BRTD vs OSR
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:15:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD vs OSR
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for / Who wins?
BRTD / BRTD

BRTD / OSR

OSR / BRTD

OSR / OSR

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: BRTD vs OSR  (Read 1294 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2022, 03:07:27 AM »

Emotional hardcore versus emotionless software.
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 03:31:47 AM »

One of the few instances I will, without hesitation, pick a true blue avatar over a red. I suspect BRTD will win though, but it could be close.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 11:32:46 PM »

Myself of course/the white Christian would win
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 11:46:22 PM »

One of the few instances I will, without hesitation, pick a true blue avatar over a red. I suspect BRTD will win though, but it could be close.
Watch as I still win Wisconsin. Even despite me promising to appoint only Supreme Court Justices who listen to emo and pick a Christian hardcore band vocalist as my running mate.
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 11:51:24 PM »

Watch as I still win Wisconsin. Even despite me promising to appoint only Supreme Court Justices who listen to emo.
Oh god, I'm so offended that you think you'd win a fictional election in a state I don't remotely like.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 11:57:52 PM »

If you want to go there I can respond by saying  that the Trump era offers me a lot of wedge issues to get the GOP base out  I can use that I wouldn’t have been able to say 10 years ago .

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 08:58:32 AM »

Write-in: Giant Meteor
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 09:17:59 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2022, 09:27:47 AM by Laki »

Who I would vote for depends on the campaign because i'm not sure, i would lean OSR but BRTD would be able to win me back based on his campaign and how much he focus on issues I care about. The issue is i'm not sure he would. OSR might also focus on issues i feel strongly against, making me turn out for BRTD anyway. If a pollster calls me i would be one of the undecided ones, and it would depend on the race.

I think OSR would win easily in today's America. However the harder thing for OSR would be (even in this case that he would win the primary) to keep the GOP united, especially the Trump base, while not alienating independents and conservative Democrats. i'd probably wouldn't be part of his coalition anyway, but BRTD's challenge would be in turning people like me out to win the election and based on a lot of responses on this forum and threads he start, he might rant on things that don't matter and alienate a lot of people against him, including gen Z, the left and so on. BRTD could only win if a lot of people he hates himself would vote for him, and if he isn't presidential he wouldn't get elected.

OSR would be able to get away if he wasn't presidential. An OSR that gets his act together while BRTD continues to behave like he usually does would result in a +15 landslide, especially if OSR is able to not compromise that much and turn into a Trumpist direction but with sounding Trumpish enough to get that vote, which is a tough thing to do, but DeSantis and Youngkin were able to do it.

Than I believe we could see a 53/55 - 37/40 landslide victory for OSR. The gains would be mostly in expanding leads in states OSR already won and in people that don't vote BRTD (but don't vote OSR eitherway), especially among younger progressives that mostly stay home or could vote third party (green).

I think BRTD's homestate and OSR's homestate could be competitive.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 09:36:03 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2022, 09:44:24 AM by Laki »

Technically NJ could be likely too but average is quite old, and I feel like BRTD fits New Jersey for some reason. If BRTD rants about Jersey shore, people from NJ will likely agree, OSR has no shot.

If BRTD rants over minors ignoring PTA, he likely would only offend a few, and no-one would know what he talks about but he would waste time talking about issues that matter, he probably would also focus highly on social issues but likely doing it in a way that is both offending to woke crowds and soccon folks while centrists would be like: what the  are you talking about or simply not be energized. They'll vote becuase he's the democrat and not the republican but BRTD will suffer major losses in younger age categories, and OSR could come across as more moderate than "generic republican candidate" while also possibly being active/agressive in certain areas like foreign policy. Problem for OSR is that america is mostly done with interventions and being the world's policemen. Issues like high inflation and high gas energy prices is what he would have to tackle and painting China as boobooman isn't gonna work [even in the case OSR is right which i don't focus on, but people will not vote for that].
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2022, 11:17:27 AM »

I would kill amongst Latino voters once they hear about me talking about how I think "L*tinx" is.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 01:09:51 PM »

BRTD is capable of changing his opinion when presented with new facts.

With that said, that quality isn't necessary for a politician.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 09:12:33 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2022, 09:16:26 AM by Chips »

This would be my gut feeling of an election between two candidates with the same political views as OSR and BRTD.

Archon
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 04:18:30 PM »

I choose OSR
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 11:38:07 AM »

OSR. BRTD isn't someone who should be remotely near power, and I trust that both would lose the next election.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2022, 11:08:39 PM »

BRTD and then get some popcorn.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2022, 12:23:52 AM »

You guys are way off, this would be an easy BRTD win.

Sure, he's a bit of an oddball, but he's an oddball in an endearing way. No one truly dislikes him. How can you? And also, he's pretty much a normie Democrat for the most part.

OSR would run into the trap of trying to please both wings of the Republican Party, but come out leaving both sides unsatisfied. He'd be too much of a Standard Republican for the Trump wing, and too much of a Trump Guy for the moderate wing.

And in the general election, he'd nonsense culture war issues, while BRTD knows to steer clear of that stuff.

On a personal level, OSR is way too off-putting whereas BRTD is an endearing oddball.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2022, 12:36:25 AM »

I would be very unhappy with a BRTD presidency but at least he's a Democrat (ie - his morality and values are not Republican).
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2022, 08:47:14 PM »

It'll all be fun & games until the feet collection and emo speeches come out and BRTD loses a fairly winnable election. It also doesn't help that BRTD would have weird reasons to not visit anywhere that isn't already a titanium D place.

OSR/OSR btw
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2022, 10:02:52 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2022, 10:29:43 PM by Badger »

BRTD vote. The result would be a high chance of an independent party winning.

BRTD  Could and would easily win if he were able to shut up for more than 20 minutes about emo music and women's feet come up but of course he could never do that.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2022, 07:11:02 PM »

You guys are way off, this would be an easy BRTD win.

Sure, he's a bit of an oddball, but he's an oddball in an endearing way. No one truly dislikes him. How can you? And also, he's pretty much a normie Democrat for the most part.

OSR would run into the trap of trying to please both wings of the Republican Party, but come out leaving both sides unsatisfied. He'd be too much of a Standard Republican for the Trump wing, and too much of a Trump Guy for the moderate wing.

And in the general election, he'd nonsense culture war issues, while BRTD knows to steer clear of that stuff.

On a personal level, OSR is way too off-putting whereas BRTD is an endearing oddball.

This would be a problem...if there was a moderate wing of the GOP. There isn't one, though. But if what you mean is "moderate/centrist independents/undecideds," then yes, I agree.

Anyway, I would say OSR wins. Who would I vote for? I like BRTD and in the end I might agree with him more than OSR. But could I in good conscience vote against the potential first Indian-American president? No. I'd probably have to vote for the Indian-American candidate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies