If Mo Brooks gets elected, will he be the most hated member of the Senate by other Senators?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:56:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Mo Brooks gets elected, will he be the most hated member of the Senate by other Senators?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Mo Brooks gets elected, will he be the most hated member of the Senate by other Senators?  (Read 428 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2022, 05:58:19 AM »

Ted Cruz is usually known to be the Senator most hated by other Senators, but if Mo Brooks gets elected, will he surpass him?
Brooks' ties to Jan 6 make him quite unpopular even in the house, and imo the reason so many Senators (even Tuberville) are endorsing or attending fundraisers for Katie Britt is because they hate Mo Brooks so much. Trump is practically his only notable endorsement.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 02:21:44 PM »

Mandel will be in the mix too
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 05:15:59 PM »

That would be ironic, given that Mandel was once viewed as a relatively generic establishment Republican and campaigned alongside Mitt Romney when he first ran for the Senate in 2012. Now, if he were to enter the Senate, he would be a staunch Trumpist and would be disliked by most of his establishment colleagues, including Romney.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 10:47:36 PM »

That would be ironic, given that Mandel was once viewed as a relatively generic establishment Republican and campaigned alongside Mitt Romney when he first ran for the Senate in 2012. Now, if he were to enter the Senate, he would be a staunch Trumpist and would be disliked by most of his establishment colleagues, including Romney.

True, but I was more referring to Mandel's toxic personality and general lack of likability. Like, the GOPers in the Senate don't hate Cruz because he's super conservative, they hate him because he's a dickhead
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 10:50:21 PM »

True, but I was more referring to Mandel's toxic personality and general lack of likability. Like, the GOPers in the Senate don't hate Cruz because he's super conservative, they hate him because he's a dickhead

I get what you're saying. I myself have said before that just because two people share the same political views or are members of the same party, that doesn't mean they will like each other or get along personally.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 08:21:49 AM »

Cruz will still hold that position. Brooks could outmatch him in malice and incompetence, but the Zodiac’s secret weapon is the complete and obvious inability to support his nearest and dearest. He may not be the most regular frustration for other Senators, but the contempt most hold him in is probably the deepest.

He also gives off ex-threatre kid vibes, so is probably really annoying in private.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 01:04:51 PM »

Cruz will still hold that position. Brooks could outmatch him in malice and incompetence, but the Zodiac’s secret weapon is the complete and obvious inability to support his nearest and dearest. He may not be the most regular frustration for other Senators, but the contempt most hold him in is probably the deepest.

He also gives off ex-threatre kid vibes, so is probably really annoying in private.

GOP voters love machismo and “traditional” masculinity, whether it’s genuine (e.g. desantis or cotton) or convincingly performed (eg hawley and trump). Cruz’s problem is that he is a whiny, physically weak and unattractive, obvious privilege baby. He’s like Ben Shapiro but actually in office, and pretends like he’s some macho guy defending traditional values when he couldn’t even defend his own wife’s honor. He is so revolting that he gave democrats false hope for winning in Texas a decade earlier than they’re supposed to. Truly one of the least talented politicians ever, and my personal fave for the gop nom in 2024
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 05:15:51 PM »

GOP voters love machismo and “traditional” masculinity, whether it’s genuine (e.g. desantis or cotton) or convincingly performed (eg hawley and trump). Cruz’s problem is that he is a whiny, physically weak and unattractive, obvious privilege baby. He’s like Ben Shapiro but actually in office, and pretends like he’s some macho guy defending traditional values when he couldn’t even defend his own wife’s honor. He is so revolting that he gave democrats false hope for winning in Texas a decade earlier than they’re supposed to. Truly one of the least talented politicians ever, and my personal fave for the gop nom in 2024

I agree with everything you’ve said, and it makes it all the more astonishing that a guy as fundamentally weird, unlikeable and utterly contemptible has gotten so far.

Mo Brooks is undeniably awful, but I’d honestly rather be in a room with him than Cruz who just strikes me as unbearable to be around.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 09:20:16 AM »

Trump is practically his only notable endorsement.

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul have endorsed him. It says something that Tuberville is neutral…
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies