Tom Brady Has Retired
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:15:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Tom Brady Has Retired
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tom Brady Has Retired  (Read 567 times)
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 09:48:00 PM »

As someone who is not a football fan and who knows virtually nothing about the game, I'm nevertheless somewhat familiar with Tom Brady, since he has been one of the most successful and most extensively covered sports players over the past few decades. He's been at more Superbowls and won more Superbowls than any other quarterback I can think of. And he had a long career for someone in this field.

Tom Brady has won more Super Bowls than any Team has in the Superbowl Era

I just saw a report on television stating that he won seven Super Bowls.

Only earned maybe two of them
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2022, 09:49:05 PM »

As someone who is not a football fan and who knows virtually nothing about the game, I'm nevertheless somewhat familiar with Tom Brady, since he has been one of the most successful and most extensively covered sports players over the past few decades. He's been at more Superbowls and won more Superbowls than any other quarterback I can think of. And he had a long career for someone in this field.

Weren't he and the Patriots accused of deflating footballs a few years ago? I'm surprised that he didn't face more severe sanctions for that, and neither did his former team.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2022, 09:50:46 PM »

Weren't he and the Patriots accused of deflating footballs a few years ago? I'm surprised that he didn't face more severe sanctions for that, and neither did his former team.

Yep. He cheated and benefitted from suspect game officiating throughout his career.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2022, 09:51:58 PM »

Yep. He cheated and benefitted from suspect game officiating throughout his career.

As I'm not a football fan, I'm not familiar with all of the allegations against him, though I assume this explains why so many people dislike Brady. The media, of course, has been singing his praises as the "Greatest of All Time", with no mention of that scandal.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2022, 09:54:45 PM »

As I'm not a football fan, I'm not familiar with all of the allegations against him, though I assume this explains why so many people dislike Brady. The media, of course, has been singing his praises as the "Greatest of All Time", with no mention of that scandal.

Yeah, unfortunately people only remember the results, not the impropriety. I don't know if you've ever followed NASCAR at all, but it's a similar story with Jimmie Johnson, a driver who tied a record number of championships and also cheated throughout his career. He's also been called the greatest by some.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2022, 09:57:31 PM »

Yeah, unfortunately people only remember the results, not the impropriety. I don't know if you've ever followed NASCAR at all, but it's a similar story with Jimmie Johnson, a driver who tied a record number of championships and also cheated throughout his career. He's also been called the greatest by some.

I've never followed NASCAR, and I didn't even know who Jimmie Johnson was until you mentioned him. But I'm generally of the opinion that many in the entertainment industry, whether they are musicians, athletes, or actors, are grossly overrated and that they are paid far more than they should be, for the work that they generate. I dislike the media's obsession with celebrity and with "glamor", when there are so many people in this country who are struggling.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2022, 09:59:03 PM »

I've never followed NASCAR, and I didn't even know who Jimmie Johnson was until you mentioned him. But I'm generally of the opinion that many in the entertainment history, whether they are musicians, athletes, or actors, are grossly overrated and that they are paid far more than they should be, for the work that they generate. I dislike the media's obsession with celebrity and with "glamor", when there are so many people in this country who are struggling.

I get that. Some sports contracts in recent seasons have been truly ridiculous.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2022, 01:27:09 AM »

He's 44, I'm not surprised
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2022, 05:56:44 AM »

Everyone forgets he cheated with Deflategate and Pats lost Draft picks all athletes cheat, Jordan gambled, and many baseball players Sosa and Maguire and Bonds used Roids as well as Jeter but these oil men like Jerry Jones pay them 30 M dollar contracts  a yr and Blacks and Latinos make up 35 percent other population make up 2)3 rds of the poverty rate
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies