possibly see how someone could listen to the woman who spoke yesterday (she was a guest speaker and not a church member granted but not really relevant) and conclude that she's stupid. Or for example, whether you agree with his politics or not, Pete Buttigieg.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2022, 09:55:59 PM »

I realize you probably won't watch it because you have no interest in watching any type of sermon, but I can not possibly see how someone could listen to the woman who spoke yesterday (she was a guest speaker and not a church member granted but not really relevant) and conclude that she's stupid. Or for example, whether you agree with his politics or not, Pete Buttigieg.

I wasn't saying all Christians are stupid. I was refuting the idea that a person's qualifications in one field somehow prove that they are worth listening to when it comes to other subjects that that clearly haven't put much thought into.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2022, 10:32:00 PM »

I wasn't saying all Christians are stupid. I was refuting the idea that a person's qualifications in one field somehow prove that they are worth listening to when it comes to other subjects that that clearly haven't put much thought into.
Yes but according to r/atheism they are all stupid. Remember this is the place that advocates that religious people be banned from serving on juries.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2022, 10:33:51 PM »

Pretty nasty den of Islamophobia, for one.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2022, 11:43:38 PM »

Yes but according to r/atheism they are all stupid. Remember this is the place that advocates that religious people be banned from serving on juries.

Honestly, I respect militant atheists in the same way I extend some respect to people like ExtremeRepublican. Say whatever you want about them, but they're not hypocrites-- they follow their beliefs all the way to their logical conclusion, social stigma be damned.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies